Forum Flaming

Deleted member 1634

I'm definitely with you OP. I probably spend about 10% of the time that I used to on this forum, and even less actually interacting and commenting.
I do get upset by the childish name calling and bullying.
And also the ignorance and unwillingness to learn and grow.
But even more so the sexist, racist, homophobic, nationalist, and all out violent comments I see all too prevalent. Not only on here, but in society. I just get so upset and frustrated that those types of people still exist. Sure, maybe this forum is a little more civil than other forums, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better, that I don't wish it was better. And I'm sure I have a lower tolerance for that type of behavior.

Really I'm not upset by this forum, I'm upset about the chunk of society this forum represents. It reminds me that there are still bad people out there in the world.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Personally I enjoy this forum much more than any of the others I belong to. I think, for the most part, it is informative and the members generally treat each other kindly. I do not use any type of social media other than forums concerning Jeeps, Rangers, Highlanders, and firearms. What I don't appreciate is the use of language that you wouldn't use in the general public. When I see such language here, I cringe because I know there are females and younger kids using this forum and they don't need to be exposed to such juvenile behavior. Thankfully this is not a regular occurrence.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
But even more so the sexist, racist, homophobic, nationalist, and all out violent comments...
Beyond the odd Ridgeline/purse comment I've seen none of that.

Perhaps it's a matter of perspective. If while reading something you're trying to find something offensive you probably will.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Personally I enjoy this forum much more than any of the others I belong to. I think, for the most part, it is informative and the members generally treat each other kindly. I do not use any type of social media other than forums concerning Jeeps, Rangers, Highlanders, and firearms. What I don't appreciate is the use of language that you wouldn't use in the general public. When I see such language here, I cringe because I know there are females and younger kids using this forum and they don't need to be exposed to such juvenile behavior. Thankfully this is not a regular occurrence.
I'll admit to that one. I have a foul mouth. I fully expected the forum to have a swear filter, which I would not try to dodge. However, when I saw they did not, I was pleasantly surprised, as I think they're silly.

I will try to remember that others may not appreciate my language, though. Whilst continuing to speak as though I do in my personal life in general public.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'll admit to that one. I have a foul mouth. I fully expected the forum to have a swear filter, which I would not try to dodge. However, when I saw they did not, I was pleasantly surprised, as I think they're silly.

I will try to remember that others may not appreciate my language, though. Whilst continuing to speak as though I do in my personal life in general public.
I have a hard time in real life not dropping f-bombs. 30+ years on a construction site and it becomes second nature to you. My gf use to think I was bad then one day we we on the phone while I was at work and she heard the GC talking. I sound like Mother Teresa compared to him. :shock:

I've got much better now that I'm away from the site but I do still tend to drop a few here n there but she so gracefully reminds me. I've seen a few posts here where I've had to shake my head but nothing real bad and I've never seen any of the sexist, racist, or homophobic posts Matt was referring to but luckily I must of missed them or just blocked them out.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I have a hard time in real life not dropping f-bombs. 30+ years on a construction site and it becomes second nature to you. My gf use to think I was bad then one day we we on the phone while I was at work and she heard the GC talking. I sound like Mother Teresa compared to him. :shock:

I've got much better now that I'm away from the site but I do still tend to drop a few here n there but she so gracefully reminds me. I've seen a few posts here where I've had to shake my head but nothing real bad and I've never seen any of the sexist, racist, or homophobic posts Matt was referring to but luckily I must of missed them or just blocked them out.
Not construction, but my entire working career has been with "colorful" folks.

Electronics techs, train mechanics, A/V techs, utility locators, and milkmen can probably run with any construction site.

I'm also glad I haven't seen some of that more extreme stuff. I can agree it would make the forum more difficult to enjoy.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm definitely with you OP. I probably spend about 10% of the time that I used to on this forum, and even less actually interacting and commenting.
I do get upset by the childish name calling and bullying.
And also the ignorance and unwillingness to learn and grow.
But even more so the sexist, racist, homophobic, nationalist, and all out violent comments I see all too prevalent. Not only on here, but in society. I just get so upset and frustrated that those types of people still exist. Sure, maybe this forum is a little more civil than other forums, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better, that I don't wish it was better. And I'm sure I have a lower tolerance for that type of behavior.

Really I'm not upset by this forum, I'm upset about the chunk of society this forum represents. It reminds me that there are still bad people out there in the world.
Well that sounds like me :bandit:
I just dont remember the sexist, racist, homophobic, and all out violent comments
Now if you mean by Nationalist : having pride in my country above all other countries. Then that is 100% right. It will remain that way until the day the Constitution is no longer the foundation.

Thankfully Ill be dead and gone before that completely happens.

Last edited:

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Not construction, but my entire working career has been with "colorful" folks.

Electronics techs, train mechanics, A/V techs, utility locators, and milkmen can probably run with any construction site.

I'm also glad I haven't seen some of that more extreme stuff. I can agree it would make the forum more difficult to enjoy.
I really thought u said colored folks lol

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I am part of a Dallas Cowboys forum and it is almost as toxic as FB and Twitter. This board is much more civil than that.
Holy cow! Another Greg from Texas that drives a Ranger and is a Cowboys fan? Are we twins or something?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Here’s my take on it. Depending on your personality you read and interpret things your own way. You inject the tone and possibly mannerisms into what you read.

Now the OP might be trying to project their view differently than the way you interpret their post.

Take a step back, reread it again and think it through with a different tone.

99% of the time it’s on you. Just sayin!

Grandma’s old advise

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rick,

Sage advice... There are a few "know it all" folks on these forums that I would like to feed them their own socks, but find they eventually do themselves in on their own.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
i used to proudly display the pride flag on my avatar.
theres a reason i dont now.
Clearly, the least sarcastic, yet most profound comment I've heard you make RP. Well said. ?
Sponsored