First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Love the Ford OEMs

F684E04E-C06C-4EAC-A959-AE5EAE04843F.jpeg
Sponsored

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Just got a set of these in. The instructions are ridiculously useless. It’s like “mark with pencil, hit with hammer, look at it twice, repeat on other side.” Okay... thanks

Did you pull the fender trim off and drill underneath, then drill the trim at the same location? It’s so confusing.

I did not pull the fender trim for the rear. I had to hold the flap in place, kind of guess where I want the pilot hole to go for the top bolt, drill through the flap and trim, then I could finish the hole and place the little metal bracket things along the trim and drill the rest of the holes out. I then threaded the screws into the holes, lined up the flap, and pressed it into the bolt heads to leave impressions so I knew where to drill.

I tried to remove the trim on the front, but broke a plastic clip, so decided not to and take my chances just drilling into the plastic. Seemed to work okay, and they are still held on nice and strong.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm torn between the OEM Ford guards and the Rock Blockz. I've had experience with the RB guards on an F150, and they were very good. They look a bit much for the Ranger though. The OEM is cheaper and has a smoother look to them. Thoughts?

https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-ranger-2019-mud-flaps?variant=17052873195563
There's a big blue oval with FORD in the center of tailgate. Adding (2) more ovals and Ford on mudflaps is over the top.

Have you looked at the WeatherTech mud flaps? They have a smooth look, and no FORD branding. Here's a link: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/weathertech-mud-flaps.3945/

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
There's a big blue oval with FORD in the center of tailgate. Adding (2) more ovals and Ford on mudflaps is over the top.

Have you looked at the WeatherTech mud flaps? They have a smooth look, and no FORD branding. Here's a link: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/weathertech-mud-flaps.3945/
My OEM ovals are very hard to see and I don't mind them as every single part on this vehicle has a stamp or embossed FORD oval on it if you look close enough.
IMG_6580.jpg

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Anyone got the install guide? For those of you that have them installed, do you foresee any issues trying to make it fit on aftermarket flares?

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I used the Weather Guard no drill flaps. Easy to install, looks great and no drilling.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'm torn between the OEM Ford guards and the Rock Blockz. I've had experience with the RB guards on an F150, and they were very good. They look a bit much for the Ranger though. The OEM is cheaper and has a smoother look to them. Thoughts?

https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-ranger-2019-mud-flaps?variant=17052873195563
I like the minimalist OEM guards, they get the job done without calling attention to themselves. If I had to switch, I would put Rock Blocks on instead of one of the larger, flashier models.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I installed the Ford version myself. For those concerned about drilling holes, it may help to know that all drilling is through plastic parts. There is no drilling into metal.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the FORD OEMs, got them tuesday, used my pass reward points before I loose them. Wanted these on before the Midwest slop hits the streets. Easy to install minimal tools & look good too. This project is a 2 thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DSCN8281.JPG

DSCN8282.JPG

DSCN8284.JPG

DSCN8286.JPG

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Ordered the FORD OEMs, got them tuesday, used my pass reward points before I loose them. Wanted these on before the Midwest slop hits the streets. Easy to install minimal tools & look good too. This project is a 2 thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DSCN8281.JPG

DSCN8282.JPG

DSCN8284.JPG

DSCN8286.JPG
Hi Bluestreak..wanted to say nice job and thanks for sharing. Your pics/post helped me decide which way to go. Love how yours look!

Cheers.
James

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

DSCN8282.JPG

Hi Larry,

About your tools....Why did you need the distributor wrench shown on the far left?
Sometimes called a Ford Wrench.... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Larry,

About your tools....Why did you need the distributor wrench shown on the far left?
Sometimes called a Ford Wrench.... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,
I used the rubber end of my LFH to tap in a couple of the plastic fasteners. By the way I love all your story's. :like:

Last edited:

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Bluestreak..wanted to say nice job and thanks for sharing. Your pics/post helped me decide which way to go. Love how yours look!

Cheers.
James
Thanks James. I love my Plain Jane. Just a few do-dads hear & there to make it my own. When you install the flaps hold them firm against the trim & body when you drill your hole. I think this makes for a better fit.

rickyranger8

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor