OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
A lot has to do with expectations...
I like the OEM stereo in my new Ranger... but I realize its no match for the 460 sound system in my Mustang or the Alpine in my Pinto.
With the Ranger I just have to be content with entertaining the people INSIDE my vehicle and not those a block away!:rolleyes::giggle:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot has to do with expectations...
I like the OEM stereo in my new Ranger... but I realize its no match for the 460 sound system in my Mustang or the Alpine in my Pinto.
With the Ranger I just have to be content with entertaining the people INSIDE my vehicle and not those a block away!:rolleyes::giggle:
I have the stock 6 speaker system with the Sync 3 amp and it seems to be well matched.
I get no wow, flutter or distortion with the stock speakers.
I'm no Stereo expert but I sense that a speaker upgrade would not change much without an amp change.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
An issue I can't figure out is whether or not I can project Android Auto on my 4.2 screen? Everything read is that AA and apple car play is available but I guess it doesn' project specify which packages it is truly included with...? Any help with this, guys?
I have the same issue. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to link Android Auto. Guess I will just continue using my smart phone screen (it is bigger anyway). I already have a vent holder for it from my Taurus.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I have the same issue. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to link Android Auto. Guess I will just continue using my smart phone screen (it is bigger anyway). I already have a vent holder for it from my Taurus.
4" is not compatible with AA/CarPlay. Non-touch screen.

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I unfortunately confirmed at my local Ford Dealer that the 4.2 screen is not compatible with AA & ACP. I was misquoted when I bought the vehicle and told it was compatible. It's a big let down for me but I guess I'll just have to buy an aftermarket in dash screen. Any ideas for a good one?

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4" is not compatible with AA/CarPlay. Non-touch screen.
Again it would be best if Ford was able to fully inform ordinary buyers before purchase.
Everybody involved would be happier with informed decisions.
I have been playing/studying/ experimenting with my new Radio/Sync in my STX.
It is the 4.2" non-capacitive screen.
Great sound... and so far I love the way it operates more as I become familiar with it.
I think I will learn to prefer it over the capacitive screen.
Still miss HD though, just as others might miss AA/CarPlay if they aren't told ahead of time.
Sponsored