First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I downloaded Forscan an ordered a cable....now I'm doing some reading before plugging in. I main reason for getting it is to ditch the enhanced engine sound.

I saw the first thing you do is plug in an make a profile....I saw where people with tuned trucks were having problems with this an had to reflash back to stock, make the profile then reload the tune.

Is this still the case or has the software been updated to no longer require this?

I'll dig into the other possible changes at a later time.

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I downloaded Forscan an ordered a cable....now I'm doing some reading before plugging in. I main reason for getting it is to ditch the enhanced engine sound.

I saw the first thing you do is plug in an make a profile....I saw where people with tuned trucks were having problems with this an had to reflash back to stock, make the profile then reload the tune.

Is this still the case or has the software been updated to no longer require this?

I'll dig into the other possible changes at a later time.

Thanks for any info.
+1.... On my to do list, laptop loaded cable on the way, tune will be from 5 Star.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
I have the Livernois tune and never had issues with ForScan. Worked everytime and did not have to flash back to stock.

OP
OP
Langwilliams

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I have the Livernois tune and never had issues with ForScan. Worked everytime and did not have to flash back to stock.
thanks for the info...the stuff I was reading was from 2019 an only when using it for the first time after the tune was already installed. Sounds like the fixed it.
Sponsored