Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
A couple years ago I got an Osburn 1600 insert. It is fed with free firewood and endless supply of free pallets. where I currently work, pays to have pallets disposed of(like most places) The only draw back is the dogs bogart ALL the heat
KIMG1209.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
A couple years ago I got an Osburn 1600 insert. It is fed with free firewood and endless supply of free pallets. where I currently work, pays to have pallets disposed of(like most places) The only draw back is the dogs bogart ALL the heat
KIMG1209.JPG
Good for the dog, he/she looks like a very good boy/girl.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
I do miss the early covid price of just under $1. We drove all over then with zero care in the world. $25 fill ups was amazing.
I know right... unprecedented times, but amazing gas prices.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
One good thing is that it looks like Diesel is not increasing, which is odd.
Odd, but shhhhh don't say anything.. we can't jinx it.

Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
MW_GasPrices_DEC30.png

Gas prices have been reliably falling month over month since this summer’s record highs. Last week, 22 states had an average gas price under $3.00. Texas led the way with an average gas price of $2.70.

Demand Is Still Lower than Last Year
Current gas demand in the US is still 300,000 barrels per day lower than this time last year. And that’s even after demand grew from 8.26 million to 8.71 million barrels per day in mid-December.
Even with upticks in demand, gas supply in the US grew by more than 2.5 million barrels.

Prices Should Continue Falling in New Year
Here’s what AAA spokesperson Andrew Gross had to say about the ongoing fall in prices.
“The cost of oil, gasoline’s main ingredient, has been hovering in the low-to-mid $70s per barrel, and that’s $50 less than the peak last Spring. Combined with low seasonal demand, gas prices could slide a bit more before leveling off.”
If supply continues to outpace demand and demand remains lower through the winter, these declining prices will likely continue.

How Does This Impact Car Prices?
Filling up a tank of gas is a minuscule expense compared with purchasing a new car. But the two prices will always be inextricably tied.
As gas prices rise, we see buyers favor fuel-efficient cars. That means buyers are buying fewer non-work trucks, performance cars, and large SUVs.
Prices go so high this summer that we were seeing people giving up gas altogether, choosing to make the switch to an EV or give public transit a try.
But now that gas prices have fallen for a prolonged period of time, we see a large uptick in the quantity and prices of the less fuel-efficient cars on our marketplace.
So if you’ve been thinking about selling a gas guzzler, do it before gas prices go back up in the spring.
Gas prices here have gone up 37 cents since last week

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
Christ..... I should've left for Colorado last week and took advantage of the cheap gas.....

Oh well, I pulled my 91 Octane tune off. Running the cheap stuff across I80 and putting it back on as soon as I get back.

Good luck all. Soon it will be $15 to fill my motorcycle again and that will be proof we are SCREWED

Azhang253

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
Filled up at 2.86 last week 3.16 today :(

I know probably just normal fluctuations, but 2.86 was niiice

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Christ..... I should've left for Colorado last week and took advantage of the cheap gas.....

Oh well, I pulled my 91 Octane tune off. Running the cheap stuff across I80 and putting it back on as soon as I get back.

Good luck all. Soon it will be $15 to fill my motorcycle again and that will be proof we are SCREWED
It's already over $15 to fill my street glide. Six gallons at over $4 a gallon. I usually have 2 gallons left when I fill up. I had a V rod an my buddy currently has one. 3.5 gallon tank makes it cheap to fill up but you fill up every other day

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I burn 100 gallons of diesel a year in my compact tractors for mowing and snow clearing. the summer price increases really hurt worse when looking at how much it costs to fill 5 gallon cans with diesel at almost $6.00 a gallon last summer. Hopefully they don't let it go to $7.00 like predicted if we don't open leases start pumping our own again :crying:.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's up another .30 since the beginning of the week. :facepalm: I got gas today (91) and it's now $3.64/gal! The week before Christmas premium was at $3.05/gal so in two weeks it's shot up almost .60. :curse:

IMG_8161.jpg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
the following image may offend some. fair warning. no its not photo shopped. remember going to 7 11 getting gas and slurpee big gulp and getting change back from a twenty???
1673150504114.png

that was back when transitioning meant changing jobs...

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I live in south eastern Massachusetts and gas has been dropping 3 or 4 cents every week since Thanksgiving. Most of the stations I pass on a regular basis dropped 4 cents yesterday. It is $3.19/gal with the loyalty card at the station I frequent the most. Surprisingly the Mobil and Shell stations in the area are making the cheapest places, they have traditionally been the most expensive. If you can find gas for less than $3/gal but it is not worth driving to find them.

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
MW_GasPrices_DEC30.png

Gas prices have been reliably falling month over month since this summer’s record highs. Last week, 22 states had an average gas price under $3.00. Texas led the way with an average gas price of $2.70.

Demand Is Still Lower than Last Year
Current gas demand in the US is still 300,000 barrels per day lower than this time last year. And that’s even after demand grew from 8.26 million to 8.71 million barrels per day in mid-December.
Even with upticks in demand, gas supply in the US grew by more than 2.5 million barrels.

Prices Should Continue Falling in New Year
Here’s what AAA spokesperson Andrew Gross had to say about the ongoing fall in prices.
“The cost of oil, gasoline’s main ingredient, has been hovering in the low-to-mid $70s per barrel, and that’s $50 less than the peak last Spring. Combined with low seasonal demand, gas prices could slide a bit more before leveling off.”
If supply continues to outpace demand and demand remains lower through the winter, these declining prices will likely continue.

How Does This Impact Car Prices?
Filling up a tank of gas is a minuscule expense compared with purchasing a new car. But the two prices will always be inextricably tied.
As gas prices rise, we see buyers favor fuel-efficient cars. That means buyers are buying fewer non-work trucks, performance cars, and large SUVs.
Prices go so high this summer that we were seeing people giving up gas altogether, choosing to make the switch to an EV or give public transit a try.
But now that gas prices have fallen for a prolonged period of time, we see a large uptick in the quantity and prices of the less fuel-efficient cars on our marketplace.
So if you’ve been thinking about selling a gas guzzler, do it before gas prices go back up in the spring.
China is opening up again. Prices will jump drastically over the summer.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I live in south eastern Massachusetts and gas has been dropping 3 or 4 cents every week since Thanksgiving. Most of the stations I pass on a regular basis dropped 4 cents yesterday. It is $3.19/gal with the loyalty card at the station I frequent the most. Surprisingly the Mobil and Shell stations in the area are making the cheapest places, they have traditionally been the most expensive. If you can find gas for less than $3/gal but it is not worth driving to find them.
Went by my go to station this morning and it was down another 6 cents to $3.13/gal.

Also, yesterday the wife and I went to Costco which is about 12 miles away. As we drove through Brockton every station we passed was at $3.0x or $2.9x per gallon.

In my 50+ years of driving gas prices have always gone down over the winter do to reduced demand and the fact that winter blend gas is less costly to refine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.