13.77 quarter mile on first outting!!

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
No, I just touch the button and it stays on. If the icon on the dash is on, traction control is off. Flashing may be a warning to make you aware that traction is still off...LOL, don’t do donuts..
Regards
Its 2 separate lights, one shows its off, then another acts as an action indicator it seems. But even with the system full off, once I get the back end out a bit the indicator one starts flashing and it seems like its pulling power. Figured you may have run into it if you were spinning the tires.

Also no donuts?! How else am I supposed to have fun in the snow when it arrives? lol

Capture.PNG
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Its 2 separate lights, one shows its off, then another acts as an action indicator it seems. But even with the system full off, once I get the back end out a bit the indicator one starts flashing and it seems like its pulling power. Figured you may have run into it if you were spinning the tires.

Also no donuts?! How else am I supposed to have fun in the snow when it arrives? lol

Capture.PNG
Don’t know....?
I don’t have stability control.
Snow Donuts ....Yes !
Regards

Last edited:
OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I tried some bigger tires with no results, can you give me the specs on those nittos, ( I assume they are drag radials) I can find plenty of drag radials but In my size, I cant find tires that are the same height as my stock tires.
What size are your rims and tire diameter? I have 16” rims..( I also have some 17x9.5s but they are heavy as hell) ....anyway, can’t wait to see your results.
Regards
I ran a 31.9" tall tire which is on my truck and super heavy. I am going to a 29.2" tall tire which combined with the wheel will be pretty much the same weight as factory. Factory height is 30.5". The tire I am going with is a Nitto NT05 (not the R) and size is 255/45/20.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I ran a 31.9" tall tire which is on my truck and super heavy. I am going to a 29.2" tall tire which combined with the wheel will be pretty much the same weight as factory. Factory height is 30.5". The tire I am going with is a Nitto NT05 (not the R) and size is 255/45/20.
Cool , what diameter is the rim?
My stock diameter tire is 29.5 “
Regards

Last edited:

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Finally got the truck in the lanes. I am very happy with how this truck is performing and street manners feel like stock until you lay into the throttle. This is PalmBeachDyno tunes and mods are cat back muffler shop exhaust, AFE charge pipes, drop in filter, 1 step colder plugs, and a high pressure fuel pump for E85. This was with the heavy wheel/tire combo that doesn’t hook so low rpm launch. We are going back next week with stock weight wheels/tires that will hook!! Shooting to be in the 12’s. SPD performance is working on getting us a down pipe which will absolutely help with that. One huge piece of data we got was that through the traps the highest intake temps were 120 degrees in south Florida humid heat. So no plans for an intercooler as this stock one performs very well.

8DE36012-AAF1-4F18-AB45-120ABE6ACBCB.jpeg

DF7BEAA0-9D7F-45E4-829C-3CB591C5A3A0.jpeg
Cool wheels!

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
That is awesome!! Great numbers you are putting up with minimal effort! Love it!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What mods, may I ask?
Regards
Hi Doc,

First was to modify the suspension for handling using parts from my Racing Ranger support of the SCCA RaceTruck series. Then Engine Engineering tweaked the ECM to raise the rev limit to 10,000 rpm. Fuel and spark table tweaked too. Needed Premium fuel only. Also, we raised the axle ration to 3.45 from 3.73. It was a manual trans and I could dust off anyone on the street without shifting out of 1st gear. The motor just screamed. We had straight pipes on the exhaust. Because the engine was for the TableSaurus, we had to cut the dash plenum to fit the throttle body under the dash panel...(many call it a Firewall, but we do not use the word Fire) I lowered the vehicle by cutting the front springs and we flipped the rear axle over to the top of the rear leaf springs. We had custom take apart shocks to tune the suspension. Automotive press loved it...but it served its purpose and it ended up being crushed at our source for crushing the vehicles, Environ. Loved that truck. I had a relation with Purdue University for advanced projects in the realm of adaptive engine mounts and drove it down to Purdue. I was pulled over twice in Indiana by state police, I was not speeding but the police wanted to see the vehicle and had radioed other state police to pull it over to take a look. Oh yeah...we had to increase the size of the alternator pulley to slow the alternator down. First alternator only lasted a bit over an hour before it threw the stator windings because it was spinning too fast. Original was about 3:1 and we slowed it down to about 1.9:1...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hi Doc,

First was to modify the suspension for handling using parts from my Racing Ranger support of the SCCA RaceTruck series. Then Engine Engineering tweaked the ECM to raise the rev limit to 10,000 rpm. Fuel and spark table tweaked too. Needed Premium fuel only. Also, we raised the axle ration to 3.45 from 3.73. It was a manual trans and I could dust off anyone on the street without shifting out of 1st gear. The motor just screamed. We had straight pipes on the exhaust. Because the engine was for the TableSaurus, we had to cut the dash plenum to fit the throttle body under the dash panel...(many call it a Firewall, but we do not use the word Fire) I lowered the vehicle by cutting the front springs and we flipped the rear axle over to the top of the rear leaf springs. We had custom take apart shocks to tune the suspension. Automotive press loved it...but it served its purpose and it ended up being crushed at our source for crushing the vehicles, Environ. Loved that truck. I had a relation with Purdue University for advanced projects in the realm of adaptive engine mounts and drove it down to Purdue. I was pulled over twice in Indiana by state police, I was not speeding but the police wanted to see the vehicle and had radioed other state police to pull it over to take a look. Oh yeah...we had to increase the size of the alternator pulley to slow the alternator down. First alternator only lasted a bit over an hour before it threw the stator windings because it was spinning too fast. Original was about 3:1 and we slowed it down to about 1.9:1...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
This is very interesting as well as cool!
I’m no mechanic (parts changer)
As you might have noted, I’m interested in lowering the rear for the purpose of drag racing.
I’m 69 now and can no longer drag race my motor cycles ( scared I guess).
When you do an axle flip, how do you address the pinion angle?
Thank you again for your informative posts!
12 second quarter back in the day is very impressive!
Regards

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is very interesting as well as cool!
I’m no mechanic (parts changer)
As you might have noted, I’m interested in lowering the rear for the purpose of drag racing.
I’m 69 now and can no longer drag race my motor cycles ( scared I guess).
When you do an axle flip, how do you address the pinion angle?
Thank you again for your informative posts!
12 second quarter back in the day is very impressive!
Regards
Hi Doc,

We cut the axle to spring brackets off the axle and the fabricated new axle attaching brackets. Then rotated the diff to align with the driveshaft. It was held in place to the spring with longer u bolts. We set the pinion angle with an inclinometer on the pinion flange and tacked the axle tubes to the brackets. Then pulled the axle out and finished welding the fabed brackets to the axle. I think the aftermarket picked up on this and that there brackets out there to do this without all the fabrication. I used Livernoise Engineering for most of this work as the Experimental Garage was always too booked and they were mostly parts changers anyway.

This became a go program and we were going to retool the intake and throttle body for North-South installation but we had one problem. We had no room to mount an A/C compressor thanks to the huge XR50 Steering Gear that Ranger used at that time. Marketing said no way with no A/C...so the program died, but the vehicle was a blast to drive...

I seem to always get involved with these one off skunkworks projects and it made it so much fun to actually have a company, Ford, that provided the sandbox and the toys and I got to come in every day and play...:)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored