Ranger Production Status?

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I seriously hope that is my Cactus Gray Lariat tremor in the background that I ordered on April 8th. Order status tool says "in production" and those pictures were taken on Monday of this week I believe. I saw the article on Jalopnik as well. It certainly is the same color and trim I ordered. I'm patiently waiting......lol......not. I'm so excited for my new truck.
That would be pretty cool if it were your truck
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
This is what's baffling about all of this. You have BILLION dollar companies canceling these chip orders instead of stocking up on them. It's not like they're taking up large amounts of space like tires or floorpans. It's not like they were never going to make vehicles again and yes it was unknown at the time how long this slowdown would last but it makes you wonder who's calling the shots on this? Plus who knows with everything on hold like it was they possible could've got a better deal buying them up in large volume at the time.

Just wait until the 3rd quarter numbers hit and watch the markets tank as every single manufacturer will have huge losses now. I doubt we will see any good incentives for a very long time as they're going to try and make up for this mess any way they can. OTOH if people shy away from buying they'll be forced to put out incentives to more inventory but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

On a more positive note at least there's several companies now building huge chip manufacturing plants here in AZ. A little to late as they will take a couple years to be up in running but hopefully they learned their lesson from this and start producing more stuff here in the US! :flag:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/23/int...-to-build-two-new-chip-plants-in-arizona.html

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michae...billion-microchip-plant-arizona-1600-new-jobs

I watched the company I worked for make the same type of decisions trying to save a dime. Each department had their own budget, but the problem was they made decisions not taking into considerations what that decision did to the other departments within the same building. Ex. to save a dime the materials dept. would find a supplier that could make the paper blanks (for labels) that could do it cheaper. They never considered that the material the supplier would use would absorb more moisture, and curl at the edges. Those little curls would cause the machinery in the production dept. to jam, because of the tolerances of the little rollers, and pushers that had to move the label through the machines. This causes downtime on the machines which turned into lose of money for the company. Of course this pissed off the machine operators. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to get the supposedly smart people at the top to understand this, because to them I was really a nobody. I guess some things never change.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously hope that is my Cactus Gray Lariat tremor in the background that I ordered on April 8th. Order status tool says "in production" and those pictures were taken on Monday of this week I believe. I saw the article on Jalopnik as well. It certainly is the same color and trim I ordered. I'm patiently waiting......lol......not. I'm so excited for my new truck.
Hahaha, I thought the same thing when I saw a Race Red Ranger in the background of one of the Bronco videos. Probably wishful thinking!

OP
OP
greypilgrim76

greypilgrim76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Soul +, 2011 Subaru Outback
Occupation
English Professor
UPDATE: Got my VIN this morning, and my Ranger’s scheduled to be built the week of August 16th. So, about four months from order to production, and then a bit more to wait for delivery. Good thing I’m not in a hurry, but regardless, I’m excited that it’s creeping closer!

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Got my VIN this morning, and my Ranger’s scheduled to be built the week of August 16th. So, about four months from order to production, and then a bit more to wait for delivery. Good thing I’m not in a hurry, but regardless, I’m excited that it’s creeping closer!
That is great! I placed an order for a load Lariat back in late March or early April and haven't heard so much as a peep. You'd think there would be an immediate email message with an order number and maybe a VIN just as soon as the order was received. Instead, one is left to flounder with no information. There has to be a better way.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
UPDATE: Got my VIN this morning, and my Ranger’s scheduled to be built the week of August 16th. So, about four months from order to production, and then a bit more to wait for delivery. Good thing I’m not in a hurry, but regardless, I’m excited that it’s creeping closer!
Hate to say this, but I got my VPN today also. 1 week after the dealer put the order in. But I don't see an dates associated with it mine yet. hopefully soon I will see dates.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
That is great! I placed an order for a load Lariat back in late March or early April and haven't heard so much as a peep. You'd think there would be an immediate email message with an order number and maybe a VIN just as soon as the order was received. Instead, one is left to flounder with no information. There has to be a better way.
There is. your dealer will have an order number and a salescode. with this data call 800-334-4375. They will ask you a bunch of questions about yourself than you can ask for a VIN.
Once you have the VIN, you can track with order number and VIN at this URL.
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status
I even put my VIN into my ford.com site, but not much shows up (it did show I have no recalls :) ). maybe I can turn on tracking once they ship it :) Probably not, I know Ram did not let you do that.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
The important part I think is that your price was locked in. The way things are going, I would have been afraid they would have tried to find a way to cancel your order so they could sell that truck for current market value.

OP
OP
greypilgrim76

greypilgrim76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
English Professor
The important part I think is that your price was locked in. The way things are going, I would have been afraid they would have tried to find a way to cancel your order so they could sell that truck for current market value.
Definitely. It's funny--when I ordered the truck, I felt like I was getting a good but not great deal at 10% off MSRP. My, how things have changed!

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
I talked to my dealer yesterday and he told me my truck has been built and is on its way. He predicted an arrival date of somewhere between June 30 and July 6. I ordered the truck on Feb 20.
It's a pretty basic model but with 4WD, locking diff, towing pkg and sliding rear window. Oh yeah, and I sprung for premium seats (it's been so long since I ordered, I may have forgotten other details). Total price w/o tax and title is about $31.5k.

Guardstang

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Auto Parts Store
Thats not too crazy considering the parts shortages, I ordered a 15 Mustang in Feb of 15 and it arrived end of April- like the Bronco now a new hot car everyone wanted.

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
Hi All,

As some of you may recall, I ordered my 2021 XLT in April, and the dealership said their next order allotment would come in late May. I checked in with my (very nice) salesperson last week, and she said the order's still not showing up as being in Ford's system, so no VIN yet. I'm not in a huge hurry, since I locked my price in and don't need the truck for anything particular at the moment, so I'm happy to wait.

That said, my salesperson said she really had no idea how long I'd have to wait, given the current chip shortage and the Ranger plant shutdown in May. So, I've got a couple of questions for anyone in the know:

1. Is the Ranger plant still shut down, or did it reopen as planned after the announced two-week timeframe? (Not a lot of current news online about this, at least that I can find.)

2. Has anyone found any recent updates on the chip shortage?

3. Is anyone else in the same position I am, having ordered in the spring and no real news since?

At this point, I'm genuinely curious whether I'll end up getting a 2021 or a 2022! :)

Thanks!

-Chris

FWIW, I work at a ford dealer, ordered a lariat tremor on April 27, on April 29 I had my vin and it was scheduled for week of June 14. After the plant closed down and reopened in May, I had the sales manager recheck the build date and It got pushed back to week of June 28. Now when looking on the ford side it says build date scheduled for July 2.

I also ordered a factory bed liner which I am told adds about 2 weeks, then It has to get trucked down to Texas.

One thing that did give me hope was we actually got 4 new rangers in today from Ford for stock units, all of them were built June 3/4 and delivered in less than a month. Hoping that maybe I might be able to see mine by mid August assuming a 2 week delay due to factory bed liner.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
How are we all feeling about this mornings news about more plant closures in July and August. Any have any inside info? I'm going to check in with my dealer after the holidays as they did not respond to my inquiry on Monday.

OP
OP
greypilgrim76

greypilgrim76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
English Professor
How are we all feeling about this mornings news about more plant closures in July and August. Any have any inside info? I'm going to check in with my dealer after the holidays as they did not respond to my inquiry on Monday.
I’m legit curious whether my build date was set with these closings in mind or not. The story I read says the Ranger/Bronco facility shutdown coming in July is due to an “unrelated parts shortage,” whatever that portends. I guess I’ll get my truck when I get it!
Sponsored