Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Hi Doc,

We cut the axle to spring brackets off the axle and the fabricated new axle attaching brackets. Then rotated the diff to align with the driveshaft. It was held in place to the spring with longer u bolts. We set the pinion angle with an inclinometer on the pinion flange and tacked the axle tubes to the brackets. Then pulled the axle out and finished welding the fabed brackets to the axle. I think the aftermarket picked up on this and that there brackets out there to do this without all the fabrication. I used Livernoise Engineering for most of this work as the Experimental Garage was always too booked and they were mostly parts changers anyway.

This became a go program and we were going to retool the intake and throttle body for North-South installation but we had one problem. We had no room to mount an A/C compressor thanks to the huge XR50 Steering Gear that Ranger used at that time. Marketing said no way with no A/C...so the program died, but the vehicle was a blast to drive...

I seem to always get involved with these one off skunkworks projects and it made it so much fun to actually have a company, Ford, that provided the sandbox and the toys and I got to come in every day and play...:)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
That’s fantastic , Thank you for your Valued input.
Regards
Sponsored

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, Lightning Blue, 302a, Technology Package, Sport Appearance Package, Bed liner, Tow package
Occupation
Control Systems Engineer
How much time do you think would have been added if you were only running a tune with no other mods like exhaust, etc?

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
How much time do you think would have been added if you were only running a tune with no other mods like exhaust, etc?
Honestly am not sure. I’m sure there’s others that have done that and can chime in....

RunNwld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger / 2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
MD/HD Truck Tech
Vehicle Showcase
My God! That's a sweet sleeper...13s in a Truck with 2.3!!! You could practically out run 90% of production cars out there...I'm still running stock on 87 pump and this truck still feels like it could take off faster than most at the light...or at least embarrass those who try as I won't be too far behind:)
Nice !

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
Its 2 separate lights, one shows its off, then another acts as an action indicator it seems. But even with the system full off, once I get the back end out a bit the indicator one starts flashing and it seems like its pulling power. Figured you may have run into it if you were spinning the tires.

Also no donuts?! How else am I supposed to have fun in the snow when it arrives? lol

Capture.PNG
Are you holding the button down for 10 seconds? One press turns off traction control. Holding it for 10 seconds disables the whole system.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Are you holding the button down for 10 seconds? One press turns off traction control. Holding it for 10 seconds disables the whole system.
Yes I am, but as soon as you start to get a little sideways you can see the traction control light flash and it tries to reign you in. If I remember correctly from this winter, the only time I seemed to be able to keep it off is to also lock the diff, but then after a certain speed (like 30mph) the diff automatically unlocks.

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
Yes I am, but as soon as you start to get a little sideways you can see the traction control light flash and it tries to reign you in. If I remember correctly from this winter, the only time I seemed to be able to keep it off is to also lock the diff, but then after a certain speed (like 30mph) the diff automatically unlocks.
Strange... And you're getting the AdvanceTrak Diabled message? I've not had any issue getting it sideways.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Strange... And you're getting the AdvanceTrak Diabled message? I've not had any issue getting it sideways.
Correct. Next time you get a chance and you are having a little fun in the truck let me know if you TC light flashes at you when you have it off and are getting the rear end to step out. To me it still feels like its pulling power/applying brakes.

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Account Manager
Correct. Next time you get a chance and you are having a little fun in the truck let me know if you TC light flashes at you when you have it off and are getting the rear end to step out. To me it still feels like its pulling power/applying brakes.
I'll definitely let you know.. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention lol.

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Mine does the same thing. I tap the button once to disable TC and then hold it down and it says its disabling the advance trac but then when I try and have fun it will flash and cut power like stated. But if I lock the rear diff I can do whatever I want until you hit the 20mph threshold and the rear diff unlocks again. Always has kind of irked me.

RunNwld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger / 2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
MD/HD Truck Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the truck in the lanes. I am very happy with how this truck is performing and street manners feel like stock until you lay into the throttle. This is PalmBeachDyno tunes and mods are cat back muffler shop exhaust, AFE charge pipes, drop in filter, 1 step colder plugs, and a high pressure fuel pump for E85. This was with the heavy wheel/tire combo that doesn’t hook so low rpm launch. We are going back next week with stock weight wheels/tires that will hook!! Shooting to be in the 12’s. SPD performance is working on getting us a down pipe which will absolutely help with that. One huge piece of data we got was that through the traps the highest intake temps were 120 degrees in south Florida humid heat. So no plans for an intercooler as this stock one performs very well.

8DE36012-AAF1-4F18-AB45-120ABE6ACBCB.jpeg

DF7BEAA0-9D7F-45E4-829C-3CB591C5A3A0.jpeg
Nice!!! got me wanting to do some shit to mine now lol.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc