Sync stereo

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
AMAZING! Ford Marketing strikes out again.
I simply do not understand why they would not advertise the content from bottom to top of the Ranger line. Maybe even a feature spread sheet.
I think it might actually help sell the "higher trim levels" when people saw a clear picture of the content with the features they want. It would also alleviate any disappointment or resentment from those with "higher expectations".
At least it would prevent most misunderstanding.
The result would be better for all involved.
You can't get hd radio in a supercab even if you pay for 501a. That's why I'm pissed. ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
You can't get hd radio in a supercab even if you pay for 501a. That's why I'm pissed. ;)
HD is a digital broadcast system , you can get it in a $30 pocket radio.
Doesn't every Sync 3 equipped Ranger have the HD feature???
Are you referring to the B&O thing?
That was just another example (of many) of Marketing's failure to inform the buyers of content.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD is a digital broadcast system , you can get it in a $30 pocket radio.
Doesn't every Sync 3 equipped Ranger have the HD feature???
Are you referring to the B&O thing?
That was just another example (of many) of Marketing's failure to inform the buyers of content.
Nope. They have two different radios, one of which does hd radio and one of which does not. They tied the hd radio to the b&o speakers, which you can't get in a supercab. I'm fine with the speakers--there's no place for the sub in a supercab--but since they did this artificial segmentation you can't get hd radio at all in a supercab, and that's just stupid. (Unless I'm missing something--in my truck if I tune to a station that broadcasts hd there's nothing to show it's being received and no way to go to the other subchannels.)

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. They have two different radios, one of which does hd radio and one of which does not. They tied the hd radio to the b&o speakers, which you can't get in a supercab. I'm fine with the speakers--there's no place for the sub in a supercab--but since they did this artificial segmentation you can't get hd radio at all in a supercab, and that's just stupid. (Unless I'm missing something--in my truck if I tune to a station that broadcasts hd there's nothing to show it's being received and no way to go to the other subchannels.)
Everyday... another revelation:angry: What next?? No FM? Its just one stupid petty thing after another.
It would be somewhat better if they just made this stuff clear from the beginning.
Lots of surprises!:D... any good ones?:rolleyes:

edit... I found the reference to HD in a proprietary sheet where it mentioned it in conjunction with the B&O sound system as a feature in the fine print.
Can't find it anywhere else in any Ford literature... Not exactly full disclosure, but I guess at least they knew about limiting this common feature.
It is on my TC (XLT) and not mentioned anywhere in the paperwork.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyday... another revelation:angry: What next?? No FM? Its just one stupid petty thing after another.
It would be somewhat better if they just made this stuff clear from the beginning.

edit... I found the reference to HD in a proprietary sheet where it mentioned it in conjunction with the B&O sound system as a feature in the fine print.
Can't find it anywhere else in any Ford literature... Not exactly full disclosure, but I guess at least they knew about limiting this common feature.
It shows up as an asterisk in the latest config sheets.

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have the AM/FM with Sync radio with 6 speakers?
Especially on a Supercab.
How is the sound?
Where are the six speakers located?
"A" pillars and all four doors?? Is that the way it is on both the Sedan and the coupe?
I love the radio, but I am not an audiophile. I do crank it up pretty good sometimes and I think it sounds great. No vibration or distortion. One thing that annoys me, it does not have Sirrius XM. Even though I received a pamphlet with the owners manual with free 6 months of same. No reason for the lack of Sirrius in any new car.

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
An issue I can't figure out is whether or not I can project Android Auto on my 4.2 screen? Everything read is that AA and apple car play is available but I guess it doesn' project specify which packages it is truly included with...? Any help with this, guys?

Last edited:

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I love the radio, but I am not an audiophile. I do crank it up pretty good sometimes and I think it sounds great. No vibration or distortion. One thing that annoys me, it does not have Sirrius XM. Even though I received a pamphlet with the owners manual with free 6 months of same. No reason for the lack of Sirrius in any new car.
As a younger person I was into great sound. As I have gotten older I find that I dont care as much and my cranking it up days are behind me. Too much talking/commercials on the morning drive anyway

@DBRanger, I am sure you know this, but if not, you could always get a streaming sub (if you have reliable data coverage) for 8 bucks a month or 16 to include all of the sports programming. 1 buck a month for first 3 months. My radio will have the capability but cant do it in Hawaii. But, now that I have reminded myself, I might just sign up for the streaming myself. Love the product. The good part of that is streaming comes across at a much better bit rate than the satellite link, so you will have a much better sound than the satellite link.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
You can get B&O and HD radio in a Supercab... it just has to be a Lariat.

B&O in the crew cab is adequate. I can't imagine the base stereo is any good.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic

Do you have a super cab with B&O? Ford told me they cant do it. Thanks Bret

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Do you have a super cab with B&O? Ford told me they cant do it. Thanks Bret
Eh, you might be right. If you check 501A on the online configurator, it adds the B&O emblems to the speakers, but then it says "Supercrew only." They should fix that. I could have SWORN the last time I built a Supercab it didn't sasy "Supercrew only."

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I have a lariat, it doesn't make more space appear behind the back seat.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager

What options did you order to end up with B&O on your XLT? I don't have mine yet and I hope I ordered correctly. I may still have time to make a change.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What options did you order to end up with B&O on your XLT? I don't have mine yet and I hope I ordered correctly. I may still have time to make a change.
Sorry for the confusion,:blush: but I was referring to HD Radio being included with Sync 3.
"TC" stands for "Transit Connect" It has a nice sound system but AFAIK B&O was not offered on the TC in 2016.
My TC Came with HD , now it is apparently only included with The B&O sound system in the Lariat.

My Ranger is an STX SuperCab (coupe)
It is still in shake down (only 30 miles on it so far) and in my shop for a few minor mods.
So far I am well satisfied with every feature, even though the truck and I are just getting aquainted and both of us are learning and making adjustments. The prognosis is good!

I don't know if I will ever get to like the Start/Stop feature but I've decided to give it a chance.
OBTW ...My PDI did not include properly adjusting the Tire Pressure!:facepalm::crackup:

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Sorry for the confusion,:blush: but I was referring to HD Radio being included with Sync 3./QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll have to upgrade speakers if I don't like the sound. My old ears aren't nearly as good as they used to be so, if the OEMs don't distort badly, all I should need is better tweeters or to wear my aids when I want to listen. I would think that an $800 OEM radio would be decent quality.
Sponsored