First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Drivers side hand hold on the pillar. Wonder if that will be on NA trucks. Finally, a bumper step.

I don't hate it, but I won't upgrade for another ICE only vehicle.

Wanderlust64

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rusted out '98 Ram, a couple of CJ-7's
Occupation
Long Tern Peon
I don't have a dog in this fight, as I've just recently started seriously looking at Rangers to replace my clapped out Ram. Lurking on this forum has certainly been enlightening & informative, so I do have to thank everyone here for pointing me in a new direction.

That being said, I do like the way it looks. As far as getting bigger than the current platform, I guess I don't consider increasing the wheelbase & stance by a mere 2" to be anything earth shattering.

I wish the reveal would've showed more of the rear seat seat options that many of you talk about, such as under seat storage, and how the seats fold.

I'm sure the US release will be a little different appearance wise. Engine options are going to interesting, too.

I've got time before putting my money down on anything. I'll wait to see what the US actually gets. In the meantime, I'll enjoy everyone's take on the current trucks.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
You break that headlight and insurance company will total the truck... ?

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
well Ford has accomplished one thing, this will solidify my move from a Ranger to an F150 at some point. at least they did do something good with the HVAC controls

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
Their Australian team polled 5000 Australian owners and made those changes. That's being said, I'm sure Ford has marketing and research people who quietly watch social media and this forum and have a lot of data about what the NA market would like. Now as to whether they do anything with that data...
They polled in a country that buys less than half of what is sold n the US alone without Canada and Mexico. Also, I don't think they are watching much here; quiet or otherwise.

RANGER SALES
2019 AUS 40,960 US 89,571
2020 AUS 40,973 US 101,486

"In the United States, Ford Ranger deliveries totaled 34,205 units in Q2 2021, an increase of about 37 percent compared to 25,008 units sold in Q2 2020. In the first six months of the year, Ranger sales increased about 27 percent to 58,371 units.
Aug 1, 2021"

Yeah, no "polling" needed here. :rolleyes:

bobobama

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Retired (and loving it!)
Wow complaining about the electric PS huh. That’s one of my favorite features of our trucks. Powerful, quiet, no fluid to mess with. What’s not till like. I guess you want carburetors and rear-only ABS to return too huh?
Not really, but I do miss the CD player:crying:.

And you can keep all that traction control stuff.

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
They polled in a country that buys less than half of what is sold n the US alone without Canada and Mexico. Also, I don't think they are watching much here; quiet or otherwise.

RANGER SALES
2019 AUS 40,960 US 89,571
2020 AUS 40,973 US 101,486

"In the United States, Ford Ranger deliveries totaled 34,205 units in Q2 2021, an increase of about 37 percent compared to 25,008 units sold in Q2 2020. In the first six months of the year, Ranger sales increased about 27 percent to 58,371 units.
Aug 1, 2021"

Yeah, no "polling" needed here. :rolleyes:
If they polled me, I'd have responded very favorably.

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black
Oh cool now it looks like an F-150 / Nissan Frontier / Chevy Truck hybrid.

Completely blew it with the squared off fenders, hood, and front fascia IMO.

Now its homogenized like the rest of the market offerings.
I think it looks like a Nissan Frontier had sex with a Ford Maverick and this is the offspring. Glad I got the 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor... the new body looks ugly in my opinion..

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
I think it looks alright. Headlight design looks more effective. Mostly what I care about is what they did about the ergonomics (the arms rests in the current truck are terrible, along with other things). Perspective always changes once you can actually sit in and drive one.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Theae
I think it looks alright. Headlight design looks more effective. Mostly what I care about is what they did about the ergonomics (the arms rests in the current truck are terrible, along with other things). Perspective always changes once you can actually sit in and drive one.
The armrests in the current truck are definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. They're unusable for me, especially the center.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Once again the XLS/STX SuperCab looks like the best offering and certainly the best looking of the bunch The headlights look like the real thing!
The good news is that for my needs there are no real improvements (except maybe that step)
My '19 still looks better and has all the features needed to keep it.(no trades for me) :clap:
How is the SuperCab the best offering? Maybe for your use, but I sure wouldn’t trade my SuperCrew for a SuperCab considering I actually use my rear seat space… Anyhoo…

From what I have read digital gauges only for all models? Maybe it’ll be different in the North American model, but they at least could have done an analog speedo. I am one of the people that actually prefer the current XLT analog gauges.
3E926CDD-F81C-446B-8C6E-43F2B2E3944F.jpeg

Last edited:

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Wow complaining about the electric PS huh. That’s one of my favorite features of our trucks. Powerful, quiet, no fluid to mess with. What’s not till like. I guess you want carburetors and rear-only ABS to return too huh?
Boomers gotta yell at clouds about something.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
How is the SuperCab the best offering? Maybe for your use, but I sure wouldn’t trade my SuperCrew for a SuperCab considering I actually use my rear seat space… Anyhoo…

From what I have read digital gauges only for all models? Maybe it’ll be different in the North American model, but they at least could have done an analog speedo. I am one of the people that actually prefer the current XLT analog gauges.
3E926CDD-F81C-446B-8C6E-43F2B2E3944F.jpeg
Of course, for my use... Same is true of 2WD.
The "coupe" SuperCab has several advantages .
It is quicker and more efficient and has a truck sized box for hauling.
It carries 4 people in more comfort than my Mustang.
(I actually use mine as well)
"Coupes" have always had more Cache' than Sedans.
Subjectively it is better looking than the "Sedan" (CrewCab)
All That and its cheaper!

The CrewCab does make for a great improvement over the average SUV and makes an excellent Family car.
Sponsored