2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was reading another thread on the forum about Toyo Open Country AT3 Tires and they sound like a very good tire. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/toyo-open-country-a-t-iii.6876/page-3#post-203198

I went to research them in Canada and low and behold they are not sold in Canada yet, at least what I could find. I have sent Toyo Canada a few messages today on different formats, but have not heard back from them yet.
I just got a reply back from Toyo Canada and the Open Country AT3 will be launched this March!

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Ford Pass updated today, we have the rewards program here now! And I see a LOT more dealers across the country are added to the plan, including my local shop (Meadowvale Ford).

Unfortunately it's not retroactive. But, it's a start!

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
God that list is funny, how long before they fix it! Golden is now in Qc & so is Edmonton!
My dealer is now in Mississauga, I'll have to rethink my oil change!

On a different note, I bought my Ranger on Dec 21st, my fuel average so far, at 1,300km,
seems to be over 13l/100km, which is high as FORD claims just above 11L.
I now it's not much km so far & it's winter gas, but for those that had their Ranger
in the summer, what was/is your consumption in summer / winter.
My other vehicles had about 100km less in winter which gave about 2l/100km less
(better) & I would expect the same with this vehicle.

Tks.

Silverfox

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Tech
God that list is funny, how long before they fix it! Golden is now in Qc & so is Edmonton!
My dealer is now in Mississauga, I'll have to rethink my oil change!

On a different note, I bought my Ranger on Dec 21st, my fuel average so far, at 1,300km,
seems to be over 13l/100km, which is high as FORD claims just above 11L.
I now it's not much km so far & it's winter gas, but for those that had their Ranger
in the summer, what was/is your consumption in summer / winter.
My other vehicles had about 100km less in winter which gave about 2l/100km less
(better) & I would expect the same with this vehicle.

Tks.
My hand calculated mileage has always been over 14L/100km on a tank with mixed driving. I’m now at 3500km. I just can’t understand how some are getting up to 26mpg.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
My hand calculated mileage has always been over 14L/100km on a tank with mixed driving. I’m now at 3500km. I just can’t understand how some are getting up to 26mpg.
Yeah, I'm soft on the gas & always try to conserve gas. We have not gone on a long
drive yet but I have seen it hitting 9L on the highway a few times, 26mpg would be sweet.
I realize this is not a Prius but I kinda expect what FORD say's.
Funny cuz before I bought I saw lots of people saying the mileage was not so good &
others were getting good so I just thought , you know, some don't know how to drive...

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Mine seems to read an average 10.6-10.8, fairly flat down here in SW Ont. farm land. 50km each way to work, 90kph secondary roads, which you run 100 on, and a few stop signs, very little highway. I'm just a few days past 2 yrs of ownership and sitting just over 55,000 klicks

When I first got it I did hand calc.s and the computer was always a bit optimistic, but I got over that, lol.

Ive tried and can get much better mileage, but I just dont drive like that, so I accept what I get.

The 14l/100km for silverfox seems high, I got close to that towing a sled trailer!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Old habits are hard to break - how Canadian is it that we can discuss mileage by mentioning L/100km and then gauge it against mpg all in one breath?

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Old habits are hard to break - how Canadian is it that we can discuss mileage by mentioning L/100km and then gauge it against mpg all in one breath?
A learnt skill.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Mine seems to read an average 10.6-10.8, fairly flat down here in SW Ont. farm land. 50km each way to work, 90kph secondary roads, which you run 100 on, and a few stop signs, very little highway. I'm just a few days past 2 yrs of ownership and sitting just over 55,000 klicks

When I first got it I did hand calc.s and the computer was always a bit optimistic, but I got over that, lol.

Ive tried and can get much better mileage, but I just dont drive like that, so I accept what I get.

The 14l/100km for silverfox seems high, I got close to that towing a sled trailer!

10 to 11L/100km is reasonable. I filled up half a tank & it came to 17L/100km, a bit much.
Anyway, short drives to the grocery store & back are not the best. 50km each way
& getting 10 to 11 is what I would expect. I expect in the summer I'll be seeing
close to the rated L/100km & yes going 80/90 is best but everyone is doing 120
as RP mentioned. No deal breaker, we love this truck.

Silverfox

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Tech
I’m still getting used to the l/100km. Comparing it to mpg gives me a better idea of efficiency. Years of reading and watching American vehicle reviews will do that. Best mileage I’ve seen was a 55 km drive from Mississauga to Tottenham and back. Up the 427 then up Hwy 50 at around 90kph, then up a side road at 70kph. That was around 11L/100. Did lots of drives from Mississauga to the Ganaraska forest and back. Those were at almost 12L/100km. That’s according to the dash display. When I hand calculate a tank the dash is optimistic by 1L/100km.
Sponsored