Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Ranger got its first post oil change outting today to take the old oil to the transfer station where dumping old oil is free. all 6.2 quarts. So I head to the oil dump station and this Taco pulls in before me...the whole tailgate is seeping oil. Looks like he had about 5 gallons of oil and the container ruptured. Guy at the dump station was really pissed....he drug a 50 lb bag of oil dry out to the Taco and he and the driver tiried to stem the tide...Thick black goo oozing everywhere out the back of the Taco....

I pulled up next to the Taco, got out and retrieved my two little containers of oil for placement on the pallet next to the dump tank. Taco drive looked at me and I shook my head and said YUK! He just nodded... I was glad to get out of there before the oil avalanche was about to happen when the Taco dropped his tail gate....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I got my PullKitchen uncrated and in the back of my truck. I still need to mount it to the truck bed, but it fits, which was the main concern. Mine was the first one they've built for a Ranger.

www.pullkitchen.com

pullkitchen.jpg

The fridge fits next to it on a slider that I'm still in the process of fabbing using 8020 tslots. Go Fast camper goes over all of it. Then, we are headed West for an adventure!

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Drove over to the Ford dealer to a Bronco show and tell. The young lady presenting said they could answer 95% of questions. She said that if you were a regular on the Bronco forum you might know more than they do. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: So Ford does pay attention to these forums.:thumbsup:

BTW the Broncos are impressive. Sold out for 21 and well into 22. Probably not the vehicle for me. The Ranger will do all the off roading and bad weather driving that I need, but they are still pretty awesome.

bronco (1).jpg

bronco (2).jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Drove over to the Ford dealer to a Bronco show and tell. The young lady presenting said they could answer 95% of questions. She said that if you were a regular on the Bronco forum you might know more than they do. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: So Ford does pay attention to these forums.:thumbsup:

BTW the Broncos are impressive. Sold out for 21 and well into 22. Probably not the vehicle for me. The Ranger will do all the off roading and bad weather driving that I need, but they are still pretty awesome.

bronco (1).jpg

bronco (2).jpg
The more I see it I'm really liking the Area 51 color but have yet to see one in person. I'll probably still stick with white for mine as it will hide the dust and desert pinstriping better. I'm not a fan of those soft tops though.

Funny because the off road show we went to back in December the rep there couldn't answer most of the question people we asking. Me and another Bronco forum member who I met there actually knew more than he did. Looks like several Bronco forum members received their VIN #'s last week. It's going to be a long wait for me until '22 especially once they start hitting the streets. ?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
The more I see it I'm really liking the Area 51 color but have yet to see one in person. I'll probably still stick with white for mine as it will hide the dust and desert pinstriping better. I'm not a fan of those soft tops though.

Funny because the off road show we went to back in December the rep there couldn't answer most of the question people we asking. Me and another Bronco forum member who I met there actually knew more than he did. Looks like several Bronco forum members received their VIN #'s last week. It's going to be a long wait for me until '22 especially once they start hitting the streets. ?
There were two reps and they were very knowledgeable, answered every question. After their presentation they opened up the ropes and let every one crawl all over them. Unfortunately not a test driving event. She did say that most orders were for the hard top. They apologized for not having a 2 door there. The event was by invitation and most of the people had orders in. The drooling was excessive. :LOL:

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Thanks

Did you do anything other than a leveling kit?

I’m getting ready to order an XLT and I’m looking at tire options.
I went with a 2.5 torch leveling kit and I'm running 1.5 inch wheel spacers. The truck performed awesome in deep water crossings and loose gravel in washed out creek beds. I love my truck and hope you will as well

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The Ranger took me and my gf out to dinner for our anniversary. She’s suffered though 16 years with me so a nice Italian dinner and flowers was the least I could do. We’ve had this long distance relationship going because she use to take care of her sick mother before passing and I was very involved with my business back east. If there’s been one good thing that came from Covid it’s that she just got the approval to stay working from home out here for the rest of her career, she’ll be 60 in June so 5 more years until retirement but possibly earlier. Hope she knows what she’s getting into? ?

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
The Ranger took me and my gf out to dinner for our anniversary. She’s suffered though 16 years with me so a nice Italian dinner and flowers was the least I could do. We’ve had this long distance relationship going because she use to take care of her sick mother before passing and I was very involved with my business back east. If there’s been one good thing that came from Covid it’s that she just got the approval to stay working from home out here for the rest of her career, she’ll be 60 in June so 5 more years until retirement but possibly earlier. Hope she knows what she’s getting into? ?
Happy anniversary!

Your wife is one month older than me. (I'm not calling her old! :) ) I'm buying the Ranger instead of a BMW, because Covid has opened my eyes to what's important. My wife is already retired and I'm about ready to join her.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Happy anniversary!

Your wife is one month older than me. (I'm not calling her old! :) ) I'm buying the Ranger instead of a BMW, because Covid has opened my eyes to what's important. My wife is already retired and I'm about ready to join her.
Thanks Mike but she's not the wife just yet, still the gf but I'm sure that's going to change now. :surprised: I'm kidding she's a great person plus she's put up with me for all these years. lol

Enjoy your retirement! ?
Sponsored