Stopped waiting on a Maverick...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
And I am glad I did. Like the Ranger far more than its little brother. Didn't want to pay over 30 (why on the Maverick), but I snagged a 21' XLT for the same price of what I had on order.

Also, first Ford since my 87 LTD I had 21 years ago. Liked what Ford was doing with the small trucks. I have a one ton Chevy for any really heavy lifting but it's 11mpg self can stay waiting for work even more now.

KIMG0621_02_BURST1000621.JPG
Congratulations! The Ranger is a great truck. Yours is a beauty!
Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
nice whip. welcome to the forum, lots of good info here, and some of the people are alright LOL. and yeah, My AmEx and VISA have been getting a workout buying all the little goodies I didn't even know I needed

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
What are you doing up, can't sleep because your new Ranger is almost here right? :)

I'm trying to be good and not damper every post. Besides it seems like most of the newbies are getting it without my help but rest assured if they need a little nudge me and Terry @FoD are here to help.?

But just in case Patrick needs a little push over to the dark side here's the link to the best mod.?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-2019-2020-ford-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html
You're partially right.
Ranger is in AZ, and I'm supposed to get everything done tomorrow when the doors open at 1000.
We shall see.
And for the record, there has been NO damper on the '19, nor will there be one on the '21. I'm all about retaining what little muscle mass I have left at my advanced age ;)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You're partially right.
Ranger is in AZ, and I'm supposed to get everything done tomorrow when the doors open at 1000.
We shall see.
And for the record, there has been NO damper on the '19, nor will there be one on the '21. I'm all about retaining what little muscle mass I have left at my advanced age ;)

Glad to see your new Ranger is already here. Hopefully you have better luck with this one and it's trouble free.

I'll have to work on you later. Al @Texasota consumes all my time and frankly it's exhausting.?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
With out a damper the continuous effort to lower and raise the tailgate could lead to this...
And he has only owned his Ranger for 2 weeks...

4UYZMZABZQI6FITVVUK3S7MGDI.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
With out a damper the continuous effort to lower and raise the tailgate could lead to this...
And he has only owned his Ranger for 2 weeks...

4UYZMZABZQI6FITVVUK3S7MGDI.jpg
I think maybe he's had enough "arm days" and might want to switch to something else for a bit!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
What are you doing up, can't sleep because your new Ranger is almost here right? :)

I'm trying to be good and not damper every post. Besides it seems like most of the newbies are getting it without my help but rest assured if they need a little nudge me and Terry @FoD are here to help.?

But just in case Patrick needs a little push over to the dark side here's the link to the best mod.?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-2019-2020-ford-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html
1637426690219.png

Not to start a rumor or anything, but Al (@Texasota ) is the closet damper installer for all new folks....?

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
After a full day with it in Houston traffic... Mad respect for whoever had to program a 10 speed auto paired to a turbo 4.

Only "annoyance" is the headrest.. I'm not short and it doesn't extend enough, but it's minor and I doubt I'll notice after a week.

And I wasn't going to get a damper until one of my twins nearly knocked themselves out not paying attention and opening it......

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After a full day with it in Houston traffic... Mad respect for whoever had to program a 10 speed auto paired to a turbo 4.

Only "annoyance" is the headrest.. I'm not short and it doesn't extend enough, but it's minor and I doubt I'll notice after a week.

And I wasn't going to get a damper until one of my twins nearly knocked themselves out not paying attention and opening it......
Glad no one was injured Patrick. Sometimes the tranny can lug in traffic and you can lock out the higher gears with the + button on the side of the shifter.

See Al @Texasota a damper is a very useful (safety) mod whether you want to believe it or not. :wink:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Glad no one was injured Patrick. Sometimes the tranny can lug in traffic and you can lock out the higher gears with the + button on the side of the shifter.

See Al @Texasota a damper is a very useful (safety) mod whether you want to believe it or not. :wink:
Utilizing tow mode solves the lugging issue. I might consider a damper if grandchildren are in the future.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Utilizing tow mode solves the lugging issue. I might consider a damper if grandchildren are in the future.
You don't know how happy it makes me to hear you say this. :giggle:?

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Don't put that evil on me.. my oldest might be getting married soon.

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I know it’s the weekend, but lay off the hard stuff and get a hold of yourself, man!