keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Bump for relate problem.
Few weeks ago I cycled through to see the TPS because the right rear looked a bit low, sure enough it lost 10psi. (No warning)
So I took the wheel off to inspect and there’s a 1/2 inch long tear near the center of tread. I dug around in it and could feel something possibly a metal fiber, the steel belt? Never could get a grip on it to pull out.
Checked the valve core too.
So, sprayed it with soap and almost no visible signs of air bubbles. Hmmm.

Took it to DT anyway and let them dunk it, sure enough no leaks.
Remounted and now two weeks later I’m down 3 psi. I’ll continue to monitor and check again tomorrow for air bubbles.
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Follow up on the above.
TD told me there was no leak.
I was still loosing air at about a 1 psi a day. I took the wheel off and inspected again at that tear mentioned above. A very small leak detected using some soap. So I took a very small screwdriver and poked around and it slipped in the hole very easily. Obvious leaking now.

Took to TD again, they plugged and patched it from the inside. They forgot my valve stem cap and didn’t rebalance the wheel.
Well thinking it was fixed I still monitored. Sure enough I was still loosing air at the same rate.
Took it off today and about 10” from their plug was another leak. I videotaped it this time in case they couldn’t find it
TD patch and plugged again. This time I kept the valve stem cap in my pocket. They did rebalance at my request but forgot the center cap this time.

Damn shame you can’t trust anyone to do the job right the first time.

Still monitoring.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
WTF!
Still got a damn leak, same spot they supposedly fix last time.
SOB.

Edit. I complained online and their regional manager called me today to tell me they will put a new tire on for my troubles.
Sponsored

Last edited: