First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
And I am glad I did. Like the Ranger far more than its little brother. Didn't want to pay over 30 (why on the Maverick), but I snagged a 21' XLT for the same price of what I had on order.

Also, first Ford since my 87 LTD I had 21 years ago. Liked what Ford was doing with the small trucks. I have a one ton Chevy for any really heavy lifting but it's 11mpg self can stay waiting for work even more now.

KIMG0621_02_BURST1000621.JPG
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome to the forum !
Now on to important stuff...
How much $$$ do you have so we can tell you what to buy ? :LOL:

2xdaon.gif
Don't need no stinkin money! ?

Everywhere you want to be. ?

Visa.jpg

Cactus Jim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX
And I am glad I did. Like the Ranger far more than its little brother. Didn't want to pay over 30 (why on the Maverick), but I snagged a 21' XLT for the same price of what I had on order.

Also, first Ford since my 87 LTD I had 21 years ago. Liked what Ford was doing with the small trucks. I have a one ton Chevy for any really heavy lifting but it's 11mpg self can stay waiting for work even more now.

Welcome!

I had a '87 Panther platform (Town Car) too. I'm thoroughly convinced '87 was the best year for that generation of Panther because that thing never let me down. I had to sell the Town Car a few years back when my kid was born and ended up with a '11 Crown Vic but it just wasn't the same. I just traded the Vic in for a '21 Ranger, and now I have that, a '77 T-Bird with a 351W (will be going away soon) and a '75 Mark IV with the 460 (the replacement cruiser).

I guess you could say I'm a bit of a Ford guy lol.

Not a day goes by I don't miss ole Mary Todd and her license plate of questionable meaning.
lincoln1.JPG

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4

Rangers are much cooler than their ugly little brothers. Enjoy the sweet new ride.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Rangers are much cooler than their ugly little brothers. Enjoy the sweet new ride.
From what I've seen of the 2023 Ranger , it is going to look more like its little brother than I would like :(

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
Congrats! Glad you found a ride with plenty of smiles per gallon

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I had a '87 Panther platform (Town Car) too. I'm thoroughly convinced '87 was the best year for that generation of Panther
Mine was a beast as well. It even survived the front sump not being drained once (but refilled with the full capacity of oil) and it foaming so bad it came out the dipstick tube and created a smoke screen cooking off the exhaust. Ended up trading it because a south Texas guy in that thing got stationed in Colorado Springs and I needed something easier to drive on ice back then. Now I know the right set of tires would have been cheaper...

Thanks for the welcome. Browsing around now to see what I am going to do with it. Doubt it will stay stock for long.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Yes, a damper you need.
It is the only way to ease the FORCE !

yoda-art-observer.jpg

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Nice truck.
Be part of the resistance. Just say no to damper, be the cool kid on the block.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's late.
@AzScorpion is likely asleep now.
I'm sure he'll make up for lost time first thing tomorrow.
What are you doing up, can't sleep because your new Ranger is almost here right? :)

I'm trying to be good and not damper every post. Besides it seems like most of the newbies are getting it without my help but rest assured if they need a little nudge me and Terry @FoD are here to help.?

But just in case Patrick needs a little push over to the dark side here's the link to the best mod.?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-2019-2020-ford-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html
Sponsored