2019 Ford Ranger Reviews Compilation

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
Sorry you have sour grapes but the Rangers ride beats any Colorado I've driven or rode in hands down. Current 2019 SuperCrew 4X4 owner.
Are you sure you have ridden in a Crew Cab Long Bed that does not have the Z71 suspension?
Sponsored

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I had a 2016 Z71 Crew Cab gas and I think it drove smoother on residential roads but tended to wander on the highway.. could be tires.. the Ranger is pretty straight... Mine had a nice vibrating hood and a little lag on initial acceleration you'd think it was a turbo.. I liked the truck well enough but I think the Ranger fixes any shortcomings the Coly had and provides many upgrades you can't even get on a GM offering.

Last edited:

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
I was able to rig the seat a bit to make the ride quality better. Still a long way to go. If i can get the ride quality up to snuff I will be happy, because other wise I like many things about the Supercab.

The SQ of the stereo is good enough with a few adjustments, that I do not see a need for aftermarket; heck of a relief because that can be a PIA. $ toward ride quality

The back doors open wide enough that the access is just fine.

The lines of sight are incredible much better than the crew cab.

and more...

Will write a complete review at some point.

Last edited:

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
I am a new owner of a 2019 XLT 4X4 Supercab, and I like a good truck.

Once I figured out how to take the Ranger out of bobble head mode I was able to drive it enough to make some determinations. How have I defeated bobble head mode you ask. I am driving around with a clamp attached to my driver seat back wing which squeezes the wing enough to release my upper torso out of the cradle in order to avoid the primary energies from the sways, and bumps and dips, and stops and starts. If the ride quality of the Initial model year Colorado Work Truck Crew Cab Long Bed is par. The 2019 Ranger is sub par. It matters to me not whether Ford improves the ride quality in this model, because I am now committed to this puppy for many moons to come. By the time I buy another, the truck game will probably be played on a little different ball field.

I am very happy with the look of the Supercab, there is absolutely not a better looking mid sized truck model on the market. Kudos to Ford. The spacious bed is functional I can work with it; a big positive. Take my word for it; the lack of a dampened tailgate es no big deal. The lack of a bumper step es no bueno however. The back seat doors are adequate, and the driver's visibility is outstanding in the Supercab. The backseats are big enough to carry around a couple of mid sized dogs. Pull the seat cushions off in the back and bingo you have good flat surfaces. I like that I can reach across and move the passenger side extendable visor into position while driving. Yes. The Supercab makes me want to smile, oh except I am driving around with one of my shop clamps hanging off the side of my seat. Sound quality is solid within the bounds of the Supercab with only a few easy to obtain adjustments to satisfy my taste. Not having to deal with after market audio to suit my finicky ears is a relief!

The interior lay out is fine. Well except the ignition, where there is no trim cover and no bracing for the key cylinder That is jinky as hell. I mean a $38,320 vehicle where the key wobbles around and feels like you might accidentally twist it off just trying to start the vehicle! What the @#%# is that Ford? I like the Tech, the adaptive cruise is great. I like all of the safety features, and the sight lines innate to this body style enhances the safety. Big ding on the inability to turn off the bottom seat heater while keeping the back heater on. I needs my therapy without arriving at the verge of swamp ass; you know. Anybody reading this review want to help a fellow? I found the under the seat connector for these circuits just verify which wires I should cap.

The engine is as described Love it! The tranny? It is just fine by me. The ride quality at least for me is going to need some: $idewall gain and some better $hocks. I have ordered the oem 16" steel wheels and some tires for it. I intend on selling the pretty 17' painted wheels and tires. Perhaps some day I will buy some subdued bronze 16" wheels to dress her up again.

I am not a "need an FX4" type though my pursuits of happiness are largely void of pavement. Where the rubber hits the road for me is where the road is made of dirt, this is where my thesis for buying the Ranger lights up like a pin ball machine and pays off in silver dollars.

This is a good truck!

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
That Dude In Blue did a good review:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's the Lariat FX4 but I have never experienced sloppy confused ride in my XLT SuperCrew 4x4 and maybe if they hadn't been doing nose dive tests and driven 7 tens of a mile less the mileage would have been higher. Very flawed comparo

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's the Lariat FX4 but I have never experienced sloppy confused ride in my XLT SuperCrew 4x4 and maybe if they hadn't been doing nose dive tests and driven 7 tens of a mile less the mileage would have been higher. Very flawed comparo
I have a Lariat FX4 and I would not call the ride "sloppy and confused" - it does a bit of bounce to it but IMO that is to soften the harsh ride so common in trucks - it makes it feel more "SUVish". I don't find it to be offensive at all. To me, it rides pretty well (certainly far superior to my 2005 Ranger) and I like how it handles. I've never felt it not planted or sloppy in corners. But I'm not expecting it to be a sports car, either.

The mileage don't surprise me. My guess is they got rather "spirited" in their driving and spooled up the turbos quite a bit. I think this engine is pretty easy to get poor mileage with because it is so fun to drive hard. I'm learning how to drive and get decent mileage while still having fun. But you have to keep your foot out of it - that is the key. As someone once said "You can have Eco or you can have Boost, but not both". I personally like it because if I want good mileage I can get it, but if/when I need power, all I have to do is push the gas and it is there. It truly is the best of both worlds I think.

4 months in, and I have zero regrets on the purchase.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last manually check mpg was 23.7 normal driving .

The mileage don't surprise me. My guess is they got rather "spirited" in their driving and spooled up the turbos quite a bit. I think this engine is pretty easy to get poor mileage with because it is so fun to drive hard. I'm learning how to drive and get decent mileage while still having fun.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Who would think an open water container in the back is an objective test of anything...lazy and lame review IMO.
Sponsored