OP

Pacc

First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, FX4
Thanks to federal govā€™t emissions refs and rules (Kali is even worse) youā€™re not going to see that happen. Theyā€™re real funny about the whole drivetrain. So if the vehicle in question didnā€™t come from Ford with a 6 speed, then you could be screwed. I had a L83/8L90 surgically implanted in my ā€˜18 JKU and Iā€™m not looking forward to my first inspection. After the initial 5-6 years you gotta get tested/inspected. Idaho isnā€™t too bad yet, but get it time.
So long as the company offers the drivetrain option anywhere in the world, the conversion can be done with no flack from the fed...

OP
OP

Pacc

First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, FX4
This sounds like you need the TCM programming TSB completed. I explained to the dealer that my truck shifted like "a bucking bronco", they did the programming, and now it's smooth as butter.

I've had 7 manual transmission vehicles in the past, and I loved them all. I'd ((probably)) have gotten one in the ranger, and then I'd have regretted it because the 10speed is just phenomenal when programmed correctly.
Setting an appointment with the local dealer today!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Setting an appointment with the local dealer today!
It's for trucks built on or before 2/12/2019, but I've heard others have trouble with trucks built a little bit later. I will say from first hand experience, It's a night and day transformation.

I think they left some of the programming from the much heavier F150 in for the early trucks, so they are overcompensating for the weight of the larger truck.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Clearly you've never tried importing anything newer than 25 years old... It's a nightmare. If you try, you might as well try and get a diesel while you're at it (I think that's basically all there is overseas).

No idea how it would work trying to get one in with the engine intact as none of the foreign engines are EPA certified (what a joke).
@tfthfavor, I obviously wasn't very clear on that. Not talking about importing a brand new truck. I'm very aware of the 25 year rule and the nightmare associated with attempting to import something.

I was talking more about getting a either a brand new transmission/transfer case sent over or maybe even from a wrecked Ranger vice trying to get a transfer case from an F150 matched up to a mustang 6 speed.

As I said...way out of my lane, so not even sure if that is feasible.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
parts aren't that hard, but people want several severed limbs as payment, plus freight to get something across the ocean. It's even hard to get a wrecked car over even if it's a "half cut" since they all have to be blessed by the noodly appendage of the EPA.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I was talking more about getting a either a brand new transmission/transfer case sent over or maybe even from a wrecked Ranger vice trying to get a transfer case from an F150 matched up to a mustang 6 speed.
I don't think it would be any easier trying to mount a AU-spec ranger transmission than a part off a 20 year old chevy.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it would be any easier trying to mount a AU-spec ranger transmission than a part off a 20 year old chevy.
Agreed, you'd probably need several other people's arms and legs to pay for the oddball stuff like trans mounts, crossmembers, etc that would be required to fit it in the correct spot, and then you would have the problem of mating to the gas engine which i'm not even sure is offered anywhere but North America.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Agreed, you'd probably need several other people's arms and legs to pay for the oddball stuff like trans mounts, crossmembers, etc that would be required to fit it in the correct spot, and then you would have the problem of mating to the gas engine which i'm not even sure is offered anywhere but North America.
Not to mention the AU spec trans probably has a reversed shift gate (RHD)

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Which is why I mentioned going with something from PI "would it be a better idea to track down something from the maybe Philippines (same side of the road.."

Either way, sounds like a bridge too far and OP might be getting his transmission updated so it shifts to his liking.

OP
OP

Pacc

First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, FX4
Clearly you've never tried importing anything newer than 25 years old... It's a nightmare. If you try, you might as well try and get a diesel while you're at it (I think that's basically all there is overseas).

No idea how it would work trying to get one in with the engine intact as none of the foreign engines are EPA certified (what a joke).
That is exactly where the end state is!!!

r2t2k2

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
So long as the company offers the drivetrain option anywhere in the world, the conversion can be done with no flack from the fed...
Itā€™s not the fed... Itā€™s the state level that you have to worry about. Here in Idaho the emissions are the federal standards, but some states have some pretty strict enforcement. Due to my past experiences with modified vehicles I tend to be somewhat conservative as to how far I'll go. After all my JKU is really a Silverado in camouflage...

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Does anyone know if the 7A195 transfer case will match up to a 6 speed manual mustang transmission (obviously would be preā€ matched to a 2.3 turbo). The transfer case is mechanical so I suppose the most on that end other than an adapter plate, may have to change the t case input shaft.
I can figure out the clutch and accessories on my own, may need help with disconnecting the TCM and removing it from the main computer.
Ford for whatever reason has decided to not repond to my emails.
Any legit knowledge is appreciated!
Sorry - on modern vehicles there really is no reasonable way to do this. You stand a fighting chance if both models were here in the US from the start and you could convert using used parts of a wrecked rig...

Have you looked at the mustang gear ratios? Generally speaking, car trans and truck trans are very different, different gear ratios and different design intent.

Also it's rare that a 2wd trans will fit a tcase without a new case or extensive mods.

What are your plans for center console mods for the shifter?

What are your plans for clutch pedal? "IF" you could source one from overseas, it may not even fit.

If for some miracle all this fits...what happens when you have a problem, call up Ford Malaysia and get a part shipped and wait 2 weeks?

I appreciate your enthusiasm....but don't think it's a reasonable project.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ė‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Donā€˜t think so. U ever drove a RH? Itā€˜s completly nuts, like the whole empire. U have to pull the 3, 4, 5 and 6...
Was a complete nogo for me. Let my wife drove whole scottland...
Sponsored