Ranger Returns, Boosts Ford's truck franchise: Ford sold 9,421 Rangers in 2019 Q1

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Saying Ranger boosted truck sales seems like stretching the truth when 1. Ranger was 4% of F-series sales and 2. they sold more E-series than Rangers...

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Saying Ranger boosted truck sales seems like stretching the truth when 1. Ranger was 4% of F-series sales and 2. they sold more E-series than Rangers...
Compared to the same quarter last year:
-F-series sales were nearly identical
-E-series sales were DOWN by over 20%
-Total truck sales were UP by 11,038
-Ranger sales were UP (from nonexistent, of course) by 9,421
-Overall change in truck sales was an increase of 4.1%, which is quite similar to the contribution of the Ranger to overall truck sales

Seems perfectly reasonable to me to say that the increase in overall truck sales appears to be driven by the Ranger, with proper acknowledgement of the Transit/Transit Connect contribution to the category.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Does that count the ones not delivered to buyers?

Truckguy

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger
Ranger has not begun to sell as many trucks as they will when their inventories catch up to demand. There will be huge incentives when the Ranger sales slow up. I believe Tacoma will take the biggest hit as Ranger lives on its past laurels. IF the new Ranger proves reliable, there will be no stopping it. The Tacoma, even with 2020 gadgets cannot offer anything modern from the engine to trans to Entune.......and STILL Drum brakes,
Yet the Tacoma sells more and more, setting a Q1 record to start 2019.. so not sure people really care about that stuff

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I am fairly new to this forum, and just wanted to add my 2cents to this discussion. Americans are obsessed with suv and trucks. These figures are reflective of the market. E series are only cutaway for box trucks and rvs so that comparison between the ranger sales doesn't work. The Ranger is a hot commodity and and has contributed to an increase in ford truck sales. I am test driving a Ranger tomorrow and looking forward to it. I think this is a great option for me to move from my fusion to a great mid size truck. I admit I am a Ford guy as that's all we have purchased. My wife drives an escape and the 2.0 ecoboost in that suv has convinced me of the value of the ecoboost teconology.

Last edited:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Rangers are hard to find in my area my Ranger came in last Friday and I picked her up on Saturday my dealer can't keep them. My guy told me that they had six people wanting to buy my Ranger before I got there and they were people looking at her when I rolled up onto the lot. Ranger is a hit for Ford now if they don't F it up by not building more or quality tanks. I can tell you I'm happy as all get out I bought her.

jpboats

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat , Blue
Rangers are hard to find in my area my Ranger came in last Friday and I picked her up on Saturday my dealer can't keep them. My guy told me that they had six people wanting to buy my Ranger before I got there and they were people looking at her when I rolled up onto the lot. Ranger is a hit for Ford now if they don't F it up by not building more or quality tanks. I can tell you I'm happy as all get out I bought her.
Not hard to find in Northern FL? 60 trucks within 60 miles here

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Ridiculous and insulting to loyal customer orders, especially after reneging on ROVP.
I just don't understand how they hope to profit from betrayal.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You really have to research deeper to find ACTUAL stock. Many dealers have "45 Rangers" but when you look and count IN STOCK Rangers versus those on order the number is not high at all

For example, San Diego County only has 53 Rangers AVAILABLE in stock County Wide.( over 200 on order) . That is from SIX dealerships. ONE Tacoma dealership has 89 Tacomas IN STOCK

Don't use the Ranger count when selecting Rangers. Go to the dealer site and COUNT THOSE in stock.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You really have to research deeper to find ACTUAL stock. Many dealers have "45 Rangers" but when you look and count IN STOCK Rangers versus those on order the number is not high at all

For example, San Diego County only has 53 Rangers AVAILABLE in stock County Wide.( over 200 on order) . That is from SIX dealerships. ONE Tacoma dealership has 89 Tacomas IN STOCK

Don't use the Ranger count when selecting Rangers. Go to the dealer site and COUNT THOSE in stock.
And that's not reliable my dealer showed they had 3 instock including my Ranger on the Wednesday before I bought her. My guy told me that they didn't have any Rangers instock and mine arrived on Friday and I bought her on Saturday the next day. Call the dealer to find out for sure.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Per jpd80 on BlueOvalForums:

Q1 average transaction price on rich trim mix of 90% crew cabs was $37,882 which is $4,530 more than segment average.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic
And that's not reliable my dealer showed they had 3 instock including my Ranger on the Wednesday before I bought her. My guy told me that they didn't have any Rangers instock and mine arrived on Friday and I bought her on Saturday the next day. Call the dealer to find out for sure.
This holds water. My truck still appeared on my dealers website a week after I took delivery. You have to actually go down there and touch it. And even thats not always a sure bet. When I test drove one the salesman got an earfull from the sales manager because he was letting me test drive a sold unit!!!

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ridiculous and insulting to loyal customer orders, especially after reneging on ROVP.
I just don't understand how they hope to profit from betrayal.
Q1 average transaction price on rich trim mix of 90% crew cabs was $37,882 which is $4,530 more than segment average.
Per jpd80 on BlueOvalForums:
Unfortunately Ford seems to be only concerned with immediate profit
Sponsored