rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
fuzzymoomoo from the Blue Oval Forums
It's the first model year. Word is there's cool stuff being added for 2020.

At first I was disappointed too but once I saw the scope of the retooling project here at the plant I understood why the first model year seems a little lacking on options.
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Damn it! Wish we knew what/if anything cool is being added.
I have one on order. I chose everything i wanted. There wasnt an option that I wanted and couldn't get.

Can't image Ford adding anything that is a must have for me.

Ok, MAYBE a heated steering wheel. But not a must have.

I bet tailgate damper is added, but that is a worthless gadget IMO. And maybe a sun roof, but I wouldn't add one on my truck.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I have one on order. I chose everything i wanted. There wasnt an option that I wanted and couldn't get.

Can't image Ford adding anything that is a must have for me.

Ok, MAYBE a heated steering wheel. But not a must have.

I bet tailgate damper is added, but that is a worthless gadget IMO. And maybe a sun roof, but I wouldn't add one on my truck.
Me too - all I wanted that I couldn't get wasn't because it wasn't available...I would have liked the B/O audio but I did not want a CrewCab so couldn't get it. More HP is about all that would interest me. My delivery date just moved up a week - still in order processing however - I'd ask me salesman about it but through this Forum I almost always know more about almost everything than he does :)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Worst case is they'd be like toyota and make you take the sunroof in the high trim models even if you don't want it.
We had a sunroof on our Explorer and never used it. I had one on my Honda and never used it. We have the "panoramic roof" (or whatever they call it - basically a glass roof) on our C-Max and keep the cover closed (otherwise it gets too hot). For me, they sound neat and cool, but I just never use them. To me, they are kind of a waste of money. If I didn't have A/C, they would be useful - I have one on my Capri, and use it all the time - it helps vent the hot air out of the cabin.

I'd prefer they focus on other more useful features and improving mileage.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
r
We had a sunroof on our Explorer and never used it. I had one on my Honda and never used it. We have the "panoramic roof" (or whatever they call it - basically a glass roof) on our C-Max and keep the cover closed (otherwise it gets too hot). For me, they sound neat and cool, but I just never use them. To me, they are kind of a waste of money. If I didn't have A/C, they would be useful - I have one on my Capri, and use it all the time - it helps vent the hot air out of the cabin
I hate them because 1) they reduce headroom 2) they are a potential source of expensive repairs 3) if the cover isn't closed I get an uncomfortable glare at the top of my vision. I suppose for a short person #1 & #3 aren't an issue, but #2 really sucks if you didn't want the stupid sunroof in the first place. In this neck of the woods there's only a week in the spring and a week in the fall where it's really comfortable without A/C, the rest of the time there's either too much pollen or too much humidity to enjoy the windows being open.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I like about the sunroof is the moonroof glass effect. Adds light and makes the interior seem bigger but I don't miss one.
However, only a nice feature about half the year because the sun is too strong and causes extra heat.
I never opened a sunroof or even windows. I set the climate control at 71-72 and leave it. I don't like the noise from open windows and sunroof.
I enjoy quiet and listening to the sound system.

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
What are the chances of me taking delivery on a MY2020 before January 1st if I order the first week the order banks open?

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What are the chances of me taking delivery on a MY2020 before January 1st if I order the first week the order banks open?
Very unlikely since production starts in November, but orders don't ship until Ok to Buy has been achieved.

Cshep102

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Fx4, 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Alright, It's 8/12, but I'm not seeing an order guide up anywhere. Anyone have any leads?

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Alright, It's 8/12, but I'm not seeing an order guide up anywhere. Anyone have any leads?
All quiet here in SoCal.
I have a salesman here as anxious as we are. So far he has heard nothing yet as of 1pm SoCal time

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All quiet here in SoCal.
I have a salesman here as anxious as we are. So far he has heard nothing yet as of 1pm SoCal time
You should be able to order now and change it later. It can be changed up until a VIN is assigned.
Sponsored