120v outlet

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Has anyone used the 120v outlet for anything substantial? I am going to be working on my retirement property which has no power. I need to use a hammer drill to secure shed wall to foundation before I straighten it. Single slope, metal roof and sides. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used the 120v outlet for anything substantial? I am going to be working on my retirement property which has no power. I need to use a hammer drill to secure shed wall to foundation before I straighten it. Single slope, metal roof and sides. Thanks for any info.
It is limited to 150 watts - not a ton. All I've used it for is to plug in a charger for my cordless drill when I was doing some work on a rental house.

I'm almost positive a hammer drill would take more than 150 watts.

OP
OP

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Isn't it 110v? I would guess a hammer drill is going to be over the 150w limit. Sounds like you need to invest in a cordless drill
Thanks, I have a cordless but I'm drilling into concrete, so hammer drill.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The manual also says not to use it with an extension cord and I'm guessing you would need one for the job. But I think the concern there is using it to power more than one device. Not sure. Anyway, you might be better off renting a generator, throwing it in the bed and getting to work with your hammer drill.

Last edited:

JeffB

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muastang, Mazda 6
It is basically useless. Had hoped to use it for electric chain saw and weed eater... They won't work, but I can make a piece of toast.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I tried to use it once with an electric leaf blower - was going to clean out a storage unit, but it wouldn't work. Had to resort to using a broom. ?

Old NaCl

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger 2X4
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
The plug is about 10 times to weak.

Either use cordless, rent a generator or purchase an inverter that can supply the power.

Reactions: EJH

dkirby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor, '16 Focus RS, '10 Evo X
Occupation
Engineer
It is basically useless. Had hoped to use it for electric chain saw and weed eater... They won't work, but I can make a piece of toast.
I bet you can't make toast either. Any electrical heating element is going to take a high current. Hair dryers are usually 1000-1500 Watts. A 2 slice toaster must be at least 500 Watts.

Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Toaster would require more watts than the outlet can put out. So..... guess you're just having bread =o)

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.