Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Here in GA I believe the suspension of gas tax just ended. All gas prices went up.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I predict: Prices will stop falling..

Need any other predictions just let me know..
They’ve already stopped here & are back up over $3.00 per gallon. About $3.09 & rising.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Its an option. But no I act like an old man and piss and moan all the time.
When prices are up I also drive like an old man an baby it. Probably doesn't make much difference in the end but I can't help but do it lol.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Prices have been increasing in MD for the last week ++.

Lower gas prices are great for headlines and most of us as common drivers... if we want to fix inflation, the economy and the insane prices we are paying in stores we need to get the cost of diesel down.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
This is political but not for or against any one particular party - if the Republicans were in the White House they would do the same thing so don't anyone get their feathers in a ruffle over this.

Gas Prices are subject to three forces - supply, demand, and political manipulation.
All indications are that supply should be dropping and demand increasing as we head into winter. Currently the US is propping up the European Heating Oil Market and that competes for Hydro-Carbons out of the same barrels of oil that our gasoline comes from.

In an economy that has started to shudder and slow under near double digit inflation, gas prices rising is a horribly unpopular outcome. Hard to keep the populous supporting your efforts in Ukraine if they have to choose between Ukrainians starving or their kids starving. Pretty soon America doesn't care as much. Sure we'll wear a yellow and blue ribbon, but no more millions and no more HIMARS, no more Hummers, no more Buffalos, and no more BFV's.

This dip in gas prices was a manipulation to keep the people happy and focused on the holidays and not gathering in groups to stew over the price of gas and blame leadership. It will go up and as we get into February it will go way up.

My prediction is that in two years, "Make America Great Again," is replaced with "Make America Affordable Again." Price of Gas will be a big part of that. And don't tell me that EV's solve that problem. There will have to be a huge effort to upgrade our electrical infrastructure and that costs money. Your electric bill is about to match your gas bill. Not to mention that today, 80% of the fuel that goes into the US Electric grid is Fossil Fuel Hydro Carbons. Add more EVs and we will burn more coal and natural gas because those fuels scale up faster than wind and photovoltaic (solar). So now you will pay more for gas, and you will pay more for coal and you will pay more for the electricity that that coal produced to get to your house.

Transportation is a three legged bar stool and they keep trying to kick one of the legs out from under it.

Again - Both parties to blame here this isn't pro / anti either one. Remember - the left wing and the right wing are connected to the same chicken in the middle.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I just saw a video about the cost of lithium going up 10x this year due to changes to the Africa exportation laws. From power tools to electric cars big price increases are on the horizon. Batteries represent 30% of the cost of most items. It's going to be an interesting year. I couldn't believe eggs are almost $7.00 a dozen here while out shopping yesterday. We're $1.89 dozen a couple weeks ago. Gas prices are the least of our worries now because you can live without gas but can't live without food and heat. Time to go back to the horse and carriage like all the Amish around here use.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just saw a video about the cost of lithium going up 10x this year due to changes to the Africa exportation laws. From power tools to electric cars big price increases are on the horizon. Batteries represent 30% of the cost of most items. It's going to be an interesting year. I couldn't believe eggs are almost $7.00 a dozen here while out shopping yesterday. We're $1.89 dozen a couple weeks ago. Gas prices are the least of our worries now because you can live without gas but can't live without food and heat. Time to go back to the horse and carriage like all the Amish around here use.
Eggs are jumping up here too Ed. They use to be on sale all the time for .99 and now the prices are the same as yours. Annie just took these on Friday because she couldn't believe how much they were now. :eek: But in some eyes the economy is doing fine.:rolleyes:

IMG_0777 copy.jpg

IMG_0778 copy.jpg

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Eggs are jumping up here too Ed. They use to be on sale all the time for .99 and now the prices are the same as yours. Annie just took these on Friday because she couldn't believe how much they were now. :eek: But in some eyes the economy is doing fine.:rolleyes:

IMG_0777 copy.jpg

IMG_0778 copy.jpg
Get some chickens next spring before they outlaw them and if anyone ever tries to give them a PCR test treat em to a Winchester dinner.

Garden too. I saw a single red pepper is $2.25 now, holy crap.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.