What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

sandog

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When you do the mushy brake fix, it sure is loud when the ABS pump goes crazy for 10 seconds or so. That's for the front brakes, it will make a racket again for the back two brakes.

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Mushy brake fix is going to be my Forscan project
Just got done. Can confirm that it helps and I almost put myself through the windscreen afterwards.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
stock or new wheels?
Factory 17" Magnetic Grey. I can't seem to find an aftermarket grey that completely matches with my magnetic trim. I really like the factory wheels too, just wish they had a slightly different offset and deeper dish.

Might be a slight bit before I can get 'em on. Got a mystery click on my new Fox install I want to figure out first.

I might end up with a small, possibly 1", spacer to push 'em out a bit. But I prefer the pizza cutters over the roller skates.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Factory 17" Magnetic Grey. I can't seem to find an aftermarket grey that completely matches with my magnetic trim. I really like the factory wheels too, just wish they had a slightly different offset and deeper dish.

Might be a slight bit before I can get 'em on. Got a mystery click on my new Fox install I want to figure out first.

I might end up with a small, possibly 1", spacer to push 'em out a bit. But I prefer the pizza cutters over the roller skates.
I agree with you opinion on the factor magnetic grey wheels. I like them and also wish for a better offset for what I wish.
Now I have to look up pizza cutters and roller skates. You forum people always give me too much home work.

Edit: so pizza cutters are "thinner" tires and roller skates are "wider"?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Tremor flares in yesterday. Got the primer, paint and clearcoat ordered today. I'll be color matching them to my truck (Lightning Blue). The pic is only showing how I'll have them positioned when I paint them. Scuff, prime, paint and clear, then "bake" them for a day. I've never been a fan of 2-tone paint jobs or chrome, so... Also have the dark tinted side marker lights coming to complete "The Look".

Tremor flares new.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I agree with you opinion on the factor magnetic grey wheels. I like them and also wish for a better offset for what I wish.
Now I have to look up pizza cutters and roller skates. You forum people always give me too much home work.

Edit: so pizza cutters are "thinner" tires and roller skates are "wider"?
Yep, not sure if anyone else calls the wide tires with too much offset rollerskates, but pizza cutters is commonly used.

Reactions: Doc

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Tremor flares in yesterday. Got the primer, paint and clearcoat ordered today. I'll be color matching them to my truck (Lightning Blue). The pic is only showing how I'll have them positioned when I paint them. Scuff, prime, paint and clear, then "bake" them for a day. I've never been a fan of 2-tone paint jobs or chrome, so... Also have the dark tinted side marker lights coming to complete "The Look".

Tremor flares new.jpg
Pro tip: I would not prime these new flares if they are raw plastic (they appear to be). I would get some Bulldog Adhesion Promoter, 1 coat of it, and paint right over that. It's possible they are factory black primered already. Test by wet sanding a small section w/ 400-600 grit, if the water juice produced is black, they are primered, if it stays relatively clear, they are raw plastic.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Pro tip: I would not prime these new flares if they are raw plastic (they appear to be). I would get some Bulldog Adhesion Promoter, 1 coat of it, and paint right over that. It's possible they are factory black primered already. Test by wet sanding a small section w/ 400-600 grit, if the water juice produced is black, they are primered, if it stays relatively clear, they are raw plastic.
The Tremor flares as sold by Ford Performance come painted Magnetic Grey.
I'm no pro, but even milkman can see that is paint, not raw or primered plastic.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
The Tremor flares as sold by Ford Performance come painted Magnetic Grey.
I'm no pro, but even milkman can see that is paint, not raw or primered plastic.
Yep you are defiantly right milk man. My little phone screen and bad eyes made them look kinda shinny black which reminded me of raw plastic. Just prep and paint in that case. Still no primer needed though.

RedR@nger

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Construction Safety
Wow!
Stage3Motorsports You guys are killing it! my stuff is coming in faster than I can put it on.
Mishimoto Cold Air Intake.

Actually going to be tough waiting until next weekend, exhaust isn't scheduled to show up until Wednesday, I figure I will do it all at once, don't want all that big air going in and trying to get out that little stock exhaust system.

Cold Air.jpg