Ford Performance

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been trying to decide if the $250 install from dealer is worth it for any warranty issues. Thank you
Depends on your mileage. I was out of warranty, so did it myself. Very simple to do.
Sponsored

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
People really talking about 5 star as if two of the trucks they tuned, that we know of, didn't have catastrophic engine failures?

I wouldn't use them as an authority on anything Ranger or tuning related. And I certainly wouldn't put any of their shit in my truck.
Regardless, it’s in line with Ford’s specs for the Bronco 2.3L difference between 87 and 93 octane ratings. Also Explorer is up there at 93 octane rating as well.

I can only assume Ford didn’t rate at 93 octane to sell more Ford Performance tunes.

Reactions: Doc

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Get one of these from @AzScorpion and you’re golden ?

81F778D8-F454-47FC-BA23-FDB651F84195.jpeg
Be careful with that type recommendation. Not just any driver has the necessary skillset to adequately handle such an intense modification.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Was really having a tough time deciding between livernois and ford performance tune. Really one of the most difficult decisions I’ve had this week. Finally decided on an engine swap so I can run flex fuel. Who wants to choose between power and economy ?

This machine really deserves its own thread, but maybe it’s old news so I put it here.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Regardless, it’s in line with Ford’s specs for the Bronco 2.3L difference between 87 and 93 octane ratings. Also Explorer is up there at 93 octane rating as well.

I can only assume Ford didn’t rate at 93 octane to sell more Ford Performance tunes.
At this point assume is all we can do.

Given the few power and torque numbers listed at the wheels for the stock tune on premium we've seen I'm going to assume that the truck is underrated from the factory.

Ford historically has published EcoBoost numbers with premium fuel.

Here's a dyno chart, forgot the user, on a stock Ranger on premium fuel.

013BD83F-4869-475D-9884-CB307346A954.jpeg

Given this chart and the numbers Ford lists in it's documentation the horsepower and torque numbers show that given a standard 15% parasitic loss the crank numbers should be 307 horsepower and 327 ft/lbs.

Unless you think Ford published horsepower numbers on 87 and torque numbers on premium?

Seems more likely to me that it's simply underreported.

I really don't understand why it matters. The numbers really are irrelevant. Nobody is buying the FP tune for the gains. The only reason to buy it over the others is the warranty.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Was really having a tough time deciding between livernois and ford performance tune. Really one of the most difficult decisions I’ve had this week. Finally decided on an engine swap so I can run flex fuel. Who wants to choose between power and economy ?

This machine really deserves its own thread, but maybe it’s old news so I put it here.
Impressive, but I thought the title of the video meant six five HP engines and was curious how he tied all 6 together.

But I think he would see better performance if he installed a CAI.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
People really talking about 5 star as if two of the trucks they tuned, that we know of, didn't have catastrophic engine failures?

I wouldn't use them as an authority on anything Ranger or tuning related. And I certainly wouldn't put any of their shit in my truck.
I’ve not followed the saga, as that thread is like thousands of shitposts, but didn’t they cover the damage under warranty? Weren’t those trucks pretty modified in terms of other bolt ons?

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
My Ranger got a early Christmas present…. Not sure why Ford doesn’t make them this way from the factory, shifts better and responds to the go pedal is much improved. If your on the fence, this is money we’ll spent.

IMG_4578.jpg
BOUGHT ONE AS SOON AS THEY CAME OUT AND HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
For those that are interested in whether their fuel octane is on par with their OEM or aftermarket tune, there is a item you can log to see that information. It is called "octane adjust ratio". Cobb has a good write up on it and what it tells you. I can log this with my SCT Live Link logging software, but it may be possible to monitor it with the Ford Performance handheld tuner directly as well if it allows you to configure the live data monitoring.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/ford-ecoboost-and-the-octane-adjust-ratio-monitor/

Saucy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor, 2019 Hyundai Kona
Occupation
Software Slave
I know this has been asked a million times, but there's different answers depending on who you ask here.. so let me bring this up for the 1,000,001st time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My understanding is the Ford Performance Tune does not effect the factory warranty (first page bold letters), and the 3/36 stated here > https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf only applies to the device itself (mm so helpful)? Great, so why are there still concerns being brought up for those of us with new / new-ish trucks and installing the FPT?

I've only ever filled with 91, and will continue to do so. It's the highest octane they sell at my elevation, so that's no problem...But what about towing? Someone mentioned that you have to go to a Livernois or other aftermarket tune with different maps to accommodate those of us that use our Rangers for lots of towing... Can I not flash the standard FPT map and simply enable tow mode when hooked up? I believe another thread addressed this concern was resolved... anything I'm missing here?

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
It's bananas....I know I know....you've got to pay to play .....but today locally.....1 performance pack for my Ranger is like 3 heads of lettuce....just kidding.

But seriously though...yeah....Livernois, 5 star they probably could be had for less.....call me a sucker for vendor specific items....it might be my male version of having matching Gucci watch with Gucci shoes???...which by the way I have neither of both.

There is an outfit locally that has hooked me up with a US address so buying one isn't too hard ....but still upwards around $1100 to purchase then I have to make a 3 hour pilgrimage to Toronto to pick it up.
Ford performance parts online 20% off with coupon code (FESTIVE20) List price $900. take 20% off =$720 Still not C.A.R.B approved for Calif.