Support group for those waiting for their Ranger MY22

superfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Civic Si, 2022 Ranger SuperCab XLT (Built)
Mine got in this week, only a week behind the shipping estimate. Really pleased with how agile it is, feels like a dune buggy. Will be interesting to see how it tows. Arrived with auto start stop delete. Only hiccup was the dealer forgot to plug in the tailgate harness when they did the spray in... Giving me lots of confidence for future work there :rolleyes:.

20220805_155759 (1).jpg

20220805_160014.jpg
Sponsored

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanting to confirm that Blue Window Stickers are stock orders and green window tickers are the retail orders, correct? What color is everyone's window sticker?
Blue = Retail order Focus ST
Red = Ford Performance Focus RS
Green = Ordered Ranger
Green = Ordered Mustang Mach 1
Window stickers framed.jpg

Cheryl

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Taurus SHO
Occupation
Accountant
I am so glad I went for the Ranger instead of the Maverick. A Maverick parked next to my Taurus at the grocery store this morning and it was a tossup as to which was taller. I wouldn't have been happy with the Maverick.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
I am so glad I went for the Ranger instead of the Maverick. A Maverick parked next to my Taurus at the grocery store this morning and it was a tossup as to which was taller. I wouldn't have been happy with the Maverick.
I think they're great lil' trucks!
Okay, that was a lie. I think they're hot garbage.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I looked at a Maverick 1st, and it only took looking at it to know that I would want the Ranger.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Well, my window sticker came available today, as my blend date is 8/11. It does show the LED delete with a $500 credit, but that is a show stopper for me. If my dealer canā€™t/wonā€™t install them for the original price, or give me an additional discount to purchase quality LEDs aftermarket, I am walking away. It is completely frustrating to see dealer stock inventory Lariats being built this week WITH the LED headlights still installed, and those same headlights deleted for those of us that took the time to place an order for the exact truck we wanted. Seems Fordā€™s focus may be on the unknown and spontaneous customer instead of the customer that chose to order and be patient and wait. Feels a bit like a slap in the face and a lack of loyalty to customer on Corporate Fordā€™s part. End even if my Ford dealer comes through, this may be the last Ford product I will own. Just a bad experience from a customer stand point.

So there may be a black Lariat SuperCab (less the LED headlights) available in the north Atlanta suburbs in the next few months.
Well, a bit of an update after doing some further study...
It seems that Ford may have deleted the LED headlights from all the MY22 Lariats beginning in May, even though they are still listed on the Ford website as one of the three upgrades in a Lariat and if you order you can 'choose' to delete them.

My Window Sticker shows the delete and the $500 credit:
1659900198604.png

But compare these other window stickers and blend dates, and notice the difference.
1659900346605.png
1659900565039.png

It seems in looking at these two that in the later builds they deleted the LED Headlights (no longer itemized as part of Standard Equipment at no additional cost), but they also have not given a $500 credit.

So which is it, do we think? Ford only deleted the LED headlamps from the Retail orders, or Ford only offered the $500 credit to the retail orders?

If the latter, and they were a delete for everyone, makes one wonder about transparency and business ethics. If the former, makes one wonder about customer satisfaction. Either way, something seems a bit fishy here...

BRangersoon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Plumber
Well, a bit of an update after doing some further study...
It seems that Ford may have deleted the LED headlights from all the MY22 Lariats beginning in May, even though they are still listed on the Ford website as one of the three upgrades in a Lariat and if you order you can 'choose' to delete them.

My Window Sticker shows the delete and the $500 credit:
1659900198604.png

But compare these other window stickers and blend dates, and notice the difference.
1659900346605.png
1659900565039.png

It seems in looking at these two that in the later builds they deleted the LED Headlights (no longer itemized as part of Standard Equipment at no additional cost), but they also have not given a $500 credit.

So which is it, do we think? Ford only deleted the LED headlamps from the Retail orders, or Ford only offered the $500 credit to the retail orders?

If the latter, and they were a delete for everyone, makes one wonder about transparency and business ethics. If the former, makes one wonder about customer satisfaction. Either way, something seems a bit fishy here...
There are car salesmen!!!!!!!!!!! let us not forget lying is part of the job. If you are looking for business ethics, and transparency doesn't go to a car dealer!!!!! We should know this going to buy a car. Sorry

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
There are car salesmen!!!!!!!!!!! let us not forget lying is part of the job. If you are looking for business ethics, and transparency doesn't go to a car dealer!!!!! We should know this going to buy a car. Sorry
The truth is that most people will have no idea of the delete, or the fact that they are not getting any credit for that expensive omission. Maybe when they go to trade it in and the dealer says 'did you get the Ranger Lariat with or without the LEDs?'

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Same. I was looking at the Maverick early on. Was thinking nice little cheap truck and I was needing to get another vehicle soon anyway so that's what I had planned on after looking at them online only to find none were to be found on a lot. Wound up some guy at the gym had one and I looked at it as I was going in and said that's a lot smaller and low riding than I thought. Let me see what a Ranger looks like, of course it was leprechauns gold on a lot too but I finally got one?

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Actually, lying is not part of their job.
There's bad apples in every industry.
To paint them all as liars is bigotry.

Last edited:

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Actually, lying is not part of their job.
There's bad apples in evey industry.
To paint them all as liars is bigotry.
I agree with that, but being in sales I know how 'Sales Enablement' training goes and how corporate wants you to have those conversations with the customer, meaning what to talk about and what to NOT talk about. And on top of that there will be a lot of 'direction' from local dealerships and sales managers as well as how transparent they are with customers. And finally, in the current market, maybe customers just won't care!

The sad thing will be I bet there are a lot of Lariat owners that will NOT get the credit for the LED headlights and then will go out and order the aftermarket LEDs.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I agree with that, but being in sales I know how 'Sales Enablement' training goes and how corporate wants you to have those conversations with the customer, meaning what to talk about and what to NOT talk about. And on top of that there will be a lot of 'direction' from local dealerships and sales managers as well as how transparent they are with customers. And finally, in the current market, maybe customers just won't care!

The sad thing will be I bet there are a lot of Lariat owners that will NOT get the credit for the LED headlights and then will go out and order the aftermarket LEDs.
They're paid to sway opinions. And yes, I fully understand many take liberties they shouldn't.