First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
As the 2022 Nissan Frontier approaches dealer lots any day now (already dealer ordered), I wonder if its going to provide any competition to the Ranger?

I will have to say, some nice looking trucks, and some very positive reviews.

They are doing like Ford with the FX2 and FX4. with the PRO-X and PRO-4X

2022fr.jpg
Sponsored

Deleted member 9836

The Pro-x is about 7k more than an FX2. That was the deciding factor with me I finally making up my mind to go Ranger over Frontier. Frontier was the value leader. Not anymore.

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
The Pro-x is about 7k more than an FX2. That was the deciding factor with me I finally making up my mind to go Ranger over Frontier. Frontier was the value leader. Not anymore.
what prices are you giving the FX2 vs the Pro-x? I'm not seeing 7K.

My FX2 was 36,670, and a 2022 Frontier Crew Cab PRO-X 4x2 is $38,570 (price is for the truck I posted the pic above of) .....that's $1900, not $7000.

Not sure where you were looking or what you were comparing!

Last edited:

Deleted member 9836

what prices are you giving the FX2 vs the Pro-x? I'm not seeing 7K.

My FX2 was 36,670, and a 2022 Frontier Crew Cab PRO-X 4x2 is $38,570 (price is for the truck I posted the pic above of) .....that's $1900, not $7000.

Not sure where you were looking or what you were comparing!
im looking at an xl with mid pkg, locking dif, which you can’t get on Nissan. Bediner, FX2, STX upgrade and I’m coming out at about 31k.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As the 2022 Nissan Frontier approaches dealer lots any day now (already dealer ordered), I wonder if its going to provide any competition to the Ranger?

I will have to say, some nice looking trucks, and some very positive reviews.

They are doing like Ford with the FX2 and FX4. with the PRO-X and PRO-4X

2022fr.jpg
Hi Folks,

Anytime a new vehicle from a competitor arrives on the scene, there is likely concern if you have a dated vehicle...Seems Nissan will have a spot in the sun in 2022 but Ranger will advance (hopefully without SYNC but Google) in 2023. Who will win the mid size pickup wars...remains to be seen but we at Ford have faced this time and time again and come out on top with Trucks...not so much cars... You can bet that Ford already has one or more to assess. Usually the first vehicle is a tear down where every nut and bolt is tagged, costed and put on huge bread boards for the engineers to review their respective systems. Takes up a lot of real estate to breadboard a complete vehicle. Next vehicle is usually a hoist review for Engineering. Then the business guys look at the financial aspects. Certainly pressure is added to existing products and so this cycle repeats, over and over. Sometime you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield.... Will the 2023 Ranger top this late to the party offering? Hope so, and I am sure Nissan is hoping not... Visious business...Glad to be retired now...

DCPX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It seems like the Nissan asked Toyota and Ford, “Can I copy your Midsize truck?
Toyota and Ford Responded with “Sure just change it up a little so it doesn’t look like you copied it”:crackup:

6D4F5390-D823-42DD-9377-90134914B680.jpeg

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
No.

/thread

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Bring on the competition and choices. This would be a boring world if everyone drove a ranger.

BTW at day 47 for my paid off 2021 FX4 Lariat at the dealer with defective drive axle with 7,100 miles. Still willing to give the Ranger one last chance when repaired. Every maker has issues and superstars.

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
Nissan are not known for reliability.. especially in the last 10-15 years
I know of Frontiers and Titans that have lasted for YEARS AND YEARS and are still on the road. we have an old Titan and Frontier in the family that have well over 100,000 miles on them. You didn't specifically speak of Nissan "trucks", however....

Some of their cars with CVT's have had some reliability issues though.

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Nissan North America resides in my home state and provides many jobs and is active in the community so I’m rooting for them. However, this new frontier with is lower towing and payload ratings than the Ranger did not go far enough.

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
Nissan North America resides in my home state and provides many jobs and is active in the community so I’m rooting for them. However, this new frontier with is lower towing and payload ratings than the Ranger did not go far enough.
I drive by it everyday. Two family members work in that building (well, not presently, work @ home).
Sponsored