First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Everything is on hold till OKTB is achieved. Units built prior will be inspected before shipping. Fuzzy on a different forum works at MAP say it may be a while yet before that happens.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Everything is on hold till OKTB is achieved. Units built prior will be inspected before shipping. Fuzzy on a different forum works at MAP say it may be a while yet before that happens.
There seems to be conflicting info - the page rangerdanger posted says that "When the 2019 Ranger achieves OKTB status then the ROVP orders will begin to be scheduled for production." That seems to be contradictory to the many people here who have been given build dates.

Am I missing something?

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Nope, it surprised all of us when when we started receiving Vin numbers and build weeks. I had Fuzzy check into it with my vin number, it turned out to be something new that ford was trying.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
I just tested the communications with my new dealer. They seem to be very connected. I got a very fast reply to my text asking about delays. He said he has not seen anything about delays. Most he has seen in the past is 3-4 weeks. He says my order is locked in for a Jan build date.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
ice-capades from the Blue Oval Forum

2019 RANGER

No Scheduling for the week of 12/17,
12/24 and 12/31

Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, retail orders will not be selected for scheduling. Only retail orders that have been verified through the Retail Order Verification Program will be selected for scheduling.
Scheduling will resume for the week of 1/7/2019.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Production Week Scheduling Info for the week of 1/7/2019.

2019 RANGER

Scheduling for Build Week 02/25/2019.

Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, retail orders will not be selected for scheduling. Only retail orders that have been verified through the Retail Order Verification Program will be selected for scheduling.
ice-capades from the Blue Oval Forums

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So just so I understand (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) does this mean everyone's retail orders will be pushed back? Does this mean the scheduled retail trucks will not be built next week? Or will they be built, but held in shipping.

I know we're waiting for the ok, but it's kinda confusing with scheduling.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So just so I understand (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) does this mean everyone's retail orders will be pushed back? Does this mean the scheduled retail trucks will not be built next week? Or will they be built, but held in shipping.

The no scheduling from 12/17-12/31 just affects people placing orders from now until 1/7/2019.

“Ok to Buy” status has not been achieved yet, and we seem to be running out of time before retail orders are scheduled to be built.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer

The Ford ROVP document states that no Retail orders will be built until OKTB occurs. They will keep building stock units until that time.

How that affects our orders remains to be seen as the OKTB is not expected until January sometime.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
That does not affect most of us here, The verified retail orders we have, have been scheduled, un-verified retail ordered will not be scheduled until OKTB has been achived. However, no trucks will leave the plant until OKTB has been achieved. My truck will be built the week of jan 7th, but will not ship till OKTB is made. I am fairly certain that may not happen till at least the second week of Jan. Right now that only leave next and the first week of jan to make it.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I found this post on the Blueoval forums from Fuzzy (who works at MAP) to explain what happens during OKTB, the main difference being we have the Verified retail order program so our retail orders are being scheduled before OKTB. They still will not ship...but hey, at least they will be built. :)
fuzzy says.JPG

Reactions: Ric
Status
Not open for further replies.