Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
went up 14 cents here last night.........now $3.59 and climbing daily. thank you new york. and they freaking wonder why the population in this damn state is declining yearly. So the title of this thread is gas prices are dropping? where are they dropping?
Elections over, now we need a thread gas prices are sky rocketing. They reinstated the gas tax here in NY Jan 1 so that's over 20 cents a gallon rise.
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Its an option. But no I act like an old man and piss and moan all the time.
It's funny, when I was young I had all of the time in the world and no money to do anything, now that I have plenty of money I am too damn old to do all of the things I wanted to do, it totally sucks getting old(er).

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We are holding at $3.49, down $2 from the peak, still pretty high compaired to last years $2.50.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Gas price is like a rollercoaster here, up, down, up, down, up...
With some crying and puking thrown in for good measure ...

What's also killing me are heating oil prices - cost me nearly $1,000 to fill up last month and I'll need to fill up in another two weeks. The only saving grace is that this winter's been pretty mild so far. Of course, spending $17,000 last week on a new oil boiler really hurt, but we got our money's worth out of the 1987 boiler it replaced.

Might get cheaper to sit in a warmed up and idling Soupie than on the sofa! =D

$17K - the mods I could have gotten, not to mention a lifetime of Graphene ...

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

What's also killing me are heating oil prices - cost me nearly $1,000 to fill up last month and I'll need to fill up in another two weeks. The only saving grace is that this winter's been pretty mild so far. Of course, spending $17,000 last week on a new oil boiler really hurt, but we got our money's worth out of the 1987 boiler it replaced.

We use Natural Gas for heat/fireplace/dryer/water, and the wife loves to sit in front of the fire place, I cringe at what my PG&E bill will be this month.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Cheapest gas at BJ’s here in Mass is $3.19 a gallon today. Head of lettuce is 5 bucks! Yup seriously, a head of iceberg lettuce that has zero nutritional value!
My mom told me about the price of lettuce a while back. That's crazy because here it's still around $1.00 and Romain which is all I buy is $2.00. Also the size of them are much larger here because they don't have to peel away 2-3 layers from traveling across the country and wilting. The head I bought 2 days ago weighed in at 1.65 lb so $2.00 isn't bad but for the past 7 years Romaine was only $1,00 here.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My mom told me about the price of lettuce a while back. That's crazy because here it's still around $1.00 and Romain which is all I buy is $2.00. Also the size of them are much larger here because they don't have to peel away 2-3 layers from traveling across the country and wilting. The head I bought 2 days ago weighed in at 1.65 lb so $2.00 isn't bad but for the past 7 years Romaine was only $1,00 here.
That's what we pay here, but we also grow 50% of Romain and lettuce for the country, East coast must be getting it from CA/AZ or Mexico.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I am just starting to pick mine. Started right before Christmas and first thinnings are great. In about 2 weeks should have some heads ready. Red romaine is my favorite. Lettuce is easy to grow in a tent with a 12 hour light cycle.
IMG_3364small.JPG
IMG_3367small.JPG

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator

I just replaced my water heater when propane hit $4.99 a gallon. New one is Hybrid electric that was 2k. Our cost for hot water is now 10% of what heating it with propane was costing so payback will be quick. You have to spend money to save money so cry once and go for efficiency.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
$4.60 for 93 here .
Ouch! I just looked at my gasbuddy app for the Denver metro.....lowest is 91 octane (highest we get) for $2.89/gal in Thorton CO (just north of Denver)
Still pretty good.....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am just starting to pick mine. Started right before Christmas and first thinnings are great. In about 2 weeks should have some heads ready. Red romaine is my favorite. Lettuce is easy to grow in a tent with a 12 hour light cycle.
IMG_3364small.JPG
IMG_3367small.JPG
That's the way to do it over there. Much better than getting those wilted scrawny heads in the stores there and you don't have to worry about pesticides. I too love red romaine and we will sometimes buy one of each and mix our salads. We eat a lot of fruits/vegetables and strange as it may sound food prices are one of a few reasons we decided to stay here for a little while longer. With all the stores we have there's a lot of competition so they still have some really good sales. My mom was telling me last summer that cherries were going for $7.00/lb there. :eek: I sent her a picture of a sale here where they were just over $1.00. Crazy how there's such a huge difference in prices.

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Eggs are jumping up here too Ed. They use to be on sale all the time for .99 and now the prices are the same as yours. Annie just took these on Friday because she couldn't believe how much they were now. :eek: But in some eyes the economy is doing fine.:rolleyes:

IMG_0777 copy.jpg

IMG_0778 copy.jpg
It's crazy how much everything is going up. Eggs are a little cheaper ($7) here in south TN, and that's at Walmart!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.