Sponsored

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
I wonder how tall that guy is and if the front seat is adjusted for him when that picture was taken? That rear legroom looks really tight.
I'm 6'2 and my wife is 5'6 when I was driving she sat behind me and had plenty of leg room. When I went to the back it was a little tight when it was adjusted for me but when she moved it up for her I had plenty of leg room in the back. Unless you fill the truck with a bunch of 6 foot + guys leg room shouldn't be a problem.

I also moved the passenger seat all the way forward and sat in the back seat and there is enough room for me at 6'2 to use the back seat as a dressing room for skiing, bike riding or whatever else.

blackdog

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 f150 flareside
I thought the fan was odd as well and would just cause more loss of power than necessary but after reading up on the changes they made to the 2.3L for the Ranger trim I am really impressed with how beefy it is. Ford really threw some serious weight on this powertrain and looks like it is built to take serious punishment over the long haul.

what are some good articles on how they changed the 2.3 for ranger application?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, I drove the same truck yesterday with "Other Tommy".

First Drive in the 2019 Ford Ranger (Video) How Does is Compete With Toyota and Chevy?

What is it like to drive the new 2019 Ford Ranger? We get a quick chance to drive one at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show to find out. The one we drive is a crew cab 4Ă—4 Lariat with a FX4 off-road package. This is basically a fully-loaded new Ford Ranger. The quoted price for this truck is just over $38,000.

2019 Ford Ranger
All new U.S.-spec Ford Rangers are powered by a 2.3L EcoBoost turbocharged four-cylinder engine that is rated at 270 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. All Rangers get the 10-speed automatic transmission. This is the only powertrain that will be available when the truck goes on sale in “early 2019” with first Rangers arriving at dealerships around January 2019.

The Ranger is available in two body configurations: extended cab with the longer bed, and the crew cab short bed. Both configurations ride on the same chassis with the same wheelbase.

The trucks are offered in XL, XLT, and Lariat trim levels. There is the STX appearance package offered for the Ranger XL that add a little more visual flair to the base truck.

Maximum towing rating for a Ranger 2WD is 7,500 lbs, and maximum payload is 1,840 lbs.

The FX4 off-road package includes skid plates, rear locking differential, a choice of all-terrain tires, and the new Trail Control (low speed crawl control) system that works between 1-20 MPH while off-road.

We will be testing the Ford Ranger more extensively over the next several weeks and months.

Join Roman and Tommy as they go for a drive in the video below.

Last edited by a moderator:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Nice! From the video, it sounds like Ford will have a press event in the second week of December in San Diego, CA.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Nice! From the video, it sounds like Ford will have a press event in the second week of December in San Diego, CA.
If that's the case maybe they'll formally release the truck with EPA certifications...

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape

Thanks for posting this video. First glimpse of my ordered color selections - HPR and stone interior. The combination really looks sharp!

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
An honest question about this review - he seems to complain about the plastic in the interior. I'm curious - what else would there be? Metal? Wood? Or is he complaining it is flimsy plastic? It seemed like an odd comment to me.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
An honest question about this review - he seems to complain about the plastic in the interior. I'm curious - what else would there be? Metal? Wood? Or is he complaining it is flimsy plastic? It seemed like an odd comment to me.
A lot of these reviewers are looking for soft-touch materials in the cab, something with some padding behind it and maybe leather-ish. Personally, it doesn't bother me but I guess that's what some people want these days.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
They should just make all interiors out of animal pelts and call it a day. Maybe then then reviewers won't have an issue.
Sponsored