SiriusXM - "Searching for Satelight" - all the time!

Kevin Bloom

First Name
KEvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x2
I have a new 2019 XLT Crew Cab 4x2 with 600 miles on it.. The SiriusXm radio stops working at random times on my Sync3 system. It will display "Searching For Satellite" on my Sync3 display screen. It is completely random. Clear day, cloudy days. And it last for hours at a time. I live in the suburbs and there are no obstructions. I've tired a master Sync3 reset and refreshed my satellite with SiriusXm. and Still it will work one day just fine then not work the next I have been a Ford owner for 10 years and a SiriusXm customer for 15 years. Never had a problem like this before. I've seen several threads in online forums related to this happening in 2018 Ford Explorers; so is this a known issue to Ford?

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I've been chasing a SiriusXM problem since the day I bought my truck. Finally Sirius decided that it was most likely a module problem with the truck. I now have an appointment with my Dealer to see what they can do.

I suspect you may have a similar problem based on your post...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have a new 2019 XLT Crew Cab 4x2 with 600 miles on it.. The SiriusXm radio stops working at random times on my Sync3 system. It will display "Searching For Satellite" on my Sync3 display screen. It is completely random. Clear day, cloudy days. And it last for hours at a time. I live in the suburbs and there are no obstructions. I've tired a master Sync3 reset and refreshed my satellite with SiriusXm. and Still it will work one day just fine then not work the next I have been a Ford owner for 10 years and a SiriusXm customer for 15 years. Never had a problem like this before. I've seen several threads in online forums related to this happening in 2018 Ford Explorers; so is this a known issue to Ford?

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Mine will lose reception occasionally for a brief moment - nothing like what you talk about. It is one of my complaints about satellite radio - it seems to be particular about reception. We have our 2016 C-Max and when driving thru some canyons we'd lose reception too. It just seems rather finicky to me. One reason we never subscribed past the original free trial.

OP
OP

Kevin Bloom

First Name
KEvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x2
Mine will lose reception occasionally for a brief moment - nothing like what you talk about. It is one of my complaints about satellite radio - it seems to be particular about reception. We have our 2016 C-Max and when driving thru some canyons we'd lose reception too. It just seems rather finicky to me. One reason we never subscribed past the original free trial.
Yeah I get the occasional loss of reception due to an overpass, tree, etc. But what I am experiencing is loss of singal for hours at a time. Then the next day it work fine on the same road.

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Yeah I get the occasional loss of reception due to an overpass, tree, etc. But what I am experiencing is loss of singal for hours at a time. Then the next day it work fine on the same road.
During my recent trip to Arizona my satellite stayed off for almost 50% of the drive. It's hard to justify bring it to the dealer because I don't know if it will act up for them.

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
Had SXM for awhile. Felt the library was weak for the genres available. Lithium is the Rage Against the Machine channel. They harass the hell out of you to sign up again...I just tell them all I get is "searching for satellite". At least now I'm not lying.
Sponsored