Sticking around for a few more years…

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Well I decided to purchase my own Ranger coming off lease….what better used car could I find than my own! I have a 2019 HPR Lariat FX4. It was my first truck and my first FORD! I am thrilled to keep it. It has been a great truck and look forward to many more years with it! ( Plus it has all the deleted items lol….engine cover, embossed Ranger seats, hood struts, aluminum suspension etc.!!! Lol ) Plus none of my mods have to come off…..
Happy Holidays to you all!!!!

66CBE2C0-B008-4FCC-9E44-6E36E1F196C3.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good decision! With the high cost of everything out there today and knowing the history of the truck it's best to stick with it then venture to the unknown. Plus like you said it's a 2019.....A collectors item!!! :rockon:?

OP
OP
Jon S.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah very true. I know the complete service history, where it has been and where it has not been etc. Plus until Ford pulls its head out its ass, you can’t find another one without ordering. So I will keep it for a few more years until gen 6 is released then decide. I also still love my truck and still receive compliments almost every week on how nice it is. I have NEVER received as many nice compliments as I have on this vehicle. I have owned over a dozen cars and still catch myself looking back at it as I walk away…..
And yes, it does have a damper so how could I give that up….lol

Happy Holidays all!!!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I also still love my truck
the only car I love more than my ranger is the hearse. I'll sit in it with dog riding shotgun acting like I'm 5 and pretending to drive it making vroom vroom noises. the dum dog thinks we're going somewhere

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Well I decided to purchase my own Ranger coming off lease….what better used car could I find than my own! I have a 2019 HPR Lariat FX4. It was my first truck and my first FORD! I am thrilled to keep it. It has been a great truck and look forward to many more years with it! ( Plus it has all the deleted items lol….engine cover, embossed Ranger seats, hood struts, aluminum suspension etc.!!! Lol ) Plus none of my mods have to come off…..
Happy Holidays to you all!!!!

66CBE2C0-B008-4FCC-9E44-6E36E1F196C3.jpeg
Approve the color ?

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Good decision! With the high cost of everything out there today and knowing the history of the truck it's best to stick with it then venture to the unknown. Plus like you said it's a 2019.....A collectors item!!! :rockon:?
Harry accurately describes MY19 Ranger owners at the very end ???

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Yes Jonathan a very smart idea to keep your sweet looking Ranger. It looks like you have done a fare amount of mods to her too! Great looking truck to say the least!

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
the only car I love more than my ranger is the hearse. I'll sit in it with dog riding shotgun acting like I'm 5 and pretending to drive it making vroom vroom noises. the dum dog thinks we're going somewhere
Just the dog thinks that?

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Just the dog thinks that?
yes only the dog :rolleyes: and in my imagination it also has 3 on the tree sometimes 5 on the floor and I have to push the dog out of the way to get into fifth. if you believe my story I have some damper-free ocean front property in Arizona.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Yeah very true. I know the complete service history, where it has been and where it has not been etc. Plus until Ford pulls its head out its ass, you can’t find another one without ordering. So I will keep it for a few more years until gen 6 is released then decide. I also still love my truck and still receive compliments almost every week on how nice it is. I have NEVER received as many nice compliments as I have on this vehicle. I have owned over a dozen cars and still catch myself looking back at it as I walk away…..

Happy Holidays all!!!
Ok so I'm not the only one that gets compliments on their truck. I personally thought my Focus ST was more of a looker than my Ranger, but I get way more compliments on the Ranger.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC

Happy Holidays all!!!
And also your residual buyout number is 2019 money before the pandemic and shortage of all things raised the cost more than a normal year so that’s a built in savings over a new vehicle lease buyout dollars today.

OP
OP
Jon S.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it was. My residual was much less than KBB trade in value lol! Retail was much higher also. So I kinda have myself a great deal! Like I said, with this upside down car market, I kinda made some money and got to keep great car.

One other point…

I live in NEPA ( northeast PA - for all you non - PA people lol ) and we just had a bunch of snow. What a great feeling to have a true 4WD in the crappy weather and to be able to drive by all the AWD’s in their supposed “sport utility vehicles” I am sure my damper helped with snow…..
Sponsored

Last edited: