First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Ordered May 18th (Lariat Tremor with tow and spray in liner). Was told at that time 15-23 weeks ETA.

Dealer contacted me on May 21st to say Ford confirmed order received. He said that Ford was so far behind on orders that sometimes even that step takes weeks.

6/8 dealer confirmed they would apply the $1000 incentive for ordering an out of stock vehicle

6/17 still no scheduled build date.

7/9 Dealer called to tell me my truck has been scheduled for build date of 8/11.
I wish they could get their story straight, I was told 12 to 16 weeks in mid April. My dealer didn't offer or bring up the $1000 incentive until June 29 when I raised a stink about still being in the dark. Yesterday I learned my build week would be Aug 9.

It just seems odd how there is a month difference between ordering yet both of our trucks are being built in the same week.

Thanks for sharing your details
Sponsored

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they could get their story straight, I was told 12 to 16 weeks in mid April. My dealer didn't offer or bring up the $1000 incentive until June 29 when I raised a stink about still being in the dark. Yesterday I learned my build week would be Aug 9.

It just seems odd how there is a month difference between ordering yet both of our trucks are being built in the same week.

Thanks for sharing your details
To be fair, I didn't see the ordering incentive until June; Ford made it retroactive to April but when I called my dealer, he hadn't heard of it and had to call Ford to get the details. I think the internet beat Ford's internal communication.

Regarding order times, I had been watching the estimated build times increasing and inventory decreasing, which is why I ordered in May instead of buying off a lot in the fall like I had planned. It's possible in April Ford was still more optimistic about build times; they closed the plant twice since then.

There's also the issue of Bronco sharing the production lines. I'm sure my date will change with the push to get Broncos out the door.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
And Ford can't tell you why you haven't gotten a VIN or a build week yet? You should have gotten that at least 2 months ago I'd expect.

Something seems terribly wrong with that.....
The only thing the rep told me was a schedule code of 10 "which is a good thing".....I have no idea what the code means do you? She went on to also say she had zero info on her computer for me other than that and to call back on a week-to-week basis for updates....the order was 100% placed, and they are getting more and more semi conductors on hand every week.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
To be fair, I didn't see the ordering incentive until June; Ford made it retroactive to April but when I called my dealer, he hadn't heard of it and had to call Ford to get the details. I think the internet beat Ford's internal communication.
the dealer needs to fill out special paperwork to prove your order is linked to a signed deal in order to qualify for the $1000 special order rebate. That paperwork delayed my order time by 7 days. I don't expect that paperwork's was that hard to fill out, but they needed me to sign a buyers agreement showing price to submit to ford. (this agreement will change to reflect rebates available at time of delivery)

Personally I already gave them my trade-in as I can live without it for a couple months (I own to many vehicles anyway).
My choice was $17,200 now, or what ever the value of trade is when your truck comes in so I picked NOW because used cars are still worth gold. My Ranger is Xplan so its locked into about the best price I could do in the current sellers market. only thing I can hope for is every additonal rebates they might offer at delivered. (like when they install all these chips in the F150's and the market is saturated with trucks in mid September :) )

HDEO

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor, M240i
Occupation
Formulator
This is my experience of the ordering process combined with dates. Wanted to post this so people could get a feel for what it has been like ordering during the chip shortage of 2021. Background, I have a little more inside knowledge than most as I work at the ford dealer that I ordered with. I ordered a 21 Ranger Tremor in Cactus Gray with added factory bed liner and tow package.

April 27, 2021 - went into sales manager's office, sat down and built my ranger out on the order sheet with him. Order was sent in and I got a printout of my build sheet with pricing (D-plan)

April 29, 2021 - got confirmation of my order through ford and got my VIN. Was scheduled for week of June 14th as of this day.

May 2021 - Ranger plant was shut down for 2 weeks during this month. Unfortunately even from the dealer side I was unable to see any updates on the sales locater about if my build date pushed back at all.

May 31, 2021 - ranger plant opened back up and confirmed that my build date was pushed back 2 additional weeks, assuming everything got pushed back due to the closure, so this was expected. New build date was week of June 28th.

June 14, 2021 - My build week updated to build day of June 2! YAY!!! I was excited to get a build date and be able to see on the customer order tracking that progress towards it was being made. I also got a window sticker at this time in our dealer OASIS page and could finally pull my truck up in the workshop manual. I will say I was slightly worried about it being built on a Friday before a holiday weekend, especially as that particular day I had 2 brand new trucks (both less than 30 miles on odometer) which had electrical issues due to improper assembly at the factory causing wires to become crushed and shorting various circuits. These were on f150's so totally different plant, but still concerning.

July 5, 2021 - Got notice on dealer site that my truck was built, at this point I believe it was just awaiting the spray in Bed liner. The customer order tracking site said still in progress so I assume they had finishing touches to put on it.

July 9, 2021 - Dealer website changed status to shipped! Got an estimated ETA from the customer order tracking site of delivery to my dealer from July 28-August 3. This is slightly problematic as I am going on a trip the 29th and would not return until the 3rd and would love to be able to drive this truck on the trip. I was informed by my sales manager that we could send someone to grab the car from the depot assuming it shows up prior to then.

July 12, 2021 - A sales associate who was previously a technician I worked with hooked me up with the rail car # and shipping info and I spent a good portion of my morning at work calling into the automated system attempting to read my railcar number to the locator with the automated voice detection software constantly mistaking my "C" for a "B" and "T" for an "E". Found last update was in Wallbridge Ohio Saturday morning, so it has left the manufacturing plant and is on its way to Houston!

My next update will be flooding the forums with pictures of my new truck and I am happy to have the waiting game done. All in all a little over 3 months from order to delivery assuming all dates hold, my first ordered vehicle ever and I cannot wait to get outside with the thing. Good luck to all of y'all ordering and may the manufacturing gods be on your side!
Well done! Here’s what a dealer near me is charging for a similar truck. Crazy prices!

https://www.folsomlakeford.com/all-inventory/index.htm?search=Ranger

1626310812096.png

OP
OP

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
Well done! Here’s what a dealer near me is charging for a similar truck. Crazy prices!

https://www.folsomlakeford.com/all-inventory/index.htm?search=Ranger

1626310812096.png
D Plan is about 10k less than that, before any incentives. there was about 1500-200 worth of incentives that I qualified for in April, will see what they are at time of financing and go with whatever is better. Plus I have a 2020 Ford Fusion to trade in.

Edit: Used to live over near there and have some buddies who work in the service department at Folsom Lake Ford. I worked up at future ford in the Roseville auto mall when I lived back in Sac town. Small world!!

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
My Ranger is Xplan so its locked into about the best price I could do in the current sellers market.
I am getting my Ranger with X-Plan too. I am hoping I can collect on two incentives - the $1000 delayed delivery or whatever they calling it plus a $1000 first responder rebate. I'll cross that bridge in a month or two.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
:) it turns out that is a canned pictures as they have the exact same truck sitting in front that same train car "due any day" at a dealer in central FL.

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
I just reconfirmed the build date with my dealer. We are still on track for an Aug 9 build week with an estimated delivery the last week of Aug or the first week of Sept.

Ranger Tremor

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
This is my experience of the ordering process combined with dates. Wanted to post this so people could get a feel for what it has been like ordering during the chip shortage of 2021. Background, I have a little more inside knowledge than most as I work at the ford dealer that I ordered with. I ordered a 21 Ranger Tremor in Cactus Gray with added factory bed liner and tow package.

April 27, 2021 - went into sales manager's office, sat down and built my ranger out on the order sheet with him. Order was sent in and I got a printout of my build sheet with pricing (D-plan)

April 29, 2021 - got confirmation of my order through ford and got my VIN. Was scheduled for week of June 14th as of this day.

May 2021 - Ranger plant was shut down for 2 weeks during this month. Unfortunately even from the dealer side I was unable to see any updates on the sales locater about if my build date pushed back at all.

May 31, 2021 - ranger plant opened back up and confirmed that my build date was pushed back 2 additional weeks, assuming everything got pushed back due to the closure, so this was expected. New build date was week of June 28th.

June 14, 2021 - My build week updated to build day of June 2! YAY!!! I was excited to get a build date and be able to see on the customer order tracking that progress towards it was being made. I also got a window sticker at this time in our dealer OASIS page and could finally pull my truck up in the workshop manual. I will say I was slightly worried about it being built on a Friday before a holiday weekend, especially as that particular day I had 2 brand new trucks (both less than 30 miles on odometer) which had electrical issues due to improper assembly at the factory causing wires to become crushed and shorting various circuits. These were on f150's so totally different plant, but still concerning.

July 5, 2021 - Got notice on dealer site that my truck was built, at this point I believe it was just awaiting the spray in Bed liner. The customer order tracking site said still in progress so I assume they had finishing touches to put on it.

July 9, 2021 - Dealer website changed status to shipped! Got an estimated ETA from the customer order tracking site of delivery to my dealer from July 28-August 3. This is slightly problematic as I am going on a trip the 29th and would not return until the 3rd and would love to be able to drive this truck on the trip. I was informed by my sales manager that we could send someone to grab the car from the depot assuming it shows up prior to then.

July 12, 2021 - A sales associate who was previously a technician I worked with hooked me up with the rail car # and shipping info and I spent a good portion of my morning at work calling into the automated system attempting to read my railcar number to the locator with the automated voice detection software constantly mistaking my "C" for a "B" and "T" for an "E". Found last update was in Wallbridge Ohio Saturday morning, so it has left the manufacturing plant and is on its way to Houston!

My next update will be flooding the forums with pictures of my new truck and I am happy to have the waiting game done. All in all a little over 3 months from order to delivery assuming all dates hold, my first ordered vehicle ever and I cannot wait to get outside with the thing. Good luck to all of y'all ordering and may the manufacturing gods be on your side!
I ordered mine on April 6th 2021. Still waiting on delivery. I ordered a Tremor as well. The quality control guy said it was complete and ready to be sent out on the 17th of July. But the dealer told me it was ready to ship this Monday, the 26th. I ordered through Military Auto Source. It's been horrible as far as communication. I thought I would have it by now.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
How often does the Ford vehicle tracker update?
Sponsored