Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all you Ranger 5G enthusiasts. I'm looking to put together/organize a next summer weekend gathering of us Ranger maniacs.....Here in beautiful Northern Colorado along the Cache la Poudre river. We recently had a devastating wildfire in the area, but after the smoke cleared we have LOTS of gorgeous National Forest to camp for free and run around in and play with our Rangers! This would definitely be a families welcome, family friendly, please bring your significant other if you want kinda deal! Mine will be there and maybe some family too....

We have many places to camp and come together as a group in the Arapahoe and Roosevelt National Forests. This area is just (10mi) to the north of Rocky Mountain National Park and approximately 35 miles west of I-25 @ Fort Collins, Colorado. The Poudre River (Pronounced Poo-der...lol) is Colorado's only Nationally designated Wild and Scenic River. The fishing is absolutely AWESOME! Honestly, I don't have many trips fishing along the Poudre where I don't catch fish. The entrance to Poudre canyon is only 30 minutes from my house so I fish here regularly. Brown Trout, Brook Trout, Rainbow Trout, and an occasional Native Green-back Cutthroat....I'm also a biologist so I'll make sure you leave here with some wildlife/fisheries wisdom/knowledge. (no fly fishing, just spinning gear unless you want) Consider it a free guided trip...lol;)

So I'm looking for some sort of a gauge of who/how many of you wonderful people would be interested in attending such an event. I am from Texas originally, so there WILL BE some smoking of meats involved...especially beef brisket and pork shoulder. I'm sure there will also be some music and an adult beverage or two....lol. BYOB

I'm sure we will do some playing in the Rangers....maybe we could figure out some safe, fun, 4x4 activities to have some friendly competitions....could use help figuring out some of this.

Anyway....ya'll let me know and we will make this thing happen, I'm thinking a 3 day event, probably mid-July to early-August time frame. That is something that can be worked out with the group.

Would love to meet all you crazy Ranger people!!

Message me in here and include your email address or email me at [email protected] if you are interested and we will go from there....TIA

BTW....you retired folks have no excuse but to show up....lol :clap:

IMG_1279.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all you Ranger 5G enthusiasts. I'm looking to put together/organize a next summer weekend gathering of us Ranger maniacs.....Here in beautiful Northern Colorado along the Cache la Poudre river. We recently had a devastating wildfire in the area, but after the smoke cleared we have LOTS of gorgeous National Forest to run around in and play with our Rangers!

We have many places to camp and come together as a group in the Arapahoe and Roosevelt National Forests. This area is just (10mi) to the north of Rocky Mountain National Park. The Poudre River (Pronounced Poo-der...lol) is Colorado's only Nationally designated Wild and Scenic River. The fishing is absolutely AWESOME! Honestly, I don't have many trips fishing along the Poudre where I don't catch fish. The entrance to Poudre canyon is only 30 minutes from my house so I fish here regularly. Brown Trout, Brook Trout, Rainbow Trout, and an occasional Native Green-back Cutthroat....

So I'm looking for some sort of a gauge of who/how many of you wonderful people would be interested in attending such an event. I am from Texas originally, so there WILL BE some smoking of meats involved...especially beef brisket and pork shoulder. I'm sure there will also be some music and an adult beverage or two....lol. BYOB

I'm sure we will do some playing in the Rangers....maybe we could figure out some safe, fun, 4x4 activities to have some friendly competitions....could use help figuring out some of this.

Anyway....ya'll let me know and we will make this thing happen, I'm thinking a 3 day event, probably mid-July to early-August time frame. That is something that can be worked out with the group.

Would love to meet all you crazy Ranger people!!

Message me and include your email address if you are interested and we will go from there....TIA

IMG_1279.jpg
What a great idea Mark - If I lived nearby, or even in the same country, I'd be all-in!

I hope this get together works out and you all (I mean, ya'll) have a blast!

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
What a great idea Mark - If I lived nearby, or even in the same country, I'd be all-in!

I hope this get together works out and you all (I mean, ya'll) have a blast!
Well if this COVID ridiculousness gets in a better way you could fly on down and we'll make sure you get in on the festivities.....if it happens...lol

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Tracy Bowman....I need help getting the word out on this so I can maybe get it off the ground....thanks for the endorsement...lol

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Count me in ?

Maybe April or May...Summer can get pretty hot ?

How about adding a poll?

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Count me in ?

Maybe start a poll?
I'll do it....we've got lots of time to get it setup....something cool to look forward after all of this COVID crap!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'll do it....we've got lots of time to get it setup....something cool to look forward after all of this COVID crap!
Oh wait...I thought you said North Carolina lol...24 hours from home...let me chew on the logistics but I'm very interested...this is the excuse I need to get away from home for a real trip...

Last edited:
OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Count me in ?

Maybe April or May...Summer can get pretty hot ?

How about adding a poll?
It's still cold here in April....May can be iffy. June would be the earliest I would try so as not to worry about weather. July is hot here...but it's dry. August is usually wonderful! Not sure if this will get enough interest to mess with this event. We'll see....

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
Very interested. Since you're local to the area should draw up some routes or points of interests for everyone to explore.

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Very interested. Since you're local to the area should draw up some routes or points of interests for everyone to explore.
Definitely!
Lots of stuff here...
If you haven’t seen a moose before I can probably get that checked off your list...this area is just a couple of miles from some of the best moose habitat in the world.
If it is a go with “RangerFest 2021” as I would like to call it,(Jamboree sounds like the Boy Scouts...lol) I will put together several maps for reference.
Thanks for your interest!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely!
Lots of stuff here...
If you haven’t seen a moose before I can probably get that checked off your list...this area is just a couple of miles from some of the best moose habitat in the world.
If it is a go with “RangerFest 2021” as I would like to call it,(Jamboree sounds like the Boy Scouts...lol) I will put together several maps for reference.
Thanks for your interest!
Moose box checked several times... Last time in Jackson Hole at buddies mansion, surprised a Bull dining on the shrubs in the front yard.... It charged and I sprinted back into the house and slammed the door... Big and fast...whew!

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Moose box checked several times... Last time in Jackson Hole at buddies mansion, surprised a Bull dining on the shrubs in the front yard.... It charged and I sprinted back into the house and slammed the door... Big and fast...whew!
Well maybe we could check off the Big Horn sheep box or the I bet I can put you on a native Colorado Green-back Cutthroat Trout if your willing to hike a mile or so...I would almost guarantee that but that’s why we call it fishing and not catching...right Phil?:wink:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well maybe we could check off the Big Horn sheep box or the I bet I can put you on a native Colorado Green-back Cutthroat Trout if your willing to hike a mile or so...I would almost guarantee that but that’s why we call it fishing and not catching...right Phil?:wink:
Hi Mark,

Big Horn Sheep Box checked up at Glacier National Park. We were on the Highline trail and let them pass. Could have reached out and pet them, but refrained as they are wild and we want to leave them that way and not spook them.

Big Horn Sheep.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Well I would still love to see you drive up and hang out with us for a weekend. I'm renaming this proposed event the "Unofficial RangerFest 2021 - The After COVID Party"....lol
Seriously, I think we will have enough folks for a small gathering in the summer, probably 20 or so. Not everyone that has contacted me has answered the poll. Honestly I don't plan on this being a big logistical deal. I know a couple of nice areas that can accommodate at decent size group of people on public land in a gorgeous spot. I will check with the Forest Service to see if we might need a permit for a large group gathering, if there is such a thing (I would cover this). It will be a show up or not event...no big deal. No admission, no fees, bring your own everything. Low priced lodging is available within a 45 min drive of the area for those that prefer not to camp. I have no agenda here except to meet other Ranger owners in a beautiful setting, compare notes in person on stuff we do to our trucks, and just enjoy the Colorado mountains.....Hope you'll be there!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Hi Mark,

Big Horn Sheep Box checked up at Glacier National Park. We were on the Highline trail and let them pass. Could have reached out and pet them, but refrained as they are wild and we want to leave them that way and not spook them.

Big Horn Sheep.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Nice pic - and since this thread was created by a gent from Texas - wife and I had just completed a hike in Glacier - from the Grinnell Glacier to the parking lot at going to the sun road and got hammered by an intense thunder storm, leaving us soaked but in the parking a lady ran up to us and pointed at the hill above the trail and excitedly said "did you see those longhorn sheep up there " I assumed she was from the lone star state.
Sponsored