2019 MY Ford Ranger Production Dates Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Ice Capades on the Blue Oval forum states there is a "commodity issue" (I read that as parts shortage) for the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ option (Adaptive Cruise, Lane Centering, Evasive Steering Assist, Navigation). I'm guessing this is responsible for some of the Ranger scheduling things we are seeing. Mine is a Lariat 501A, so it has all of that. Are the ones rolling into dealerships and/or getting scheduled now the units without all the Co-Pilot360 technology?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
fuzzymoomoo from the Blue Oval Forums

Last week they lowered our build number on dash line from 1390 a shift to around 1100, though to be fair there has been a frequent issue of one of the robots faulting a lot since the switch to 2019 and I think that's the main reason why.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: kep

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think they were talking about the F-150 line not the Ranger. I believe they were talking about the switch over from the 2018 to the 2019 F-150.
You're right its not clear

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think they were talking about the F-150 line not the Ranger. I believe they were talking about the switch over from the 2018 to the 2019 F-150.
That's the way I understood it.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ice-capades from the Blue Oval Forums

At least in my region, every time I try to get a SuperCab Ranger scheduled the orders get passed over due to "Plant Constraint" issues.
Allocation on the most recent "wholesale" was still miserable here also. Still impossible to get allocation for more than 1 Ranger.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
fuzzymoomoo from the Blue Oval Forums

This is the biggest problem with them insisting on not adding a second shift for Final Assembly under any circumstances until the Bronco launches. Hold onto your hats, Rangers will be in very tight supply for a long time.

Curiously enough, Paint and Body are both 2 shifts.
With the glowing reviews and the extremely high interest dealers seem to be getting I have to believe at some point the demand will reach a breaking point and they will HAVE to add a shift before they want to just to keep up with demand. I believe they will wait as long as they can though.

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
Ordered November 14,Lariat Crew Cab FX4, Blue Lightning,Ebony Interior,,Tech Pkg,Splash Guards,Tray floor liners,Trailer Pkg,Keyless Entry,Spray in bed liner. Was told delivery March 3rd.This will be my third Ranger.

Reactions: kep

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford adding overtime Ranger production as first-month sales hit 1,200

DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. expects a total of 1,200 U.S. Ranger sales in January — the revived midsize pickup's first month on sale — and plans to start running overtime shifts at its Michigan Assembly Plant next week to keep up with demand.

Kumar Galhotra, Ford's president of North America, on Wednesday said the Ranger is exceeding expectations, and that about 300,000 consumers already have indicated plans to purchase the vehicle.

"Based on the orders coming in, and based on the hand-raisers, we think the demand's going to be so strong, that starting in February our assembly plant will be going into massive overtime," Galhotra said at a media briefing.

A Ford spokesman declined to offer any additional details about the overtime schedule. Ford currently builds the Ranger on one shift at the plant, which recently was converted from small-car assembly to body-on-frame truck production.

Ford hasn't sold the Ranger in the U.S. since 2011, when it ceded the segment to Toyota, General Motors and other rivals. Executives said the business case for the vehicle's return became clear as the F-150 full-size pickup got larger and more expensive.

The previous Ranger regularly was among the segment's top sellers and No. 1 as recently as 2004. Ranger sales routinely totaled more than 300,000 a year in the 1990s before fading in the early 2000s.

The new model starts at $25,395, including shipping, and tops out at more than $40,000. It enters an increasingly competitive segment as new entries including the Jeep Gladiator challenge the Toyota Tacoma, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Remember that the Assembly plant is often better equipped to add production than the parts suppliers. This isn't Henry Fords auto company where iron ore came in one end of the Rouge complex and cars came out the other. Auto makers now rely on many parts suppliers. Note that the Takata air bag recall effected multiple brands of autos. It will take some time for the suppliers to gear up. This is often the main constraint in production schedules.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.