2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Debuts June 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
i can just see it now....at some off road jamboree....with all the big trucks and the machismo ooozing from the aftermarket add-ons....imagine the heckling and ridiculing you will get riding the trails in the toy version??
If it goes where they go... they'll shut up.

But I'm not going to off-road jamborees and I do not give a flying poop what anyone thinks.

It's disappointing, now knowing it's going to be AWD and not on a ladder frame, that it might not contend at the ol' jamboree, but AWD and unibody designs have come a long way. We'll see!

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
i can just see it now....at some off road jamboree....with all the big trucks and the machismo ooozing from the aftermarket add-ons....imagine the heckling and ridiculing you will get riding the trails in the toy version??
True - Until you walk up obstacles, then it gets suddenly quite.

I come from the Jeep world, and there is a LOT of bias towards anything not Just Empty Every Pocket. We have an OHV park, Gulches, that I liked to play around in on weekends. I've seen Subarus literally waltz smoothly and easily drive up obstacles that gave Jeeps issues. Heck, even the new Compass and Cherokee and Hyundai will make you stop laughing and stare as they get over things you would never believe if you didnt' see it. I used to be a solid axle, 35s, and nothing but torque guy, but times have changed, and i kinda like it. Not starting or taking this off topic, but pretty intrigued where this little vehicle is taking things.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
That’s because your first model year ranger isn’t a first model year at all. Since the T6 ranger was for sale in the global markets for almost a decade when we got it here a lot of the kinks have been worked out. The 2019+ ranger is more of a refresh then anything. Even the powertrain is recycled from vehicles that sold a lot of units so plenty of data available there. A lot of auto magazines and such knocked it for this but from an owners perspective it’s mostly a good thing. The ranger isn’t without it warts and most of the “problems” we are seeing appear to be more QC related. Overall our trucks are really mature and should reap the benefits of that in the long run.
Warts?! My Ranger don’t have no warts!!! :crackup: :turkey:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Possible Hybrid Maverick too?

Will Ford Launch a Hybrid Maverick Pickup?

It looks like Ford will launch a hybrid version of its upcoming Maverick.

We can only speculate until Ford releases all the information, but the internet sleuths at Maverick Chat, a Ford Maverick Forum, caught the all-important badge in one of the company’s teaser videos. As you can see at the top of the page, a badge appearing to say “hybrid” appears on the tailgate of the Maverick for a split second.

Considering Ford’s push for electrification, we won’t be surprised if we get confirmation on the Maverick’s hybrid status. We’re not yet sure exactly what powertrains Ford will use with the Maverick, but there’s no shortage of options in the Blue Oval portfolio.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-launch-hybrid-maverick-pickup-213300849.html

MrAnalog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
OK but what are the approach, departure and breakover angles? I can't find any specs.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I saw a tow package on one. Curious what an AWD hybrid will haul. This could be the step away from a sedan for some, but it's got to be an improvement over the Ridgeline with its clunky Honda interior. If the handling is good and the electronics top notch it has a niche. A tricked out bed might attract some urbanites.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
A tricked out bed might attract some urbanites.
Tricked out, how? I had a tow hitch on both my Mazda 3 and Outback to tow a little trailer for an ATV. I would assume the same for the Maverick, or maybe like a jetski or small boat. I think a little truck has a lot of appeal for urbanites. For me, if I'm going to have a truck it needs to have a 6' bed, and I don't need a 4 door, but do want extended or supercab.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I don't know, Ford may have hit a home run with the little truck. I recall not to far in the past that the little Toyota, and Nissan pick-ups were everywhere. Even today they are quite sought after. Case in point, I nearly doubled my money on a '92 Toyota pick last year. The guy that bought it offered my $500 over asking price to jump to the head of the line of the tire kickers. He said he had been looking for a good one for over a year. Also, being a truck wrapped around the Bronco Sport underpinnings it could possibly give those looking for a bit of easy off roading just what they need. Only time will tell, but I think it may tell a profit making story for Ford.

I really enjoyed this little truck. But, the Ranger kept calling my name. BTW, that's not my house in the background. I live in the "poor house" next door. :)

100_4799.JPG

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I saw a tow package on one. Curious what an AWD hybrid will haul. This could be the step away from a sedan for some, but it's got to be an improvement over the Ridgeline with its clunky Honda interior. If the handling is good and the electronics top notch it has a niche. A tricked out bed might attract some urbanites.
It will be the same hybrid system that was in the Fusion and Cmax. Won’t tow much.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
The Maverick would be the one to lower, IMO……and they should have based the Bronco off the Ranger platform.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I don't know... I'll have to see the Maverick in person and drive it but I might be interested. To be honest my FX4 Ranger is a bit more than I need from a truck. I don't go off-roading and we don't get a lot of heavy snow here. I do haul around things for working on my yard and doing stuff around my house which is mainly why I bought a truck. I guess you could group me in that mall hopping crowd if you want even though I have not been to a mall in years. :) .

If I feel the Maverick will fit my needs I will consider it. Plus my garage is small and my Ranger is a tight fight as it is. I refuse to park it outside. So maybe a smaller truck would be more practical for me. I'd miss having the Saber color though but maybe by 2022 they will have another color I'll like.

Last edited:

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
NGL…I’m gonna consider one. I love my Ranger, but would have gotten a Ranger-sized Ranger if they had them when I bought this one. Whole point was my F150 got too close to my Mustang in the garage. My Ranger isn’t much smaller. I use it for commuting in the snow, light trails, and Home Depot runs really

Deleted member 1634

The Maverick would be the one to lower, IMO……and they should have based the Bronco off the Ranger platform.
The Bronco is based off the Ranger platform, or vice versa depending on your perspective.
The Bronco Sport and Maverick (and Escape) are based on the same platform (different from the Ranger/Bronco platform).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.