RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say not very often. Mine hasn't changed in over a month.
It is certainly irregular, but it can update at any time. I remember when I was watching mine closely, it seemed like late in the evening things would change - but I also some some changes during the day - so who really knows. If you are just waiting for your truck to get built, there will be no changes. It isn't until it goes into production when things will change somewhat quickly - from in production, to produced, to shipped and finally to the dealer.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I ordered my Lariat Tremor with tow pkg and spray-in liner on May 5.
Had the VIN mid-June.
Expected built date was July 7. The plant was shut down that week. Updated blend date of July 15. I expected this would mean I would not receive the truck until mid-August (shipping from Michigan to Northern Alberta).
Truck arrived at the dealership on July 30.
I was shocked it was there that early. I had not even requested my A-Plan PIN yet. Happy that the 3-5 business day process only took an hour.

Worth the wait.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
Looks like I'll have to keep calling to get updates then.
Hey guys, my waiting has come to an end. Got the keys today!

I don't want to see too much bragging because I still ordered 3 weeks before you and have nothing to show for it.

Jboard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
When did the website say your build date? Mine is still not even showing a build date, ordered about 3months ago

OP
OP

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
Looks like I'll have to keep calling to get updates then.

I don't want to see too much bragging because I still ordered 3 weeks before you and have nothing to show for it.
I would double check with your dealer. If you have no info after ordering with them that makes me believe the dealer did not order it for you.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
When did the website say your build date? Mine is still not even showing a build date, ordered about 3months ago
My dealer called me and told me my build date (9/1/2021). Knowing this information beforehand, I called Ford and tried to inquire about more details and they couldn't even tell me a build date or ANY other information......so, dealership communication is apparently is the way to go. The dealer also mentioned that he wants my '02 Ranger as a trade-in and told me not to sell it private party just yet until we work out a deal.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
the ford phone people can see this info, but they are a 3rd party and were told to not provide this data so you will bother the dealer.
About 25% of the time I hit someone who is willing to offer me the info.
first Rep that answered today denied everything so I called right back
2nd rep was also telling me they can't see anything and I told him "BS, the last last call 2 weeks ago I was told 8/21 build date"
they would not tell me a date but he said "its moved to one day earlier"

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
today (8/10) my window sticker is now on line.
Ford tracking shows its moved to production.
My window sticker shows my Blend No with 2021 08 16. I think that is when it Starts assembly?
my sticker also shows sequence 265/1292 which I think means mine starts 265 out of 1292 trucks. Assuming 2 shifts = 16 hours with 1292 trucks divided by 16 = about 80 vehicles per hour, so 265 should hit the line just before lunch.
so from what I have read, it will get to paint on first day, (white), than sit for 2 days to cure, then final assembly and finish late Wed or early Thur.

anyway, I am starting to believe I really am getting a new truck :)

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
so from what I have read, it will get to paint on first day, (white), than sit for 2 days to cure, then final assembly and finish late Wed or early Thur.

anyway, I am starting to believe I really am getting a new truck :)

My understanding was they have a steady stream of bodies that go to paint days or weeks ahead of time. Those bodies will sit in a carousel until needed for a specific build spec sheet. I am not sure bodies are painted for each order. Have I been misled?

My build date is Thursday and it is 111/225. If your timelines are right, the build won't be finished until Monday afternoon. This would make a mid-Sept delivery more likely.

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Mine went into production on the tracker today!!!! I had an Aug 16 build date, last time the dealer gave me an update. No window sticker yet.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
really. did you try https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=
and enter your VIN after the =sign with no space?
I had a August 21 build date and my sticker came out this morning.
once you see the sticker, top center there is numbers with blend written under them.
skip the first number and you will see a date. I think that might be the date your truck "blends" into the assembly line. also over on RS you will see xxx/xxxx and I think that is what number your truck will be that day.

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
really. did you try https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=
and enter your VIN after the =sign with no space?
I had a August 21 build date and my sticker came out this morning.
once you see the sticker, top center there is numbers with blend written under them.
skip the first number and you will see a date. I think that might be the date your truck "blends" into the assembly line. also over on RS you will see xxx/xxxx and I think that is what number your truck will be that day.
Got it just now! I tried at lunch but it wasn't there. My blend is 8/18! Sequence is 2/829.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
Got it just now! I tried at lunch but it wasn't there. My blend is 8/18! Sequence is 2/829.
My window sticker hasn't generated yet, I'll keep checking back. I'm getting antsy, can't wait to take my FX4 up to the snow this winter in Lake Tahoe.
Sponsored