First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I've noticed in the last 2 videos posted, the Ford spokesperson and/or reviewers mentions that the 2.3L EcoBoost is a twin turbo when it is in fact a single twin scroll turbo. Anyone else catch that?

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed in the last 2 videos posted, the Ford spokesperson and/or reviewers mentions that the 2.3L EcoBoost is a twin turbo when it is in fact a single twin scroll turbo. Anyone else catch that?
Yep, that's when they lost me... They're trained with "twin scroll turbo" and forget the scroll part.

maldopr1

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Munstang
Guys or Gals,

I test drove the Ranger Saturday at the Orlando Auto Show. I was impress with the way it drove and handle. It had great power and did not let me down. I screech the tires making a right turn when I floor that gas pedal (moderate) and once straight I was encourage to hit that gas pedal on the straight away. Once the test drive came to a completed stop, I realized that I made the right decision when I place my order on08/2018 plus, once my ride was over they gave me a option between a Ranger Hat or a key lanyard.... Hummm…. I took the hat it sure will look good with my ride once deliver in 02/2019 take care guys or gals.....

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Guys or Gals,

I test drove the Ranger Saturday at the Orlando Auto Show. I was impress with the way it drove and handle. It had great power and did not let me down. I screech the tires making a right turn when I floor that gas pedal (moderate) and once straight I was encourage to hit that gas pedal on the straight away. Once the test drive came to a completed stop, I realized that I made the right decision when I place my order on08/2018 plus, once my ride was over they gave me a option between a Ranger Hat or a key lanyard.... Hummm…. I took the hat it sure will look good with my ride once deliver in 02/2019 take care guys or gals.....
Can you post a picture of the Hat? They did't have any Ranger swag at the event I attended, but going to another event this weekend.

maldopr1

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Munstang
Can you post a picture of the Hat? They did't have any Ranger swag at the event I attended, but going to another event this weekend.
Give me a few and I will post the pic..

maldopr1

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Munstang
I you planning to visit the Auto Shows and are register for the Ranger test drive ask for the Hat... My wife was the one that inquire about getting one and the lady told her, yes once the test drive is over.. We got two me and hers.....

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to Friggin Fuego over at Tacoma World.

So this morning at the Central Florida International Auto Show, I was able to test drive the new Ford Ranger Lariat FX4.

20181122_112624.jpg

Test Drive Conditions and Location:

Temperature was 72 degrees around International Drive which is pretty flat.

Interior:

The interior to me was okay with a comparible Tacoma TRD Off-Road with the edge going to the Tacoma. I didn't have any issues with the instrument cluster. MPG was at 24.7 at the time of my test drive. I will say that this model had seat height adjustment. The Ford rep also told me that seat height adjustment was available on all trims!!!!

20181122_112807.jpg

20181122_112655.jpg

20181122_112617.jpg

The test drive:

Holy hell!!! You can feel the torque in this thing instantly. It drives like an proper truck. I was able to accelerate quickly in this thing to 50 mph before the Ford rep asked me to slow down before a turn. It's really hard to tell this thing has a 10-speed transmission because the shifting was seamless and smooth.

We also had to navigate through tight turns between parking cones and I was honestly surprised to see how nimble this truck is. My wife also test drove the truck and she loved it. She was thrilled about the seat height adjustment because she's only 4'10".

20181122_113449.jpg

Conclusion:

I was honestly impressed with this truck. I recommend test driving it of course. These will sell will and as long as the engine and drivetrain stand the test of time, I will be purchasing one also.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't know where to put this, but its a good look at the frame and underside bits of the Ranger.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't know where to put this, but its a good look at the frame and underside bits of the Ranger.
At first I thought it was odd that they chose a engine driven fan. I thought the electric fans were efficient enough to add a MPG, which is usually enough incentive for them to use one over a traditional engine-driven fan. But then if you were going to take your Ranger on a significant off-roading adventure and the electric fan failed you’d likely be SOL. When the clutch on an engine driven fan fails it typically seizes up, and it becomes loud and annoying but the fan continues to fulfill its purpose.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
At first I thought it was odd that they chose a engine driven fan. I thought the electric fans were efficient enough to add a MPG, which is usually enough incentive for them to use one over a traditional engine-driven fan. But then if you were going to take your Ranger on a significant off-roading adventure and the electric fan failed you’d likely be SOL. When the clutch on an engine driven fan fails it typically seizes up, and it becomes loud and annoying but the fan continues to fulfill its purpose.
I thought the fan was odd as well and would just cause more loss of power than necessary but after reading up on the changes they made to the 2.3L for the Ranger trim I am really impressed with how beefy it is. Ford really threw some serious weight on this powertrain and looks like it is built to take serious punishment over the long haul.
Sponsored