My ordering experience - Delay in getting VIN

FrogDarner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
My new Ranger is almost here. Thought I might share my ordering experience in case anyone else is wondering where their VIN is.

I "ordered" late March, was told by my salesperson that the order was in and I should get a VIN within a week or two. I contacted her several times over the next month, and always, sorry not yet, it should be soon. Finally called her on April 28th. She said she'll go check with the ordering people and call me back. Called back and said still waiting on a VIN but she emailed me a picture of a receipt looking printout of all my options and said, ooops, she forgot to send me this when I ordered, and I needed to sign it and send it back to her approving all my options. I noticed the slip said "Order date, April 28th", that day, the day I finally called her to see what was going on! She assured me it was ordered earlier but it was clear it had not been, and like magic I got a VIN in about a week.

Can't speak for everyone, but if your VIN is delayed, it might be your dealer. Question is, were they incompetent, lazy, or is there another reason why a dealer would sit on an order for a month?
Sponsored

OP
OP

FrogDarner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Almost certain that was incompetent.

Call the manager and be nice, score some free floor mats or something for the inconvenience.

Good idea, I might just try that!
Sponsored