First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Dude, that is the worst! My wife is a control freak. She can't even manage the climate control in her own vehicle worth a shit. She can't let the car do the work and it is either too hot or too cold all the freakin' time.
I threaten to put a security case over the home thermostat but know I'd have to repair the wall when she rips it down.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I threaten to put a security case over the home thermostat but know I'd have to repair the wall when she rips it down.
I got a smart thermostat that I can pass code lock. They turn it up but, surprise!!! You’ve been used! ?

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
These trucks have the worst heaters and A/C I've ever had in a vehicle especially Fords all my other Ford vehicles had great heaters I hope the new generation Ranger gets better environmental systems

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
I rag stuffed my rear vents in my SCAB. More airflow up front. I use 2 or 3 on fan speed and keep it about 71. Doesn’t take long and the front gets pretty warm. Really depends more on how cold it is outside and how hard the system works to keep up with it.
I gotta try this to see if it helps. The footwell heat issue has been my biggest complaint with my truck.

It reminds me of a vw beetle we had in the 70's. It had a little slot below the doors that was supposed to provide heat to the feet. Did basically nothing.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi KJ,

One of my engineers solved the battle of the thermostat by running a long drywall through the thermostat. That solved the battle.... They divorced a few months later...

Best,
Phil

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
It reminds me of a vw beetle we had in the 70's. It had a little slot below the doors that was supposed to provide heat to the feet. Did basically nothing.
No comparison. Ranger beats it easily as I've never had to scrape frost off the inside of the windows of the Ranger like I did in my Beetles.
I'm pretty spoiled with options like heat.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Good point there. If you never use the back, you can plug those vents and force more air to come out the front at the feet. I will be doing that soon since scabs still have back vents.
I'm an auto guy set at 73. Take all the controls away so my wife doesn't mess with them. ?
I had a girlfriend that thought if you set the house thermostat to 85 degrees it would heat the room up faster because the air coming out was 85 degrees. Same thing in reverse for cooling. She was also a smoker that sat out on the balcony with the door open so that she could hear if someone knocked on the door, or the phone ring (before cell phones).

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I had a girlfriend that thought if you set the house thermostat to 85 degrees it would heat the room up faster because the air coming out was 85 degrees. Same thing in reverse for cooling. She was also a smoker that sat out on the balcony with the door open so that she could hear if someone knocked on the door, or the phone ring (before cell phones).
Jason, my wife does that with the thermostat too. They don't understand it just runs longer to get to those temps. :facepalm:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jason, my wife does that with the thermostat too. They don't understand it just runs longer to get to those temps. :facepalm:
They're all the same. lol Annie was dong that at her house and I tried explaining it wasn't coming out any hotter, just running longer. ?‍♂ When she got her gas bill she stopped doing it.o_O

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Yeah… didn’t check rear airflow because I mostly drive alone so who cares, totally forgot rear seats exist. Checked only driver’s and passenger’s.

How it works on SCABs?
The same. Not like my 2009 Mercury Mariner, I can blend floor and panel and warm or cool air comes through both with good volume. Nice on hot summer days as well.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Hi KJ,

One of my engineers solved the battle of the thermostat by running a long drywall through the thermostat. That solved the battle.... They divorced a few months later...

Best,
Phil
Did he get to keep the drywall screw?

OP
OP
Kristina

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Instead of complaining about your wives poor knowledge about heating show off your own knowledges and explain me please about Ranger heating and ventilation.
If rear vents are stuffed is it possible humidity can collect there? Theoretically or in practically?
And if I set certain temp on A/C why I get much hotter air?
And where is temp sensor in salon? At height of knees I assume?
After I get answers you may continue venting about your wives ;)
Thank you in advance!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta try this to see if it helps. The footwell heat issue has been my biggest complaint with my truck.

Hi Paul,

Like on my 1957 Beetle, keep the engine RPM up use 2nd gear when normally you would use 4th...

best,
Phil
Sponsored