First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There's a member on the B6G forum who has a lot of inside info and post it on there. The July shutdown is to let vendors catch up with parts from the shortages.

This is from 6/23

Just in- MAP will be down the week of 7/5 to allow commodity supplies to catch back up.

One week closure, production resumes 7/12 with full speed production still on track for 8/2.

EDIT 2: The 2nd week of shutdown - 7/26 - is now confirmed as well.

This is likely seen as a less disruptive way to maintain supply chain balance instead of making later blend adjustments due to dwindling commodity supply.
This is from yesterday 6/29

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.
Sponsored

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
that sucks. maybe its an "unrelated" shortage of bronco parts and they are forced to produce rangers.

So I called ford to see if they have any additional information over what I can see on https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

Yes they do. I have a scheduled build date of Aug 16th :).

she said I was one of the lucky ones as my build date is earlier than others she is seeing. (but we don't know if those others were rangers).

Last edited:

Ranger Tremor

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
How are we all feeling about this mornings news about more plant closures in July and August. Any have any inside info? I'm going to check in with my dealer after the holidays as they did not respond to my inquiry on Monday.
Got off the phone with one of the leaders up at the plant in Michigan. Mine is built and ready to go minus the chip. But the guy also said that during the shut down they have people putting chips in the trucks waiting for them.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
If I wanted to get ahold of someone at Ford what number should I call ? All I have is my order number right now.
1800-334-4375, #1 for english, and wait until someone answers. you will need sales code and order number. (I think sales code is your dealers unique ID)

And I found out the order number may not be unique. There is 2 people with the same name with trucks on order from my dealer and both are the same order number! I orded a ranger and the other guy ordered an F150 1 month before I did.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
1800-334-4375, #1 for english, and wait until someone answers. you will need sales code and order number. (I think sales code is your dealers unique ID)
Got my sales code today from the dealer, everyone is out on vacation right now. Still no VIN for me. Called the above 800 number but of course i'm outside of business hours so I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully be able to track down some more info about my dang truck.

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
To echo what I've posted in another similar thread I ordered my Ranger on April 5th with an estimate of 20 weeks until delivery. To this day I have no update from the dealer other than its still in "scheduling", still no VIN just an order number. For me, the Ranger that I ordered is just a dream at this point.....
Couldn't have said it better myself. I am waiting to see the arrival of my ranger the week of August 12th.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
Ford Rep who I talked to this morning says my truck is still in scheduling with a schedule code of 10 which is a good thing, but she showed no VIN or progress of any type. I asked if the order was actually placed and she confirmed it as in the system as of April 5th, but also mentioned there are plenty of people "still waiting in line" far ahead of me and that this is fairly typical timing. She said keep calling back every week and they will keep checking for updates......
Sponsored