100A VS 101A

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Those of you who only went with the 100A, is there anything you wish you had from the 101A?
Are you fine with no keyless entry?
What about the tailgate, is there no lock at all?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I did find these posts in the 'Delete' thread:
I *think* it does come with a key fob that will lock and unlock the doors, but I don't think the 100A has the remote start on the keyfob (but you can use your phone and the app to remote start and unlock). When I first ordered, I also did 100A and looked into that and that's what I found online.

Someone here with a 100A will be able to confirm.

One thing that took me a while to understand is that the 100A puts the rear view camera screen in the rear view mirror and not in the 4.2 inch dashboard screen. That was a deal breaker for me (and I also didn't like the idea of manual mirrors because my wife and I will both drive it and there's a decent height difference between us, enough that neither of us can see out the mirrors when adjusted for the other). I went to 101A but $1,135 is a lot just for the rear cam change and power mirror).

Good luck!

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
From Ford.com, 101A includes:

Cruise control
Power mirrors
Day/night rearview mirror
Perimeter anti-theft
Remote key fob with tailgate lock
Six speaker radio
SYNC

I gotta have cruise control, everything else I could live without. Unplugged the tailgate lock after a few months since it was a pain in the butt.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I might just go ahead and get the 101A.
Personally I would get it. My theory is you've worked hard your whole life and as long as you can afford it why not splurge a little and get it all? Mine is fully loaded and I've never had all this stuff on any truck before. Now that I do I really like them and I found that I use most of these features more and more.

For me I'd never buy another vehicle without keyless entry or start. It's really nice never to have to take the fob out of your pocket. I know first world problems. lol

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Those of you who only went with the 100A, is there anything you wish you had from the 101A?
Are you fine with no keyless entry?
What about the tailgate, is there no lock at all?
The 2023 Ranger XL 101A package is required for ordering certain other options and packages.
The order bank for 2022 is closed.

Attachments

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I would get it. My theory is you've worked hard your whole life and as long as you can afford it why not splurge a little and get it all? Mine is fully loaded and I've never had all this stuff on any truck before. Now that I do I really like them and I found that I use most of these features more and more.

For me I'd never buy another vehicle without keyless entry or start. It's really nice never to have to take the fob out of your pocket. I know first world problems. lol
Agreed. My Ranger is the most "loaded" vehicle I've bought new and I don't see myself ever reversing that trend.

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I just got this email from a dealer that I was asking about 101A:

"Robert,

So I got a message from the Ranger team and the 101A is currently on commodity restriction and cannot be selected. They are trying to restructure it but they couldn't tell me what they were trying to remove, as that would be the reason they were restructuring it.

I can check every week to see if it comes off of restriction or we can switch to an XLT. Which would you prefer?"

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

I agree with you, but I drive barely 5000 miles a year. I have cruise control on my 2010 vehicle with 65,000 miles and think I might have used it twice. Now, adaptive cruise control I could see using, but where I live is too stop and go, and Oregonians drive in whatever lane whatever speed they feel like.

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Personally I would get it. My theory is you've worked hard your whole life and as long as you can afford it why not splurge a little and get it all?

...clip...
That's what I keep telling my dad. I'm 22, I deserve it. ;)

OP
OP
LostMy65

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The dealers are still telling me that the 101A isn't available for order with a 2023. Something about certain things being removed from the package.
Anyone else heard anything like that for the XL orders for MY2023?

Wisertyou

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT 4x4
I could do without all those features except the self adjusting rear view mirror. Never had one before my ranger and now I can't live without it. If you're light sensitive at all it's a must have. Personally i think the self locking tailgate is annoying, but I usually keep the bed empty.
Sponsored