Easy Auto Start / Stop eliminator

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Reading the manual... if anything is plugged into the 110 outlet, Auto start/stop is disabled...

"Any of the following conditions may resultin an automatic restart of the engine:
•The blower fan speed is increased orthe climate control temperature is changed.
•An electrical accessory is turned on or plugged in."

So, I found a nightlight I had handy... plugged it in, and even with the nightlight off... auto start / stop was disabled... I think.

I'm thinking any 3-prong plug/block off item may be considered 'plugged in'... doesn't have to actually use any power...

IMG_20190703_060737[1].jpg
IMG_20190703_060750[1].jpg

I haven't tested it yet as I was just thinking about it while getting ready for work so hope this is right, apologies if it isn't the case.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Reading the manual... if anything is plugged into the 110 outlet, Auto start/stop is disabled...

"Any of the following conditions may resultin an automatic restart of the engine:
•The blower fan speed is increased orthe climate control temperature is changed.
•An electrical accessory is turned on or plugged in."

So, I found a nightlight I had handy... plugged it in, and even with the nightlight off... auto start / stop was disabled... I think.

I'm thinking any 3-prong plug/block off item may be considered 'plugged in'... doesn't have to actually use any power...

IMG_20190703_060737[1].jpg
IMG_20190703_060750[1].jpg

I haven't tested it yet as I was just thinking about it while getting ready for work so hope this is right, apologies if it isn't the case.
Good job on your excellent discovery. Night light= 3 bucks. The other solution $89.95 plus labor time. Kudos bud!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm wondering if those cheap plastic child proof outlet plugs would work...will try later as I don't have any handy. Those would be low profile and allow closing the cover.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like it works but whatever is plugged in has to be using some energy. Someone else mentioned they were using an old laptop and kept it plugged in and that's what got me thinking about the nightlight idea. I don't know if an LED nightlight draws enough current to trigger the system to not stop.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it works but whatever is plugged in has to be using some energy. Someone else mentioned they were using an old laptop and kept it plugged in and that's what got me thinking about the nightlight idea. I don't know if an LED nightlight draws enough current to trigger the system to not stop.
I just used a 2 to 3 prong adapter and it worked (the little A circled with a slash through it appeared)....I only started the engine in the garage, but will see how long it lasts later. Wish I had a child proof outlet cover....

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just used a 2 to 3 prong adapter and it worked (the little A circled with a slash through it appeared)....I only started the engine in the garage, but will see how long it lasts later. Wish I had a child proof outlet cover....
Yeah, it works in the garage but when you actually drive it, it won't... needs some power usage, that was my experience.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it works in the garage but when you actually drive it, it won't... needs some power usage, that was my experience.
Well, crap....back to the drawing board.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The things you creative guys will do to justify avoiding to hit an extra button on the console to shut it off every drive.
I don't mind hitting it every time but so far I can't get into that habit and with this cheap option, I don't have to.. so works for me... now, I'm cheap so anything over 10 bucks and I'm not gonna do it.. lol

Hollisterpat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2x2
Tried the AC option using iPhone charger and did disable the function as long as the phone was attached. Removing it resulted in default auto start/stop functionality

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I had this simple usb charger that lights up when plugged in.
Fixed the auto-start function. :clap:

Any USB 110v charger will work if you don’t care for the lights.

C8F7AA51-514E-4B29-AB97-C6A8364D9056.jpeg

Last edited: