2022 Nissan Frontier

BOB RAD

First Name
BEBO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
I loved my 2012 frontier and never had a problem with it in three years of ownership. Mist of all I loved the size. Now it is going in the "Look at Me, i’m BIG and BAD" mold of all the other trucks. Was waiting for the new ones to come out but got impatient and bought my Ranger. Please ford stop growing the ranger, the one I have is bigger than my 1992 F150.
Sponsored

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
I loved my 2012 frontier and never had a problem with it in three years of ownership. Mist of all I loved the size. Now it is going in the "Look at Me, i’m BIG and BAD" mold of all the other trucks. Was waiting for the new ones to come out but got impatient and bought my Ranger. Please ford stop growing the ranger, the one I have is bigger than my 1992 F150.
It definitely is bigger!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
That's because Americans are growing. I'm bigger than I was in 1992 as well. Nothing like replacing your "fat clothes" with "fatter clothes"

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
That's because Americans are growing. I'm bigger than I was in 1992 as well. Nothing like replacing your "fat clothes" with "fatter clothes"
And a "fatter"price! LOL

Well, the RANGER had its own nice price increase when it debuted again.

the Frontier didn't die and come back however, but the 2022 will see a bit of a price hike.
I compared earlier my truck to a 2022 comparible equipped, and its about $1900 more...

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The all-new 2022 Nissan Frontier will arrive at Nissan dealerships in September with a starting MSRP4 of $27,840 for the Frontier S King Cab 4x2.

"The all-new 2022 Frontier builds on Nissan's six-plus decades of mid-size truck leadership with a bold new exterior, adventure-oriented interior and the latest driver assistance and connectivity technologies," said Mike Colleran, senior vice president, Nissan U.S. Marketing and Sales. "It's an authentic midsize truck with a range of body, drivetrain and equipment configurations carefully selected to fit customer needs."

The 2022 Frontier King Cab is offered in 4x2 and 4x4 S and SV grades with a 6-foot bed. The 2022 Frontier Crew Cab is offered in 4x2 and 4x4 S and SV (SWB and LWB) grades, as well as PRO-4X (4x4 only) and new-for-2022 PRO-X (4x2 only) grades. All Crew Cab models feature a 5-foot bed except the SV LWB model, which features a 6-foot bed.

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices4 for the 2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab:

Frontier S King Cab 4x2​
$27,840 USD​
Frontier SV King Cab 4x2​
$30,540 USD​
Frontier S King Cab 4x4​
$31,040 USD​
Frontier SV King Cab 4x4​
$33,740 USD​
Destination and Handling $1,175.

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices4 for the 2022 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab:

Frontier S Crew Cab 4x2​
$29,340 USD​
Frontier SV Crew Cab 4x2 SWB​
$32,140 USD​
Frontier SV Crew Cab 4x2 LWB​
$34,040 USD​
Frontier S Crew Cab 4x4​
$32,340 USD​
Frontier SV Crew Cab 4x4 SWB​
$35,140 USD​
Frontier SV Crew Cab 4x4 LWB​
$37,040 USD​
Frontier PRO-X Crew Cab 4x2​
$34,240 USD​
Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab 4x4​
$37,240 USD​
Destination and Handling $1,175.

Three option packages are offered: Premium (SV, PRO) at $2,790, Convenience (SV, PRO) at $1,990 and Technology (S, SV, PRO) at $990.

For more information on the all-new 2022 Frontier, along with the complete lineup of Nissan vehicles,

****************************************************************************************
From another source.

Frontier S: The least-expensive Frontier, a King Cab S (that's "extended cab" in Nissan-speak), now costs $29,015, or $675 more than last year. Opt for the crew cab S, and that price jumps to $30,515, a full $1,065 more than before; four-wheel drive adds $3,200 to the King Cab S and $3,000 to the crew cab S.

Frontier SV: As before, the SV trim is available in King Cab, crew cab, and long-wheelbase crew cab forms. The long-wheelbase model comes with a longer six-foot bed, while the regular crew cab gets a shorter five-foot bed.
As mentioned, the SV Frontiers see the biggest price increases of the bunch. The King Cab SV 4x2, for example, sees its price leap by $2,495 to $31,715; the SV crew cab costs $2,965 more than last year, starting at $33,315; and the SV crew cab long-wheelbase version is $2,255 more than before, starting at $35,215. Four-wheel drive adds $3,200 to the King Cab SV's price, and $3,000 to the crew cab models' bottom lines. As with the Frontier S, the SV variants more or less line up with the six-cylinder, mid-grade SR5 versions of Toyota's Tacoma.

Frontier Pro-X and Pro-4X: The new-for-2022 Frontier Pro-X trim has no precedent, but starts at $35,415 and includes much the same off-road equipment as the four-wheel-drive Pro-4X. Consider the top-of-the-line Frontier Pro-4X a surprise—its price is actually $615 lower than last year, starting at $38,415.

Last edited:

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I've seen a few en route to dealerships priced between 35 and 45. It looks like they are manufacturing all the ones they know will sell better in the beginning like the non-LWB SVs and pro-4xs. Interestingly, I've seen a few dealerships listing 2022 Pro-4x in the 36k range while also revealing the MSRP. They should start showing up tomorrow or Tuesday at some dealerships.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
I've seen a few en route to dealerships priced between 35 and 45. It looks like they are manufacturing all the ones they know will sell better in the beginning like the non-LWB SVs and pro-4xs. Interestingly, I've seen a few dealerships listing 2022 Pro-4x in the 36k range while also revealing the MSRP. They should start showing up tomorrow or Tuesday at some dealerships.
there are quite a few Pro-X's coming here... Sorta like the Ranger FX2.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
And, depending on model, tow ratings are up to 1000 lbs less than the Ranger. :handsinair:

BOB RAD

First Name
BEBO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
Well I’m skinnier than I was in 92 and if I bought cars and trucks based on my size I would need Jay Leno’s garage.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
... Please ford stop growing the ranger, the one I have is bigger than my 1992 F150.
I have a 1990 Bronco and it is HUGE compared to my Ranger, especially in width.

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
And, depending on model, tow ratings are up to 1000 lbs less than the Ranger. :handsinair:
For me it's not as much the towing as the payload capacity. You run out of payload way faster than you run out of towing capacity.

A pro4x is rated around 1000lbs of payload where a fully loaded tremor is in the 1350 range and a xlt is in the 1450-1500 range.

My buddy has a 2017 nissan frontier sv kingcab barebone, and he still only has 1300 pounds. The equivalent ranger is 1800...

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I'm still keeping my eye open for these. Searching daily. I haven't actually seen one in the lot yet but dealers are mostly advertising pricing at MSRP. If Nissan expects people to pay MSRP for these things, they will probably get a lot of people telling them to eff off unless they are just diehard Nissan loyalists. You can get a TRD OR Taco (which will have no problem outselling Frontiers), a MUCH more capable Colorado ZR2, or a MUCH more capable Lariat Tremor for around the price of an optioned out Pro-4x.. I would entertain buying a Pro-4x for 36-37ish grand but not 46 grand...

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
I'm still keeping my eye open for these. Searching daily. I haven't actually seen one in the lot yet but dealers are mostly advertising pricing at MSRP. If Nissan expects people to pay MSRP for these things, they will probably get a lot of people telling them to eff off unless they are just diehard Nissan loyalists. You can get a TRD OR Taco (which will have no problem outselling Frontiers), a MUCH more capable Colorado ZR2, or a MUCH more capable Lariat Tremor for around the price of an optioned out Pro-4x.. I would entertain buying a Pro-4x for 36-37ish grand but not 46 grand...
FORD is selling at MSRP as well, its not any different.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I wouldn't pay MSRP for either. Just too expensive either way. I bought my 2021 301A XLT 4x4 with bedliner, ELD, tow package for 32.5 grand in late march so for me, prices are going to have to come back down before I make any purchases. I'm willing to pay a few more grand for a nicer truck like the pro-4x but 38 grand for a base pro4x is just a lot for me. MSRP on my Ranger was 37.9 IIRC and I would NOT pay that right now. Damn these supply shortages; I'm impatient.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FORD is selling at MSRP as well, its not any different.
It depends on the dealer. I bought my 2021 Lariat Tremor for $1k below the invoice price and got $6k more for my Mustang trade than I was offered last year three weeks ago. Not much in the way of rebates only got $500 trade in allowance.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
It depends on the dealer. I bought my 2021 Lariat Tremor for $1k below the invoice price and got $6k more for my Mustang trade than I was offered last year three weeks ago. Not much in the way of rebates only got $500 trade in allowance.
It very does depend on the dealer, their level of inventory, demand, and what's in transit.
Some dealers are honoring discounts, some aren't. Some have been honoring, xplan, for example, some haven't. As with you, the dealer wanted your Mustang, so that helped you out in the long run.
Sponsored