First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Web Developer
Not sure how this socket is so loose but it won't even hold a phone charger in it, the prongs fall right out.
The one behind the center console.
I assume it would be a warrantied repair but who knows. Is there a known issue with these or an easy fix?
Thanks
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how this socket is so loose but it won't even hold a phone charger in it, the prongs fall right out.
The one behind the center console.
I assume it would be a warrantied repair but who knows. Is there a known issue with these or an easy fix?
Thanks
Hi Tanner,

Have you tried other 120V devices in the socket? If they all behave similarly, I recommend you have the dealer tend to it and get it replaced under warranty...

Best,
Phil

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hi Tanner,

Have you tried other 120V devices in the socket? If they all behave similarly, I recommend you have the dealer tend to it and get it replaced under warranty...

Best,
Phil
Phil, your mention of warranty was a reminder of the importance of having an extended warranty with today's prices for service and repairs. Bought an 8-year Ford ESP extended warranty yesterday at an exceptional price with excellent customer service from Granger Ford.

Ford Protect ESP at $50 over Dealer Cost from Granger Ford | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
TannerVoss1231
First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Web Developer
Had mine replaced under warranty as well. Warranty is now over and it's been broken for a few months... again. Couldn't get the extended warranty because of mileage
Sponsored