2021 Ranger TREMOR Off-Road Package Revealed

Deleted member 1634

Just a attempt to keep this Ranger fresh while they drag there feet bringing out the gen 6 Ranger
Is that such a bad thing? Better they do that and keep the hype and excitement going than do nothing and let it die into the recesses again. Like they did with the last generation, and that didn't work out too well. In my industry (aviation), the reason the company I work for has the best selling GA airplane in the world is because we do updates and offer new things every year. The competition has essentially the same airplane they've been selling since the 70-80s. Sure, people still buy it, but not at the volume of ours.

Also, I'm not sure "dragging their feet" is a deserved statement. It takes a long time to design a new vehicle, even if it is just a generation change. Especially given how many other things Ford is trying to come out with at the moment. Most companies only design/redesign a couple vehicles a year. But Ford is basically redoing their whole lineup within a few years. I'm honestly surprised they had enough time and energy to do the Tremor package. Especially given it's only been 2 years since the North American G5 came out.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
No pics of the rear tow hooks?

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No pics of the rear tow hooks?
I found one, but trying to understand how they have mounted it. Almost looks like a bar across that would be in the way of the tow package, hence why it seems to not be available with the tow package. But that would really suck. Not quite sure why they would have designed it that way?

Looking at how the hitch is mounted, I don;t see too much reason why a couple of hooks couldn't just slide in along where the hitch is mounted using the same bolts and run them out the side. The hitch is solidly mounted to the frame at the sides. Will have to see more details as it comes out, but it is not looking promising at the moment to retrofit to a Ranger with the Towing Package...fingers crossed though! But might just have to try and custom build a tow hook bracket that slides in the trailer hitch frame mount.

Tremor Rear Tow Hook Pic (Note the bar that seems to run across between the frame rails that the hook is mounted to as well as the lack of 7 and 4 pin plugs next to the license plate and the fact that there is a 4 pin below the bumper):

Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_15.jpg

My Idea of How a Rear Tow Hook could be Added:

Ranger_Rear_TowHook_Idea_20200915_091300.jpg

Ranger_Rear_Towhook_Idea_20200915_091309.jpg

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I found one, but trying to understand how they have mounted it. Almost looks like a bar across that would be in the way of the tow package, hence why it seems to not be available with the tow package. But that would really suck. Not quite sure why they would have designed it that way?

Looking at how the hitch is mounted, I don;t see too much reason why a couple of hooks couldn't just slide in along where the hitch is mounted using the same bolts and run them out the side. The hitch is solidly mounted to the frame at the sides. Will have to see more details as it comes out, but it is not looking promising at the moment to retrofit to a Ranger with the Towing Package...fingers crossed though! But might just have to try and custom build a tow hook bracket that slides in the trailer hitch frame mount.

Tremor Rear Tow Hook Pic (Note the bar that seems to run across between the frame rails that the hook is mounted to as well as the lack of 7 and 4 pin plugs next to the license plate and the fact that there is a 4 pin below the bumper):

Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_15.jpg

My Idea of How a Rear Tow Hook could be Added:

Ranger_Rear_TowHook_Idea_20200915_091300.jpg

Ranger_Rear_Towhook_Idea_20200915_091309.jpg
Looks like the Tremor tow hooks are welded to a bar that is essentially a tow-bar without the 2in receiver. Agreed, it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't just add hoops to the bar on the existing tow package, but likely something to do with plant complexity and/or crash/safety regs ?

If I had to pic between the two tho, would definitely pic the factory tow package - you can add a recovery point to the hitch if you really need it, so would be more useful to me.

hemiblas

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang, wrangler jl, wrangler jlu, Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
They say there is .8" more clearance. The tires are 265/70/17 vs 265/65/17.....That gives about .5" more clearance. So does this mean the lift is actually .3" and the tires give you the extra .5?

I added some 1" wheel spacers on my Ranger and I'm planning on 265s the next time I need new tires so I'm halfway there...

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
They say there is .8" more clearance. The tires are 265/70/17 vs 265/65/17.....That gives about .5" more clearance. So does this mean the lift is actually .3" and the tires give you the extra .5?

I added some 1" wheel spacers on my Ranger and I'm planning on 265s the next time I need new tires so I'm halfway there...
There's no extra lift, that would just come from the upgraded shocks/springs.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
The graphics would keep me away from it
Thankfully the graphics are an option. They look too much like a 70's Toyota p/u to me. Way too busy.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Only on Crew Cab? What about us who need the SuperCab... or dare i go with regular cab? kind of jerk off move. I'd be all over this package on my next ranger but not getting lame 4 door with no bed just for the package. I need room to move stuff not small adults or kids

Comadivine11

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Mailman
For roughly the same price, has anybody compared this to the Ford Performance Level 2 kit? I'd be interested to see which one ends up being the better deal. Also, if I understand correctly, the Ford Performance (Level I, II, III) can be added to any 2019+ Ranger at a dealership whereas the Tremor package can only be done from the factory, which means you'd have to buy the 2021 MY.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Because there's no real need for the tow hooks if you already have the tow package.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I just want the grill. I mentioned in the "Blasphemy" thread that I wouldn't put a Raptor grill on a Ranger. But this I would do. Because "Tremor" isn't really a well known name to live up to so it really just comes down to the look of the grill.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
For roughly the same price, has anybody compared this to the Ford Performance Level 2 kit? I'd be interested to see which one ends up being the better deal. Also, if I understand correctly, the Ford Performance (Level I, II, III) can be added to any 2019+ Ranger at a dealership whereas the Tremor package can only be done from the factory, which means you'd have to buy the 2021 MY.
That is my understanding as well. I have been wondering what the differences would be between, say, a 2021 Lariat Tremor and a 2021 Lariat Sport Trim and the FP Level I or II. The Tremor seems to have less leveling but better suspension all around, given the reinforced leafs in the rear, etc. Would love to hear more from those in the know about the differences in the Tremor suspension and these packages....

Methos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger XLT
Am I correct in assuming that since it has Fox 2.0, that while it won't come with a major lift from the factory, you could easily adjust it?

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Because there's no real need for the tow hooks if you already have the tow package.
I would partially disagree, at least in my opinion that from my off roading experiences, I have found uses for dedicated tow hooks as well, not just using the trailer hitch with a shackle mount. However, for most case, yes, a hitch with a shackle mount is sufficient, but would be nice to have some true, dedicated tow hooks on the frame as well. But as I said, just my opinion, and in most cases, a shackle mount in the hitch is probably enough. Just nice to have the option as well with hooks in different places as you never know how ya might need to pull or use them and you get some nice options as to angles for pulls. Sometimes those options can make a good difference! But to each their own when it comes to that! Plus, I will admit, I also like the look of them on the truck!
Sponsored