Threads
Reaction score
2019 Ford Ranger Ordering/Production Timeline:
  • August 13, 2018 - 2019 Ranger Order Banks Open
  • September 13, 2018 - 2019 Ranger Scheduling Begins
  • November 26, 2018 - 2019 Ranger Job #1 Date
  • August 2, 2019 - 2019 Ranger Final Fleet Order Due Date
  • August 29, 2019 - 2019 Ranger Final Order Date
  • November 15, 2019 - 2019 Ranger Balance Out Date (The end of model year date for a specific vehicle line or plant)
Sponsored

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Perfect I was looking for this info. So if production starts 11/26 when can we expect them to land at dealers? And where will the Rangers be built?

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Perfect I was looking for this info. So if production starts 11/26 when can we expect them to land at dealers? And where will the Rangers be built?

They will be built at the Michigan assembly plan in Wayne Mi, and expected eta for deliveries is February/March of 2019

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Will the Ranger Raptors be built there too?
So far Ford hasn't said anything about the North American spec ranger raptor...but I would assume if/when it arrives it would be built there as well. You can check out the ranger raptor section of Ranger5g for the latest info on the ranger raptor

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
They will be built at the Michigan assembly plan in Wayne Mi, and expected eta for deliveries is February/March of 2019
Thanks. Why will it take 3 months after production starts for the first ones to arrive at dealers? Aren't these built in like a day?

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thanks. Why will it take 3 months after production starts for the first ones to arrive at dealers? Aren't these built in like a day?
I would assume so and I'm not sure what the 3 month wait is for.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
The wait is because it's a new model and they build stock units first. Quality control is done with adjustments being made on the line until they are happy with everything. Then the QC hold is lifted and you will start seeing them hit the lots.
This is by no means exactly how it happens, I'm just speaking in generalities.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The key here is OKTB (Ok to buy), which is 5 days production without any errors. This could take 4 to 6 weeks to achieve. At least that is how I understand it. I would not expect my truck before March.

Post #104 on link below gives a lot of info on what to expect on your order.

https://www.blueovalforums.com/foru...425-2019-ranger-production-information/page-6

When your truck is scheduled for production and you have received a Vin# you can use this ford site to track your truck from production to delivery.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Last edited:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Today Ford auto workers return to the Wayne Michigan plant to test drive the Ranger that they will be building. Workers in body, stamping and paint returned earlier this month.

And on Monday October 29th 2018 final assembly workers will return to the factory.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2018/10/22/uaw-ford-ranger-truck-michigan/1698341002/

Direct quote from the article: “The first 2019 Rangers available to the public should roll off the line in a week or so.“

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
Today Ford auto workers return to the Wayne Michigan plant to test drive the Ranger that they will be building. Workers in body, stamping and paint returned earlier this month.

And on Monday October 29th 2018 final assembly workers will return to the factory.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2018/10/22/uaw-ford-ranger-truck-michigan/1698341002/

Direct quote from the article: “The first 2019 Rangers available to the public should roll off the line in a week or so.“

Awesome! Can't wait to get a build date on my truck. :clap:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm confused...Job1 is not till after Thanksgiving. So did they start early?:eek:

Training maybe?

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
So I'm confused...Job1 is not till after Thanksgiving. So did they start early?:eek:

Training maybe?
Probably, so far job 1# is still after thanksgiving.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
As noted in an earlier post, I changed my order Tuesday from XLT CrewCab 4x4 to a Lariat CrewCab 4x4 with essentially the same equipment and a price increase right at $3000. I am dealing directly with the president of the dealership, so he is pretty knowledgeable. We discussed when customer production might actually start and today I got a call from him. He had done some checking and basically said the same as kep about the Okay To Buy not being achieved until January. So not likely to see customer orders until late January at earliest, and probably later than that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.