Someone is not getting their Ranger......

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I like to know how they stopped the trains from sounding their horns at each and every rail crossing since that is pretty much mandatory per federal regulations.
Fra and dot call them quiet zones. Sadly the list of places with the restriction spots is getting long. I dont know the ins and outs of it rule wise but certain hours certain spots no horns unless some event makes it necessary. The train horns are a safety communications device. Noise is gor good reasons. When people rent apartments close to the tracks and crossings they should expect to hear the trains lol. Hence my calling them stupid for expecting no rail road noise.

https://railroads.dot.gov/elibrary/quiet-zone-locations-city-and-state
Sponsored

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Fra and dot call them quiet zones. Sadly the list of places with the restriction spots is getting long. I dont know the ins and outs of it rule wise but certain hours certain spots no horns unless some event makes it necessary. The train horns are a safety communications device. Noise is gor good reasons. When people rent apartments close to the tracks and crossings they should expect to hear the trains lol. Hence my calling them stupid for expecting no rail road noise.

https://railroads.dot.gov/elibrary/quiet-zone-locations-city-and-state

I looked up the regulations after I made my last reply and you are correct. Though I think that these "quite zones" are one of the most stupidest things ever. As yo said, the horns are to warn the idiotic morons that a train is coming.

And these rockets scientist should know better when they move close to train tracks that there WILL be noise. I've seen the same thing happen with race tracks all too often. Race tracks are built out in the country then some dumb developer buys the land around the track to build subdivisions. And the new home owners know the race track is there but buy the homes anyways and then complain about the noise until the track gets shut down.

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
The Hot Pepper Red Ford is a Maverick and the person who ordered it probably has been waiting 18 months for it.
maybe they will come out better in the long run. likely get money back and a newer model.
anyone know of a train tracker type of page or app?
like for air traffic and ships you can track most anything from the internet in semi real time. it would be interesting to see the rail road.

OP
OP
rydfree

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Not just rail. This F150 or 250 but damn.
Same thing happened to one of the 1st year deliveries of a Bronco here in Alabama . Wonder how many vehicles they lose to delivery damage each year ?

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Guess the reporter in the video was wrong!:crying:
No, the reporter was right, that image was from the previous derailment at the same location, also caused by a tractor trailer in on the tracks, but in that previous incident the train did hit the tractor trailer.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2022 Tremor Lariat
There were vehicle on the train. They didn't say what kind. Most likely, it was F150s and super dutys out of Louisville.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
In my admittedly limited experience with highway auto transport I'm frankly surprised half of the cars make it to their destination in 1 piece. On my 3 trucks.

Truck 1) Let a Jaguar rolling chassis go halfway down the street until it hit a curb and then let my rolling chassis roll into it. (Why were they on the top level and whose poor car towed them up there?)

Truck 2) Completely destroyed an aluminum suspension (control arms and coffins) by torquing on the wrong positions with tow straps.

Truck 3) Hit another truck in transit and left the road and all cargo totaled.
Sponsored