First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Tried to make article sharable but it basically said Nissan announced no plans to return the Titan back in the full size U.S. truck market. Taking on the big 3 proved a tough challenge for them. My loaner truck is 22 Titan and really feel it's a good quality truck with competitive price point. N/A V8 gets decent gas mileage also. Last Titan year is 2024 on this current platform. Nissan will still keep the Frontier in midsize lineup beyond 2024
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
While Ive never been a big fan of the Titan I still hate to see them go. Competition is good for everyone and it keeps the other manufactures on their toes, it leaves one less now.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Tried to make article sharable but it basically said Nissan announced no plans to return the Titan back in the full size U.S. truck market. Taking on the big 3 proved a tough challenge for them. My loaner truck is 22 Titan and really feel it's a good quality truck with competitive price point. N/A V8 gets decent gas mileage also. Last Titan year is 2024 on this current platform. Nissan will still keep the Frontier in midsize lineup beyond 2024
It's a shame they're decent trucks and a nice Nissan is actually a pretty nice car. Family had an 05 Armada for 12 years and it was always such a useful vehicle.

I think the problem was that their reputation didn't match their price tag. They seem to be perfectly good pickups, but you can't expect it to take off when no one wants to buy one at the same price as the big three.

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
I owned a couple Titans for 11 plus years. They are powerful and reliable, truly loved my trucks. Ironically it was a service manager at Nissan that confidentially told me not to buy the newer version since he saw them in the shop frequently. Since all the new full sized trucks don’t fit in my garage, I shopped midsized trucks and thus wound up with my Ranger. Titan is in the rear view mirror now. RIP.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
The price point is way too high for what you get. To get decent tow capacity ends up pretty expensive.. I only know I saw a 2 wheel drive F150 go up an icy driveway when the 4x4 Titan couldn’t make it plus rear differential over heating issues. Not for me..

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
The price point is way too high for what you get. To get decent tow capacity ends up pretty expensive.. I only know I saw a 2 wheel drive F150 go up an icy driveway when the 4x4 Titan couldn’t make it plus rear differential over heating issues. Not for me..
Ahh crap I was thinking about Tundra on tow capacity but still overheating of rear differential is still true…

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Miss my ’18 SV. Great truck!
That 5.6 is a stump puller

RangerRalph

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Kia Soul !
Occupation
I.T.
Worst sounding trucks with an exhaust .. hands down.

Including straight piped 4 cyl little trucks.

Not exactly relevant but.. thought I'd throw in my random opinion
That's because the bolt-on exhausts sound horrible. I had mine hand built by Kinneys muffler shop a shop in Texas 14hr drive and was worth every penny.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2004 titan crew cab years ago. It was a pretty good truck. I could pass everything but a gas station..

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
I'm sure the tens of people who bought them will be bummed. Kinda like the guy who knew a guy that met someone that heard about a person that bought the new Supra....lol

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
While Ive never been a big fan of the Titan I still hate to see them go. Competition is good for everyone and it keeps the other manufactures on their toes, it leaves one less now.
My thoughts exactly Dave. Competition keeps the Big 3 honest, and from resting on their laurels.

I noticed that oddly our local Nissan dealer recieved a truck load of new Frontiers, and those babies were gone within a few days. So, they are selling fast. However, I don't know much about Titan sales.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i dont see many titans in my area. most of the ones i do see are the diesel version. id drive one. but the cost for one just isnt worth it. I think the "toyota" reputation for quality may have something to do with it. I see a lot of the tundras. Good friend of mine had 3 tundras. loved the first one and got 200k out of it. so he bought a new one again in 2015. had two transmissions in under 100k then started leaking from the rear main. dealer made him a decent trade in deal on a 19 and he regrets buying it. its a nice ride, moon roof and such. honestly glad i dont need a full size im not sure i like any of the options at the moment.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Brother in law had a Titan, traded it for a Titan XD, and recently got out of that into a 3/4 ton Ram.

He really seemed to like both of his but needed more towing capability with each upgrade.
Sponsored