khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if you assume 10hr shifts 5 days a week, a single shift, and a 60 second cycle time... That gets you a maximum annual production of 144,000. But between line efficiency, shortages, and holidays, let's take 90% of that... 130k. That's what I would consider to be the maximum annual amount the plant can sustain. Note I based this off of a 48 week year, which is reasonable due to summer and winter shutdown, and the 90% is just a guess, but will cover things like MLK day and Labor Day and what not where the plant won't be running, as well as part shortages and new operator training. So that comes out to just under 11k/month in sustained maximum sales before they have to start discussing a second shift.

RangerJoe99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently stationed in Germany and I see quite a few Euro-spec Rangers (as you might expect). But in my little area, my truck is the second from the US.

Also, I helped a buddy at work decide to go ahead and order his :LOL:

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
The Nissan Frontier outsold the Ranger in Q2 2019. By 9000 units!

Ford likes the smell of C Score in the morning.

fast40s

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2013 Explorer Limited, 2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2
Occupation
Engineer
The Nissan Frontier outsold the Ranger in Q2 2019. By 9000 units!

Ford likes the smell of C Score in the morning.
Better check your facts CDVega. Don’t be confused between Q2 and YTD. The trend going forward appears to favor Ranger and I don’t think Ford is trying very hard.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Your welcome Ford! Oh and thank you for the awesome truck

RangerRap

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnet
Vehicle Showcase
Had someone next to me honk at me and point at my Ranger and then give me a thumbs up. I get quit a few looks when I’m out so it’s still rare in LA to see one but I think it’s the best looking mid size truck out there although it’s actually pretty big in comparison to the older mid sized trucks. With my 285 R70’s and the front leveled I sit as hit or higher than a lot of older F 150’s. Just slightly lower than the Raptor.

Hllll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT 302A with Sport package
Better check your facts CDVega. Don’t be confused between Q2 and YTD. The trend going forward appears to favor Ranger and I don’t think Ford is trying very hard.
yeah, the biggest challenge is price I think - it’s too darn close to the F150, so people (like me, for example) just take the bullet...plus the 4cyl engine didn’t quite cut it for me in terms of performance.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, the biggest challenge is price I think - it’s too darn close to the F150, so people (like me, for example) just take the bullet...plus the 4cyl engine didn’t quite cut it for me in terms of performance.
Really? Did you test drive one? I know quite a few people who have been VERY surprised at a 4 cylinder - not sure I've heard anyone who has actually driven it think it was weak. But performance is a subjective thing.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The F150 would have to be a lot cheaper than the ranger for me to accept the extra bulk.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. 310 lb ft of torque at 3k rpm doesnt quite cut it for you?

That is more than the GM or taco V6 zt a much lower RPM.

Hllll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT 302A with Sport package
Lol. 310 lb ft of torque at 3k rpm doesnt quite cut it for you?

That is more than the GM or taco V6 zt a much lower RPM.
for sure it is, but it felt like a 7.5-8s truck vs the 2.7L with 400lbft of torque....this engine is freaking fast! I can do burn outs easily!!

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
My previous two rangers were 4 liter V6.My 2019 Ranger Lariet 4x4 FX4 out performs the other two hands down!!! Can't compare the older Rangers to the current on, the new Ranger blows them away in performance ride and handling.!!!
Sponsored