First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I think it's good to have someone like your wife who can give you that little extra "push" at times. Funny because that's how I am and when Annie fell hiking on vacation and when we knew there was no serious damage I kind of did the same. I made her walk on it and stretch out the muscles so they didn't get frozen in one spot. She wasn't happy about it and at times we had a few "words" but I understand she was in pain and she knew I was only trying to help. Now today she's doing a lot better, had very little pain and says she's glad I pushed her to walk and stretch. I think because it happened on day 3 and we were on the go for 27 more days it's going to take longer to heal.

I went through a frozen shoulder years ago and the PT was grueling. They bend and twist you into positions you never thought you could get into. So I kept reminding her that if it's not me it's going to be someone with a lot less compassion and you're going to hate it even more than you do now.

I'm still not sure she'd pick me again for her coach.?
100% right about the pushing. Truth be told, I would have been dead long ago had I not met Mary (long ago, our daughter is 38, how did that happen!).

As far as picking her again, it isn’t like I would have a choice. ;)

I went through the exact same thing you did with the shoulder, mine was a mild rotator cuff. I still have a pop when I go through the painful arc, but the PT was a miracle (but really hard) gift.

The gal was did my Pt for me on my shoulder is the one who will do my PT on my hip. My insurance refused me on her (probably a negotiation tactic on rates), so I am going to pay it out of pocket, she is really terrific.
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
100% right about the pushing. Truth be told, I would have been dead long ago had I not met Mary (long ago, our daughter is 38, how did that happen!).

As far as picking her again, it isn’t like I would have a choice. ;)

I went through the exact same thing you did with the shoulder, mine was a mild rotator cuff. I still have a pop when I go through the painful arc, but the PT was a miracle (but really hard) gift.

The gal was did my Pt for me on my shoulder is the one who will do my PT on my hip. My insurance refused me on her (probably a negotiation tactic on rates), so I am going to pay it out of pocket, she is really terrific.
Something that I have found to actually be really helpful with stuff like that is osteopathic therapy, IDK if you have any DO's near you but they are trained in a bunch of like manipulation and pressure therapies that are super helpful and actually feel nice as well

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
That sounds fantastic as well compliment the light sweetness and savory of the salmon while still being healthy, the vanilla vinaigrette sounds very interesting what exactly is in it?
I will get the exact recipe for you, but it is roasted walnut oil (comes in an old time Brake fluid style can), champagne vinegar (I think anyway, Mary buys it, comes in a fancy frosted glass) and whole vanilla beans. We soak the vanilla beans in the oil/vinegar most of the day and then split them open and scrape the inside marrow out and it goes back into the dressing, whisked for a few minutes and then onto the watercress to be tossed. The hardest part (for me) is not putting too much dress8ng on. Mary is the master of just the right amount of dressing. The watercress gets wilted really easily.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I will get the exact recipe for you, but it is roasted walnut oil (comes in an old time Brake fluid style can), champagne vinegar (I think anyway, Mary buys it, comes in a fancy frosted glass) and whole vanilla beans. We soak the vanilla beans in the oil/vinegar most of the day and then split them open and scrape the inside marrow out and it goes back into the dressing, whisked for a few minutes and then onto the watercress to be tossed. The hardest part (for me) is not putting too much dress8ng on. Mary is the master of just the right amount of dressing. The watercress gets wilted really easily.
That sounds really delicious, could also be good for a marinade as well, I would have never thought to use vanilla but its honestly kinda brilliant

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
That sounds really delicious, could also be good for a marinade as well, I would have never thought to use vanilla but its honestly kinda brilliant
It has been so long that we have been enjoying it, no way I would remember how it came about. Mary thinks things up all the time. She is very right brained, very artistic, very amazing when I bite into something and ask, where did you get that recipe? And she responds, “I just thought it up”. Being the exact opposite (pure left brained, zero creative ability), it always blows me away, even after all these years.

One tip is I get the whole vanilla beans at Costco. They don’t always have them, but when they do, I stock up because if you buy them (when they are available) at a local supermarket, they are stratospherically expense and really puny.

One Time I was at our local Costco and it had been a long time since they had carried them (I think they actually had a crop failure or something in like Madagascar) and a Costco employee approached me near the mile long checkout line and asked if I had found everything? I told her Idid, exceptI hadn’t seen their whole vanilla beans in a long time (they come in long glass tube in a plastic vacuum pack). She wrote it down and thanked me for telling her. About a month or so later I found them in their regular spot in the spice aisle. Costco is a pretty amazing retailer.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
It has been so long that we have been enjoying it, no way I would remember how it came about. Mary thinks things up all the time. She is very right brained, very artistic, very amazing when I bite into something and ask, where did you get that recipe? And she responds, “I just thought it up”. Being the exact opposite (pure left brained, zero creative ability), it always blows me away, even after all these years.

One tip is I get the whole vanilla beans at Costco. They don’t always have them, but when they do, I stock up because if you buy them (when they are available) at a local supermarket, they are stratospherically expense and really puny.

One Time I was at our local Costco and it had been a long time since they had carried them (I think they actually had a crop failure or something in like Madagascar) and a Costco employee approached me near the mile long checkout line and asked if I had found everything? I told her Idid, exceptI hadn’t seen their whole vanilla beans in a long time (they come in long glass tube in a plastic vacuum pack). She wrote it down and thanked me for telling her. About a month or so later I found them in their regular spot in the spice aisle. Costco is a pretty amazing retailer.
I feel like her and I would get along really well lol I am pretty right brained as well, I will just think up random stuff and try it sometimes it works sometimes not so much lol. And we absolutely love costco but it always seems like they get rid of the stuff we like lol

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I feel like her and I would get along really well lol I am pretty right brained as well, I will just think up random stuff and try it sometimes it works sometimes not so much lol. And we absolutely love costco but it always seems like they get rid of the stuff we like lol
You two really do sound a lot alike. If you pushed hard a all on the right side of my head, it would probably cave like an egg shell.

I am (or was, lost a few steps in recent times) pretty good with numbers, mechanical, tech stuff, but I can’t tell you the number of times we are getting ready to go somewhere and she will say, “are you going to wear that?”, form of a question, disguised as, “you idiot, none of that goes together!” Over the years Iearned to ask what colors went together, etc.

Mary on the other hand can remember colors, shades of them even. One time we were shopping at a department store together and she picked up a sweater and said, “this matches exactly that skirt I have”. I knew the one she was talking about as it was a very vivid lime green color, a color that was super easy to be off, just a little. She bought it and brought it home. Dead on exact same color. I will never forget that, she said when I mentioned how amazed I was, “yeah, I have always been able to remember colors exactly.” Pretty sure that isn’t a thing you learn in school. :)

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
You two really do sound a lot alike. If you pushed hard a all on the right side of my head, it would probably cave like an egg shell.

I am (or was, lost a few steps in recent times) pretty good with numbers, mechanical, tech stuff, but I can’t tell you the number of times we are getting ready to go somewhere and she will say, “are you going to wear that?”, form of a question, disguised as, “you idiot, none of that goes together!” Over the years Iearned to ask what colors went together, etc.

Mary on the other hand can remember colors, shades of them even. One time we were shopping at a department store together and she picked up a sweater and said, “this matches exactly that skirt I have”. I knew the one she was talking about as it was a very vivid lime green color, a color that was super easy to be off, just a little. She bought it and brought it home. Dead on exact same color. I will never forget that, she said when I mentioned how amazed I was, “yeah, I have always been able to remember colors exactly.” Pretty sure that isn’t a thing you learn in school. :)
Sounds like you found someone who compliments you very well! I think I am kinda in the middle with some aspects, I love doing mechanical stuff and making things I am absolutely a very touch oriented person, hate math though despite the fact that my job and one of my favorite hobbies require a lot of it lol

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like you found someone who compliments you very well! I think I am kinda in the middle with some aspects, I love doing mechanical stuff and making things I am absolutely a very touch oriented person, hate math though despite the fact that my job and one of my favorite hobbies require a lot of it lol
Definitely complimentary, although I think even she would admit, I got the better deal. ;)

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely complimentary, although I think even she would admit, I got the better deal. ;)
compliments your weaknesses, has some sass and can cook I would say you did real good lol but don't sell yourself short either after all you compliment hers as well

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Bill, I am glad your recovery is going well, but sorry that it is slow. My BIL a retired firefighter, had both of his hips replaced many years apart. I know it isn't fun but your lucky to have a wife who takes care of and helps guide you. I just recently had a skin abscess on my back and there is no way I could care for it myself. My wife is on top of cleaning it and bandaging it daily. I will need minor surgery later to finish the process, but I rely on her to get me thru this. She is definitely an upgrade compared to me, Ha Ha.

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks so much Chuck, I really appreciate the well wishes. I hope you beat me to the finish line on your recovery.

You are so right about our better halves. In my case, the definition is truth. ;)

Today we were discussing next week’s schedule as I have my first PT on Monday and my first follow up visit with the surgeon on Friday. Mary was saying how she was going to rearrange her normal schedule so she could go with me to the appointments. I told her she didn’t need to go with me to those appointments. She just looked at me like I was out of my mind and said, “You didn’t tell me the truck had autopilot…”

I guess I haven’t cut the painkillers as much as I thought I had. ;)

OP
OP
deleriumtremor

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
So I think we are done with this thread, maybe ready for the round file? :)

Here is a picture of my new hip. The doc told me I am done with the meds and I have no further restrictions other than just letting any soreness after activity to guide me to when I am ready for more. Yea!

31C74298-F32F-4080-8F3F-C174C7B708E8.jpeg

Thanks again to all for all the well wishes and fun running dialog.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
y

Here is a picture of my new hip. The doc told me I am done with the meds and I have no further restrictions other than just letting any soreness after activity to guide me to when I am ready for more. Yea!

thanks for not cropping out your junk, no need for a testy exam now , they look fine ...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

That't great news Bill! Glad to see you're off the meds and on the road to a full recovery. Now you'll be able to get back in your Ranger, that is if Mary gives it back to you. o_O

Just remember now there's no blaming the Meds of all those threads that went "Off Topic". ??
Sponsored