RDT (Ranger Daylight Time)?

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
All, I noticed yesterday that the clock on my Ranger was 2 hours in the future or the same as CDT when I'm in PDT. Oddly enough, it changed back to the right time when I turned it off. Starting it back up bumps it into the future again. Anyone else seeing this? Yesterday afternoon I reset the time such that when the truck was on it was right and then it reset itself today.

I don't think this happened before, it just started yesterday. I looked thru the menus and didn't see where I can set the timezone. Also, it seems to set itself somehow, is it doing some sort of NTP with its cell connection?
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Move to Eastern Standard and it will usually be right :)

I think there's a setting to set it to GPS time which will make it jump around weirdly. I turned it off and set it correctly and it's not moved since.

OP
OP

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, I'll check that out. I don't recall seeing that, note that I have an XL/STX w/o the Co-Pilot stuff so this is the base model screen.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Move to Eastern Standard and it will usually be right :)

I think there's a setting to set it to GPS time which will make it jump around weirdly. I turned it off and set it correctly and it's not moved since.
Mine does NOT set to GPS time. I have crossed time zones and re-set it manually.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Mine does NOT set to GPS time. I have crossed time zones and re-set it manually.
Mine sets to GPS once, but it does not do DST, so it's useless most of the year. Changing timezones doesn't trigger it to change unless you go in and click the button again. I have no idea how a XL would work though.

OP
OP

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the clock jumps to the future again, drive at 88mph and see what happens
Ha, I was going to say something about the fact that I hadn't been driving 88 so I couldn't understand the sudden transformation into the future!:).

I clicked thru the menus, I see no way to set it to GPS or non GPS. The only options the clock has on my XL is to set the time and to set the display to 24 hour clock.

OP
OP

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reviving this as it continues to be an issue for me:-(. I've looked thru all the settings, there's no GPS type setting (recall that I have the XL/STX so I have the bare bones version of Sync). Am I really the only one seeing this? I'm going to call the dealer and ask them about it. It seems that these base model Sync setups also don't connect to WiFi as I see no way to turn it on and off so I'm sure I can't download the new software if/when it becomes available.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Mine did this yesterday too. It would not adjust to non-DST here in Oregon (Pacfic time). I recall back in the spring, it switched automatically ok. I suspect there is bug in the Sync that was pushed out since spring. Ford will need to push a fix out :(

I could get the clock correct by turning off automatic time settings, and doing it manually, but that is not the answer.

Ed

OP
OP

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interestingly enough, there is no option for automatic time updates for me. All I can do is set the time or turn on the 24 hour clock.

Mine did this yesterday too. It would not adjust to non-DST here in Oregon (Pacfic time). I recall back in the spring, it switched automatically ok. I suspect there is bug in the Sync that was pushed out since spring. Ford will need to push a fix out :(

I could get the clock correct by turning off automatic time settings, and doing it manually, but that is not the answer.

Ed

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Ed
Mine finally updated to standard time around 11:00am. I tried to select "set time from GPS Time" but it didn't change at all. I left it and figured I'd change it later and then all of a sudden it had updated itself. Kind of odd....

OP
OP

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am I the only one without the automatic time option?

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The automatic time change must have been added in a Sync update as I had to manually change the time for DST. FYI I think there's a thread somewhere about all having to do so.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Here are the clock setup options on my 2021 with Nav,

clock.jpg

OP
OP

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reviving my thread.

I think this is fixed. I updated my sync software back in December and i haven't had the clock go off by a few hours since then. Now that we've hit daylight savings time and past it I think I'm in the clear since both time during the year when we'd change the time is when it seemed to happen.
Sponsored